Check GoldenCan Links
    Was just cleaning up my site that uses the GoldenCan links on it and low and behold, my GoldenCan category pages weren't working. Went to the Goldencan site and found that the categories have been changed.
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

Quote Originally Posted by Nature Boy
    Was just cleaning up my site that uses the GoldenCan links on it and low and behold, my GoldenCan category pages weren't working. Went to the Goldencan site and found that the categories have been changed.
    There was a discussion on this in this thread (starting from post #24).

I wonder why your categories didn't update themselves...

Geno

Mr. GoldenCan
    If you have created complete store integration for all categories then the categories should change automatically as they are changed by the merchant in the data feed.

If you have created a store for a specific category and that category is no longer available in the data feed you will have to create that category store again.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenCAN
    If you have created a store for a specific category and that category is no longer available in the data feed you will have to create that category store again.
    Yep, that's what happened.

Sorry, but not every post gets read around here, especially ones buried in an old thread. New datafeeds/category updates should deserve their own thread and/or email announcement so people who work outside the box don't get left out in the cold.
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

...New datafeeds/category updates should deserve their own thread and/or email announcement so people who work outside the box don't get left out in the cold.
    Good point. There have been continuous changes happening in this field, and we've been waiting for everything to settle before we send out a newsletter on this.

Geno

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Geno Prussakov
    Good point. There have been continuous changes happening in this field, and we've been waiting for everything to settle before we send out a newsletter on this.

Geno
    Hi Natureboy

Apologies for the inconvenience. We went through a category modification to try and simplify the navigation for your visitors and thus improve conversions. I am certain that this will not occur again.

Thank you for your support!
    Sajjad

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread