Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I Need a Vacation...
    I must need a vacation. I find myself spending a lot of time gazing at my monitor and not accomplishing much of anything. I start a project...stop..start another project...stop.. and fail to finish anything. It's hard to take a vacation tho...when you know time is money. It's been years since I had a real vacation. I don't know if I would relax. Know what I mean?
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

If you feel you need to take a break, do it. Clear your mind and while having your vacation, just give a little thought how you want to complete what you have left off or start all over again.

I am like you, working hard but has yet to accomplish much. Usually I just stop for a day or two, not vacationing but tidy or rearrange my room, just to let go off steam. After that I feel much more relax and can think better.

Thanks

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by leeann
    I find myself spending a lot of time gazing at my monitor and not accomplishing much of anything.
    I'm in your situation 100%

When I worked for others, I longed for my vacation from the BS job and boss.

When you work for yourself, you still need a break from your (self) boss. (who can be VERY demanding)

Sounds like it's time for a vacation Leann. You're treading into burnout territory.

I work a full-time job, and then work all evening on my own stuff. I usually need at least 2 days where I take at least 2 hours off, and do no work whatsoever. The local Barnes & Noble usually does the trick!

"When you work for yourself, you still need a break from your (self) boss. (who can be VERY demanding".. so very true.

Ahh.. Barnes and Noble. Good idea... a little browsing... a little java... hmm. But I bet I end up in the computer section. I love reading computer books tho.. it can be relaxing even when i don't understand a word being written.lolol
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

SEO: A Specialty - Web Design: Slow or outsourced andbeyond's Avatar
    The Call is coming from Inside the House!
    When I use to do this fulltime I would force myself to take a lunch in a nice area. See the sunshine, window shop.... Then go back and hit it.

Also try a small vacation. Maybe a one night two day thing within driving distance. That takes almsot no time "off" if done right. Works for me but maybe you need two nights three days. Then plan a real vacation for a month or two from now. Weather is nice is many places at that time too.

GL

http and a telephoto
    leanne, get out and go for a drive, even for a few hours. Find someplace nearby (if you feel guilty about leaving for long) and just veg.

One of the great things about my new location is I can take a mini-vacation (even just a couple of hours) by just taking an hour or so drive. I can hang in the mountains, or near Lake Mead for an hour or so, then go back to work completely refreshed, and usually with a pile of new ideas. (I always take a notebook and camera on my mini-vacations ).
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

"Working Vacations" work for me. When on "vacation", I'll spend a few hours a day online, answering email, doing minimal updates, and checking ABW if I have time. Then I spend the rest of the day vacationing. We typically spend at least five or six weeks a year on "working vacations".
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Take a break in a hotel that is a decent drive away. Take a loooon leisurely bath, swim in the pool, visit a local restaurant and do alotof shopping/gazing. Even if you just people watch, which can be so much fun!

Force yourself to take that mini break. It's an investment you NEED to make.
    Danay @ LunaSolMedia.com
    Global Perfomance Marketing. Global Niche Markets = Opportunity!
    HispanicYa!|MallFreebies

I dwell in possibility. ~Emily Dickinson

All great suggestions. There is something about getting that taste of a new season that just gives you (me) the fever to escape, even for a day. I used to be on the road when I worked for other people - Leave on Monday / back on Friday. It got to where a hotel room felt like a prison. I bet that's changed...I bet a little room service and checking out a place I've never been would be a nice thing to do. Now I'm motivated! Thanks!!
    leeann

ABW Ambassador
    I need a vacation myself. Last time I went anywhere was Thanksgiving to Orlando, not really a vacation. This Xmas going to NC to visit the folks and other family. I think after that will take a little trip somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    I need a vacation myself. Last time I went anywhere was Thanksgiving to Orlando, not really a vacation. This Xmas going to NC to visit the folks and other family. I think after that will take a little trip somewhere.
    Ohhh...where in NC? I'll trade places with you.. Lived here for too long (think I'm going on 16 years).

ABW Ambassador
    Cary, NC. Brother/wife/nephews live there and my parents just moved there a couple of months ago from Orlando. So when I go up there this Christmas, the press will be on for me to move up there too

Oh man..that would be cool. Give you a change of scenery. Cary is a wonderful place. Plus you do get a white winter every once in a while.. I live about 1.5 hours from there, in Greenville (home of the ECU pirates).

Sister lives in that area, and my Dad works over there. Having family around does have some benefits (sometimes).

Internet Cowboy
    However it is that you unplug, do it. Unplug for at least a few days and enjoy things other than stats, ppc spends and whether or not tracking is affected.
    I used to think that I could not go three days without checking stats. I can! And when I do, I LOVE IT!!!!!

Yeah my sister lives in cary. Very nice Laidback Place

I love NC... spent part of every summer on the beaches there when I was growing up. My sister has a home in Morehead so I still get to there sometimes. Both my parents are buried there... in Greenville, actually. (Man...I'd love some NC barbecue!)
    Last edited by leeann; September 3rd, 2006 at 03:35 AM.
    leeann

Come on by! I'll hook you up with some of the best carolina bbq around!

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    It's hard to take a vacation tho...when you know time is money. It's been years since I had a real vacation.
    ???!!?

WTHeck? This is affiliate marketing!! JUST GO!

Your links will still work whether you're there or not. The checks/deposits roll in whether you're there or not. That's one of the big beauties of the biz!

Unless you take, say, several *months* off, your earnings should be unaffected by vacations if you've set your sites up right.

Quote Originally Posted by leeann
    It's hard to take a vacation tho...when you know time is money.
    If you're wasting your time it isn't money. Just wasted time. Take a vacation!
    Affiliate Marketing - The hardest easy money I ever made.

leeann,

I hope you can have a wonderful vacation! I don't know how the camping is out there, but that's certainly a nice way to get away from technology. I plan to take my fiance out camping next week by a nice little stream and catch some fish to BBQ, can't wait!

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Go for it - you may come up with some good ideas while you're away, or come back to a nice surprise of increased earnings if you go away for a week or two!

Somewhere with nice, hot beaches.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    "Working Vacations" work for me. When on "vacation", I'll spend a few hours a day online, answering email, doing minimal updates, and checking ABW if I have time. Then I spend the rest of the day vacationing. We typically spend at least five or six weeks a year on "working vacations".

Michael do you earn your entire living from your one site, that bargain one?

Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    ???!!?

WTHeck? This is affiliate marketing!! JUST GO!

Your links will still work whether you're there or not. The checks/deposits roll in whether you're there or not. That's one of the big beauties of the biz!

Unless you take, say, several *months* off, your earnings should be unaffected by vacations if you've set your sites up right.

What do you class as a site that is setup right?

When it comes to what really makes people happy, money isn't very high on the list - but holidays (vacations) are.

Which week do you remember the most out of the last year or so? The one you were on vacation or one of the many when you did the same old stuff?

As for what I do when the computer screen is less than wonderful - I go and garden. Let mother nature set the agenda and the timings, she's demanding, but in a really benign and rewarding way. I got p**sed off at the 'puter this afternoon and was swinging back on my chair looking out at the garden when I saw the the sodding rabbits had been at the bark of a recently planted large Wisteria (not ringed it though fortunately) - so an immediate response was needed. I ended up planting the rest of the bulbs I bought and sorting out some containers. 2 hours later I was back at the screen far more relaxed and solved my problem fairly easily.

Don't work to burn-out, have something that helps you to never quite arrive there and then take a holiday anyway.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast