Results 1 to 3 of 3
August 31st, 2006, 10:55 AM #1
Need Help With Adwords
- Join Date
- August 30th, 2006
I would like to setup an adwords campaign, I generate insurance leads. What are some tips and tricks to settting up a campaign that will be sucessful?
August 31st, 2006, 11:11 AM #2
I can think of 7 tips off hand (the usual entry-level stuff):
1) You need targetted keywords to set your campaigns for (use something like http://inventory.overture.com , or www.wordtracker.com to determine what keywords will work best for your site). Wordtracker is a paid service, which is a tad expensive, but has proven very useful and thorough.
2) Consider using dynamic keyword insertion into your ads (which matches what users type in as a query, and will insert it into your title).
3) Should always have a call-to-action in your ad (i.e., "act now for 20% off!")
4) Tracking, tracking, and more tracking. Without tracking of some kind, you'll never really know how well your campaigns are doing.
5) Have your ads go to internal pages of your site (more appropriate landing pages than your main page).
6) Try something like split-testing with your ads...so that you end up tuning them for maximum CTR.
7) And buy: Winning Results with Google AdWords: by Andrew Goodman. This great book has just about all the info you need to get started the right way.
August 31st, 2006, 11:17 AM #3
By panic999 in forum Search Engine OptimizationReplies: 2Last Post: July 17th, 2009, 08:35 AM
By mweidner2782 in forum Search Engine OptimizationReplies: 2Last Post: December 28th, 2007, 10:49 PM
By admad1 in forum Search Engine OptimizationReplies: 6Last Post: July 6th, 2005, 06:47 PM
By Kip in forum Midnight Cafe'Replies: 3Last Post: October 7th, 2004, 06:31 PM