Can't find site using key words
    Hey guys:

Anyone out there looking to make a few extra bucks? I have A Website that's been making me some money. However, My PPC campains have been eating away my ROI. My Homepage had a re-direct (got rid of that) got my Google Pagerank score from 0/10 to 3/10. Added a Robots.txt page and a sitemap.xml and still can't find my site in any organic search. I have very few back links.. need someone who does affiliate marketing themselves, someone who is succesful not a scammer.

Thanks
    Kevin

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    web syndication
    Kevin, This thread might help you out..

Press Releases and Your Site
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=77429

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KODea
    I have very few back links.
    Bingo, this is the problem. Inbound Links (IBLs) are the number one seo task that you (and everyone else) needs to work on.

The work is drudgery, but still focus building your skills here, the payoff is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    Bingo, this is the problem. Inbound Links (IBLs) are the number one seo task that you (and everyone else) needs to work on.

The work is drudgery, but still focus building your skills here, the payoff is worth it.
    Donuts, do you mean inbound links that the webmaster creates and points to his/her own site(s)?

-or-

Do you mean inbound links from the sites of other/external webmasters?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Is a press release the best and most cost effective way to get inbound link's?
    I registered at PRweb. However, I'm not sure what to do? Any affiliate use them.
    Is this the way to go? Don't know how or what to buy to get me alot IBL's quick?
    Any help would be great.

Thanks
    Kevin

ABW Ambassador
    Some good threads in this forum, one stickied:
    http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150

Quote Originally Posted by Rhia7
    Do you mean inbound links from the sites of other/external webmasters?
    This one. Get them from relevant sites that have pank rank and healthy IBLs themselves.

Nothing else in seo is nearly as important as this one thing. There are other show stoppers, like technology that prevents a proper crawl, but assuming you've mastered the basic webmaster site building skills, IBLs are what you need to focus on.

Quote Originally Posted by KODea
    Is a press release the best and most cost effective way to get inbound link's?
    Oops, TrustNo1 already answered this. Read what he has linked to. Yes, PRs can be one good way to get IBLs.

But nothing beats an IBL from a relevant, high PR site.

Thanks you everyone I'm looking hard into the press release and signed up for the (New User Orientation). Still looking into IBL idea's came across this: (Blogs)
    anybody try something like this: http://www.youronlineclassifieds.com...FROdGgod-TsUmg

Also looked into thse guys
    http://www.textlinkbrokers.com/?gcli...FQWcHgodFwUf4w

anybody use these kinds of services?

I think the classifieds won't likely do much at all for you - the quality and relevance are nowhere near ideal.

I think TextLinkBrokers is a fine outfit, but it's pricey. They usually make an excellent part of a large seo effort on behalf of a large site that has deep advertising and promotion pockets. If you buy their services and backlinks in bulk, it can make a lot of sense. But for small and medium affiliates, I consider this method to be somewhat over-priced for what you get.

Your best bet is to dive in and hunt down some IBLs yourself. Determine your target keywords and find the sites that rank well there - seek out IBLs from those sites and the sites that link to them, screening all candidate sites for relevancy to your site's content, your target keyword and their quality/pagerank as well.

Press Releases are a good value as well - so make sure you read that recent post about it here at ABW.

Good luck.

Thanks Donuts:

Do you or anyone have an example of an e-mail letter that you send to these sites to get them to listen to your IBL request. Maybe just a generic e-mail without your info in the letter? any help would be great.

Thanks
    Kevin

There's no magic email. Write it yourself and avoid anything generic. Think hard about the way you feel, and how you react, when you receive a generic-like email.

Write the siteowner a person-to-person email that speaks to them.

Well I spent the $299 to get my site listed on the Yahoo Directory and I also spent $200 dollars on a press release. Both have already been published and when I search for my site URL with Google and Yahoo they show the IBL's in the organic search.

However, when I use my Google toolbar and click on the page rank and look for IBL's from those sites and the sites that link to me, (Backward Links) along with (Similar Pages) it shows nothing.. The cache snapshop of the page is Sept 10.. Will this take a few weeks?

It will take at least a few weeks. For low ranked sites, it can be longer. And don't think that a handful of IBLs is all you need, you need more. Always more. Work on ways to find them without costs (see my post above about writing to site owners).

Know that Google intentionally delays updates to published Page Rank data as well - some speculate that it can be delayed by 6 months, so take your time before drawing any conclusions.

Among the tools you're using for backlink research, add the Yahoo Site Explorer tool:
    http://siteexplorer.search.yahoo.com/
    It's an outstanding site and seo information tool.

While press releases are good and Yahoo Directory is good, the best IBLs are from relevant, high page rank sites - try to make it a new task for yourself to get them on an ongoing basis. At first, make it a goal to get 5 new IBLs each month. As you gain proficiency, raise your monthly goal. Don't go too nuts on the count, quality matters MUCH, MUCH, MUCH more than quantity.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread