Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Anyone else w/no sales?
    Hate to be an alarmist here, but I've had good traffic and great clicks today with no sales registered. Just want to make sure I'm just having extremely bad luck today.

Majority of my sales would have been through Zappos.

Thanks

Travis

Quote Originally Posted by tstaut
    Hate to be an alarmist here, but I've had good traffic and great clicks today with no sales registered. Just want to make sure I'm just having extremely bad luck today.

Thanks

Travis
    Try Halloween. I just made a 65 cents commission -- not much, but at least it's pointing to a direction
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

"Majority of my sales would have been through Zappos."

ahhhh, but today was shoes.com day; it rotates.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Zappos turned me down

I never make $ through Zappos
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

this week has been scary slow.

Affiliate Manager AffiliateBuddha's Avatar
    Zappos performed extraordinarily well on one of my accounts. on another account, however, sales were pathetically low (only 2 sales, average is 8-10 on that account - on the same clicks)

I sent them an email too, no reply yet, though.
    Gift Shopping Zone Affiliate Program on SAS - 10% per sale with unlimited cookie duration, over 10,000 products.

yeah today ultra low ... bad start for sept

Internet Cowboy
    Sorry, we're chugguing right along here.

Are your feeds updated? Are you still promoting summer at the cusp of Fall? This is somewhat of a sluggish time of year for shoes and apparel. All the Fall/Winter stuff is out there but it is still hot outside. All we need is some snow up north and things will pick up considerably.

Follow me:
    We want snow...We want snow...We want snow...We want snow...

OK well good to know I don't have to worry about tracking then. I'm definitely moving over to less "summery" stuff. Got 1 brand at #1 in MSN that's treating me very well with Zappos and Shoes.com both. But 45 clicks/no conversions yesterday when I typically pull a 7-10% CR on that site.

Oh well, here's to Saturday sucking less than Friday did.

ABW Ambassador
    With 45 clicks a day, it's normal to have some 0 sale days.

Quote Originally Posted by trev0006
    this week has been scary slow.
    Ditto.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    Hi UncleScooter. This is my 1st fall season as an active affiliate with CJ's links on my websites. I really didn't get started full-force until about May 2006. I'm not new to ecommerce though. I am a merchant but thought I'd venture into affiliate marketing to see that end of the spectrum and to supplement my income during slow times like the holiday season when most retail merchants are doing outrageously well and is the slowest time of year for me.

I had to laugh at your 'snow' remark. Since I'm not really involved with consumer retail goods per se, when the snow flies or the weather starts to turn a little cooler, what can I expect to see as an affiliate? Make my day, will ya.

ABW Ambassador
    Scooter will answer I'm sure but like someone said boots cost more than flip flops, sweaters cost more than t-shirts. Snow = Winter = Christmas = $$$$$ That kind of thing. Last quarter is always the best for sales. Generally speaking on general shopping

It's an outdoor holiday, folks
    Sales are low during Labor Day Weekend because it's one of those three-day holidays that more people spend outdoors (even if only on the porch with a barbecue grill), not on the computer.

It's a beautiful day here in Hayward, California, though I spent half the day our new Ikea TV stand and re-wiring our electronics gear, and now here I am back at work, or at least pretending to work...

I do see some sales today through some programs.

My forecast: This will be a below-average Saturday (probably "far below average") for online sales; tomorrow will be a "far below average" Sunday; and Monday will be a "far below average Monday" but may perform better than a typical Sunday.

The exception, for me, is my web site featuring "lesson plan resources for teachers," which usually performs well on Labor Day because school has just started, and across the country there are thousands of teachers who were actually just hired last week (a few days before school started) and have to quickly plan their lessons for the next few weeks.

ABW Ambassador
    I have not seen any sale from Zappos today after several hundred clicks. This is not normal. I have sales from other shoes merchants. I average 1 per 40-50 clicks for Zappos.

Yeah I now have a sale today from Island Surf but still squat from Zappos.

Internet Cowboy
    NOT ONLY are the prices of apparel and footwear higher in Q4 (winter time), but the American consumer is programmed to buy in Q4. Commissions are larger, conversions (on my end at least) jump by 30-50%.
    What we have to do right now is watch the trends being set by the major retailers. Take a peek and see what Macy's et al are really hammering. Soon they will be out and the department store customer will turn to the web since she can't find an 8 1/2 Narrow in her favorite boots. Then it is our time to shine, but you have to know what is hot.
    Can you do a shotgun blast PPC campaign for shoes that might make you some money? Sure you can! But so can 50 other affiliates, then you are one in a sea of affiliates. Find out what is hot and push it heavily. Make sure your merchant/partners have inventory in the style(s) you are pushing and give it hell!
    Too many people run lazy PPC campaigns and wonder why their ROI sucks! You have to do your homework if you are to get an "A" in affiliate marketing!!!

I agree with Trust. 45 clicks per day is not a sample that will give you any real forecasts. You are liable to go several days without a sale at 45 clicks a day and that is perfectly normal. Keep sending them. Zappos is the leader in shoes and if you send them real shoe traffic it will convert!

Some good advice there Uncle Scooter, thank you!

As for the 45 clicks, I know that's not typically a good sample, and actually my clicks yesterday were closer to 200. Just 45 from the site that has been converting well for Zappos recently.

This Q4 will be my first in affiliate marketing, so I'm going at it with the attitude that I'll learn this year so i can earn next year.

T

No Zappos sales here either!!
    Yeah I now have a sale today from Island Surf but still squat from Zappos.
    482 clicks and NOTHING!! I must say, I too think something is wrong. I was trending 30-40% sales increases all year until July. Now I am projecting sales decreases over last year.. What the ....??
    Last edited by Airstrip; September 3rd, 2006 at 04:34 AM. Reason: spelling
    The best things in life are not things at all...

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Sounds like something is indeed wrong at ZappedToes.
    They usually don't screw their affiliates until Reversal Day...before that day, people are usually raving about how well they "convert" and forgetting that reversals should be deducted from the apparent conversion ratio.

Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    NO WE DON'T!

People can't plant bulbs into frozen ground!!!

We want a nice, long, fall planting season.
    THEN, after I've sold out of all my bulbs and can't get any more for the year, that frozen stuff can land and get the sales of the other stuff going.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Affiliate Manager AffiliateBuddha's Avatar
    Lmao
    Gift Shopping Zone Affiliate Program on SAS - 10% per sale with unlimited cookie duration, over 10,000 products.

587 clicks and no sales at all. It's yonks since I had no sales. Something must be amiss at Zappos.

Sales? what are those? Mine suddenly went flat over a year ago for no known reason and have never recovered. 95% of links are from CJ. I don't think that's the issue though. I spent money on Google's "pay-for-clicks" twice with not a single sale. My tires need new rubber from spinning the wheels.

We are heading into the absolute peak season for magazine sales. November and December sales for all titles can quadruple. If you are not positioned early you can miss out. You can add magazines to any site and make residual income from multiple streams from each single site.
    David Carter
    MagazinesQuick.com

Angry No sales?
    This may not be the case at all, but I posted recently on how when I click "update html" when getting a product link....I don't see my SID in the code.

However, when I loaded one of my merchants banners and clicked to "update html" after entering my SID....there it is in the code.

This is bothering me. Am I missing something? I can't get any answers. I contacted CJ and got the boilerplate msg that somebody would get back to me soon. Is this happening to anybody else? Will somebody please do a test to see if the same thing is happening to you?

I had wondered if when they did the link updates that we no longer have to have our SID's in the code to get credit....but then I experienced a downturn in sales which may just be end of summer blahs, but I'm beginning to get concerned.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast