Performance Incentives Question
    If a merchant added a performance incentive a few days ago (the 25th for example) of an extra 20% cohmmission above 10 sales, and an affiliate already had 9 sales through the 25th, but then got a couple more sales by the end of the month, will he/she still receive the incentive bonus, or must the 10+ sales occur between the time the new program terms are accepted and the end of the month (i.e., must get 10+ sales in just 5-6 days)? The CJ help section on performance incentives doesn't speak to this scenario.

ABW Ambassador
    Performance incentives based on the number of sales are typically for a calendar month, regardless of when the signup date is, unless of course, it specifically states otherwise. Contact the merchant to clarify.

Affiliate Manager Heidi Sturrock's Avatar
    Hi ticketguyz,

It is my understanding that an incentive bonus is extended to you, wrapped in a new program "term."

Therefor, you would receive your bonus from earning ten sales from the day you accept the new term. You can check in your CJ account for the official day you were rolled in or accepted the term.

Of course, this could be a moot point if they are going to be awarding bonuses manually. You best bet would be to check with the program's affiliate manager. Hope that is helpful.

Heidi

Thanks Heidi... this question was somewhat general in nature, as to how the new terms affect any given merchant/affiliate relationship when presented near the end of a month. Your understanding is different from Snowman's, so we'll see what happens if I ever run into the scenario I mentioned. I just thought it odd that merchants would extend new incentive offers before the end of the month unless it was to make sure affiliates can get in before the following month starts.

Happened to me last month. I'm only getting bonuses for the days after the program changed, and it takes an extra month to get them!

It seems to only take place once I hit the accept button. So some offers that go down in commissions I wait until the last day to accept it.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread