Has anyone used Fastnext's windows hosting?
    I used another supplier's windows hosting, but it doesn't support PHP as they said before I did purchase. It's so upset I have to choose again and we couldn't know what's going on their server before using their service. So if anyone has used Fastnext's Windows hosting, please check these questions:

1. does it support PHP&Mysql?
    or if osCommerce as they provided can be installed and run under windows hosting? Bcz this program is based on PHP, even their support replied me it could be used under windows plan, but I need a real answer.

2. does FTP support FXP?
    This is just an option, I think no one will permit FXP

Or is there any other hosting provider could be recommended for both asp/php hosting. any answer would be appreciated.

haha, I found the answer on their website. So they do support ASP & PHP, and provide osCommerece as well. That will be a good choice.

Usually Windows servers use ASP as their scripting language, while Linux servers use PHP. Why would you want to run PHP scripts on a Windows server? It's like wanting to run Mac OSX on a pc, why not just buy a Mac? =)

Quote Originally Posted by wing2008
    haha, I found the answer on their website...
    There is a lot of information on the website, and there's also a toll free US/Canada tech. support phone number you can call for questions like these.

Glad you've found the info on the website. Look for the FastNext promo you've asked about coming in just a few minutes!

Geno

Quote Originally Posted by felit0
    Usually Windows servers use ASP as their scripting language, while Linux servers use PHP. Why would you want to run PHP scripts on a Windows server? It's like wanting to run Mac OSX on a pc, why not just buy a Mac? =)
    That's different but a little similar. Like I always use PC as in work and home, and sometime want to see what's Mac, so I will install a virtual Mac on PC, just for fun. For web, I m using ASP with access now, lazy to change, but sth. useful under PHP such as osCommerce/Blog. So that's the reason I want ASP based and PHP as well. Because there is no asp support under linux hosting.

If you like PHP tech like osCommerce, ZenCart, WordPress etc... make the full switch and code your entire site with PHP/MySQL. You will be happier in the end, I think most webmasters here would agree Linux open-source is where it's at

Yes, I think so. Linux is great. But I have another commerce program running under ASP used for years (not developped by me, I m just a user), couldn't give up immediately, need time to transfer...

Affiliate Manager
    Yes we support ASP and ASP 2.0.
    Also we support both php4 and php5 and MySQL and MSSQL 2005.

You can install osCommerce on our windows servers and we have many customers that run it on windows servers.

We don't support FXP or plan to support it because windows servers are often hacked via FTP and we even had to switch from MS FTP to GENE FTP in order to better secure our windows servers.

Linux boxes usually better perform with php/mysql, but in case you don't need to use php intensively on windows box and need ASP/ASP.NET functionality windows shared hosting is teh right choice.

THanks for your official reply. If I fill the FTP username/password of my current website when applying fastnext's plan, will you or your server transfer all data to new hosting space on your side? So I can save time to download and upload.

Affiliate Manager
    It works for linux plans because WHM/Cpanel supports automated transfer of the files from other hosts. There can be many compatibility issues with other platforms/control panel, that's why it is written in disclaimer at our site that we won't transfer data from other platforms/Control panel. However you can fill them and our support will try to tramsfer files from you windows box.

You'll have to create your mailboxes manually because they won't be transfered.

Thanks a lot.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread