Affordable Credit/Debit Card acceptance with Affiliate Tracking needed
    Hi all,

I have been scanning the forum for this, but haven't found any answers??? I currently take paypal for my digital products sales, but feel that I am losing out on sales as I do not accept credit or debit cards (I know paypal does, but people have to sign up, which can be a big turn off).

So my first question is, what is an affordable way of accepting credit/debit card payments without any hassle for customers? I found Nochex and they looked quite good, but I havent seen them once on this forum, can they come recommended and what are some useful alternatives?

My second question is how to affordabley integrate these type of payments with affiliate tracking. Alot of affiliate programs require merchant accounts it seems, or tracking through merchant gateways, which often mean large monthly costs.

Can anyone please help or offer their advice?

Many Thanks,
    Ben

If you would like to check out our site www.fasttransactonline.com we specialize in internet processing. We also can help you with your affiliate tracking questions as we ourselves have over 1000 affiliates.

You can call and ask for Danna Fischer.

You may want to check out www.plimus.com. They're free to sign up with and will only charge you for each sale you make. And the charge is quite reasonable. They're quite flexible as well. For example, you can create custom thank you pages with dynamic data inserted.

They also have an in-built affiliate program. It's basic but it works.

You can also set Plimus up to give royalties to a certain person for each sale you make of a certain product. This is useful when you're doing joint ventures.

~ Bina.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    "Affordable" is in the eye of the beholder...what I call affordable, you may think is a big bunch o' dough. Or, you may come back and say that you think $100/mo is "affordable," when I wouldn't call that affordable (for a brand-new merchant) at all!

You seem to be a bit confused as to what does what. I'll try to clear things up.

ACCEPTING CREDIT CARDS through your own merchant account (rather than an outside per-transaction processing service) in real-time *does* require a payment gateway. The Gateway is what tells you whether the CC is accepted or denied, and is a part of the process of getting the buyer's money into your account.

I don't think it's too expensive, but you do need to look around to avoid getting ripped off. In other threads, ABW member Chetf has recommended Wells-Fargo, the big bank. From what I've seen of it, it looks reputable and non-ripoff, unlike many of the more well-advertised options on the net. And, they have no signup fee, unless that's changed recently.

Exception: If you have bad credit, you may have to go to some place with an extortionistic signup fee. Also, your credit rating can affect your "discount rate," which is the percentage per transaction you're charged for processing CC transactions.

AFFILIATE PROGRAMS AND TRACKING are altogether seperate from the gateway or other payment solution--although some "integrated" solutions may include both, in an attempt to be all-inclusive.

In short, the gateway makes sure YOU get paid. The affiliate tracking makes sure THE AFFILIATES get credit for referred sales. They're two seperate things.

Here's ShareASale's "how it works" page:

http://www.shareasale.com/how.cfm
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

In terms of the ease of signup and fast access, I suggest 2checkout. While their fees and reserve will cost you 10%, you have no monthly limit unlike a traditional merchant processor that can take days to week to setup and then based upon your credit you could get a $5000 monthly limit. If you have the best credit then of course your limit is higher.

Quote Originally Posted by HeritageIntlGroup
    In terms of the ease of signup and fast access, I suggest 2checkout. While their fees and reserve will cost you 10%, you have no monthly limit unlike a traditional merchant processor that can take days to week to setup and then based upon your credit you could get a $5000 monthly limit. If you have the best credit then of course your limit is higher.
    Unfortunately you are not quite correct in your assesment of our industry. Your monthly limit is based upon your projected sales. Your rate is based upon risk. Standard rate for merchants is 2.29-2.59%. It is higher for merchants who offer a higher risk (adult) product. Yes it can take days to weeks to set up an account but that depends on many factors. Are you just developing a site and are you integrating a shopping cart, payment gateway etc? Did you supply the CC Processing company with all the required documentation for underwriting? Is your website compliant with VISA/MC regulations? If all this is already in place when applying for service it can be approved within two business days.

There are many options out there for internet business credit card processing. While PayPal and 2checkout may have its place, at some point when your business builds to a higher volume, a traditional merchant account can be more cost effective as well as give you more fraud protection.

Make sure the processor you choose understands the unique needs of an internet merchant. While most companies can set up the accounts, they outsource their services to third party vendors and then forget you exist. Find one that specializes in internet processing, provides a one source solution and does all the customer service under one roof.

Starlink

If you want more information about our services PM me and I'll be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.

Ben, assuming you are located in UK/Europe, I think you should add one more processor with Paypal like worldpay, ChronoPay, Multicards, secpay etc, this will enable you to provide more option to your customers those who have no paypal account and wish to pay by CC or ATM ect.

I cant tell you
    I can give you the best possible set-up parameters. You are paying way too much with Paypal, close to 3%. There is ne reason a web business should pay that must unless they are an adult website. Send me an email and I can give you the complete breakdown, price and all.

Leader, I guess "all-inclusive" solution is what the question was all about.

Bonuscodevault, take a look at http://www.clickbank.com/. This digital products retailer takes 7.5%+$0.30 per transaction, but it accepts both credit/debit cards and PayPal (it also supports eChecks if you allow it to in your account). The signup process is free, but you need to pay $49 for product approval.

Although its per-transaction commission is high enough comparing to other payment processors like 2CheckOut or Plimus, it has a great benefit of having incredibly large network of affiliates and simple referral system - any affiliate can link you easily and instantly. Also, some kinds of products will not be accepted, such as mine was Everything else is great if you have a great product to sell.

Dennis.

I use card service of america, low fees and monthly fees about $60.oo per month

Card Payment Processor (Like Paypal) Accept Credit Cards
    Hi,

You can try our service, Its free to register,

Here is the AD I use:

Start Accepting Online Payments Instantly: No paperwork, no approval process! You can register for an account and begin accepting payments on your website in just minutes!

Free Referral Program: Open a free account today and be automatically enrolled in our free affiliate program that pays you for your referrals 6 levels deep.

Instant Payment Notifications: You are notified instantly via e-mail when someone sends funds to your account.

Variety of Funding Options: We offers a variety of funding options, such as by credit card, E-check, and U.S. mail

Sell Online: We are a reliable payment processor and will not "freeze" or "suspend" your account for any reason other than fraud or spam!

We are here for your success on the internet!

I cant post the Website details here so please email or PM for details.

Good Luck.

ABW Ambassador
    If I were a business I might consider buying an ad rather than bumping a 2006/2007 thread.

http://www.abestweb.com/advertising/

Re: Ads
    Oh I see,

Thanks,

I am not really looking to advertise just yet ( maybe later) just trying to help a few people who have been let down by card processing companies as I was several times in the past.

Not trying to spam ,

Quote Originally Posted by Pay-Anyone
    I am not really looking to advertise just yet ( maybe later) just trying to help a few people who have been let down by card processing companies as I was several times in the past.
    Sure you are, you're just not looking to pay for it. Why pay when you can SPAM?

Not trying to spam ,
    As I said, you kinda blew that didn't ya?

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Re
    I dont need anything lad,

I dont need anything lad,
    Sure you do, a lesson in ethics sure wouldn't hurt. Lad.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

re
    What lessons from a beggar like you,

Go away you wanker

ABW Ambassador
    Thread Closed
    ban warning for name calling

19. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread