Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    ABW Ambassador Nature Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,423
    Check GoldenCan Links
    Was just cleaning up my site that uses the GoldenCan links on it and low and behold, my GoldenCan category pages weren't working. Went to the Goldencan site and found that the categories have been changed.
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

  2. #2
    AM Navigator Geno Prussakov's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 10th, 2005
    Location
    Washington D.C. Metro Area
    Posts
    11,798
    Quote Originally Posted by Nature Boy
    Was just cleaning up my site that uses the GoldenCan links on it and low and behold, my GoldenCan category pages weren't working. Went to the Goldencan site and found that the categories have been changed.
    There was a discussion on this in this thread (starting from post #24).

    I wonder why your categories didn't update themselves...

    Geno

  3. #3
    Mr. GoldenCan
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2005
    Posts
    975
    Quote Originally Posted by Nature Boy
    Was just cleaning up my site that uses the GoldenCan links on it and low and behold, my GoldenCan category pages weren't working. Went to the Goldencan site and found that the categories have been changed.
    If you have created complete store integration for all categories then the categories should change automatically as they are changed by the merchant in the data feed.

    If you have created a store for a specific category and that category is no longer available in the data feed you will have to create that category store again.

  4. #4
    ABW Ambassador Nature Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,423
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenCAN
    If you have created a store for a specific category and that category is no longer available in the data feed you will have to create that category store again.
    Yep, that's what happened.

    Sorry, but not every post gets read around here, especially ones buried in an old thread. New datafeeds/category updates should deserve their own thread and/or email announcement so people who work outside the box don't get left out in the cold.
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

  5. #5
    AM Navigator Geno Prussakov's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 10th, 2005
    Location
    Washington D.C. Metro Area
    Posts
    11,798
    Quote Originally Posted by Nature Boy
    ...New datafeeds/category updates should deserve their own thread and/or email announcement so people who work outside the box don't get left out in the cold.
    Good point. There have been continuous changes happening in this field, and we've been waiting for everything to settle before we send out a newsletter on this.

    Geno

  6. #6
    Affiliate Manager
    Join Date
    April 22nd, 2006
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by Geno Prussakov
    Good point. There have been continuous changes happening in this field, and we've been waiting for everything to settle before we send out a newsletter on this.

    Geno
    Hi Natureboy

    Apologies for the inconvenience. We went through a category modification to try and simplify the navigation for your visitors and thus improve conversions. I am certain that this will not occur again.

    Thank you for your support!
    Sajjad

  7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Redirect GoldenCan Links to a 404
    By Bob Lawrence in forum Programming / Datafeeds / Tools
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: May 22nd, 2014, 08:20 PM
  2. Overstock/Goldencan links go to void
    By Chocolate_Chicken in forum GoldenCAN
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: October 25th, 2005, 03:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •