Question How do you think of ShareASale's email support?
    After searching forums and hearing a lot of good things about ShareASale, I thought that ShareASale would be a perfect affiliate marketplace for our online store. I emailed ShareASale asking them some questions. Here is my experience with their customer support:

I asked them if I can join as an international merchant, and received a response in 3 hours. I was very happy about the prompt response.

PayPal and 2CheckOut are two payment options available on our online store. I was not sure if they work with ShareASale, so I emailed ShareASale again. It's been 4 days without any response, until I reminded them by sending another email. I was disappointed about the reply which has two sentences. The first sentence says 2CheckOut is okay, and the second says I need to do some programing with a link to PayPal's page. There was not a single polite word like "Dear", "Thank you" or "Sorry about the delay", or "if you have any further questions, please let us know", etc. And I was hoping they could instruct in greater detail instead of just direct me to a PayPal link which I already knew.

My third email asked if they have a control panel for merchants to send messages to customer support instead of using the only email address listed on ShareASale's website, the email was never answered. It's been a week!

I was not sure what would happen to the commissions if a sale was cancelled or partially refunded after the commission was credited to the affiliate. So I sent them the fourth email. It's been 33 hours. Again, no response.

Sorry about my lengthy post. I just wanted to show my experience with ShareASale's email support. I am not located in USA and English is not my native language, that's why I prefer contacting ShareASale via email instead of via phone. It seemed that ShareASale was the perfect choice for me, but now I have to reconsider.

Since this is one of the biggest affiliate forum, could someone here please share your experience with ShareASale customer support, expecially the email support? I really appreciate that. It will help me a lot in making the decision.

Hi,

I am American and speak English but I think you speak better English then me! Ha Ha
    Don't give up on SAS. If I make an excuse for them today it is because this is a holiday weekend. I cannot make an excuse for them not being more polite in an email especially if you are showing interest in their company.

Brian (the SAS founder) should be along shortly to answer any of your questions and help you. I know he will apologize for any delays are rudeness on the part of his staff.

Good Luck!

I think you need to write customer support at all of the other major networks and wait for a response time and compare. IMHO, 33 hours is nothing compared to the weeks that can pass with some networks, lol! I have had many very timely responses from them.

Compile a *complete* list of all of your questions, then call and ask them. Their number is right under the email link you clicked to email them.

it's been more than 4 days after I sent my last email, still no reply~~~don't know what's been wrong. I haven't contacted other affiliate networds yet, but most companies I have emailed, such as Google, Adbrite, PayPal, take care of questions in one business day...

Well, I think you guys are right. I will get a phone card and CALL them...then see what will happen...If the service is still like what I have experienced, maybe I will just give up. Just curious why they list an email address there but don't read and reply to enquires...

porkchop, thanks for the info that it's a holiday weekend...hmmm...maybe they will get back to work after the vacation, I hope!

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    tifire,

Let me know what your userID or username is, and i'll find your ticket/email.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Hi Brian, thanks for the follow up. A response from ShareASale came about half an hour ago. I haven't joined ShareASale yet, but the Ticket ID for my last email is APZ-820614.

Tifire,

If it helps to put it into perspective, it takes me over two weeks (over 350 hours) to hear back from Commission Junction on new support issues. Three days is not great in this "want it now" world we live in, but it is fairly normal for most networks I deal with, especially over a holiday. My experience as an affilaite with SAS has been excellent regarding support and I have no complaints there as they are quite quick in getting back to me.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread