Question Do sales go down before the holiday?
    Or does it just depend on the industry you're selling in. I remember reading something about Ebay once that said the week or so before a holiday and two weeks after were not the best times for selling. Thanks. I only ask because I was doing great selling some shoes, then, all of a sudden, nothing, zero. The inventory is still good. My advertising is the same. Everything looks the same. Just nothing. Clicks, yes. Conversions, no. I know to be patient. I just have no experience and was curious.

Thank you for your valuable experience.

ABW Ambassador
    "I remember reading something about Ebay once that said the week or so before a holiday and two weeks after were not the best times for selling."

That's a very general statement and it might depend on the holiday.

But I'll make another general statement

First about shopping/sales during the month. Usually retailers offline and online get more sales towards the beginning than the end. I noticed this when I worked at a grocery store that the last week of the month was usually the lowest in terms of sales and the first week the best. And I think that would be the case with most retail so that would reflect on us too.

As far as Holidays right now we have Labor Day weekend. So I expect it to be a little slow for online sales. I'm not sure on the school schedules. Some might be squeaking any vacation time they have left, some might be out shopping for school supplies, getting their kids ready for school etc. The last 1/3 of the year is usually the best because of all the holidays especially Christmas. Plus kids are in school, weather gets a little cooler, many more reasons.

As far as Christmas and online sales I would say on a general shopping site it slows down drastically starting a week from Xmas. Mainly because of shipping concerns with shopping online. The weekend before Xmas is one of the biggest for offline sales. And afterwards little slow but then January has always been the second biggest month for me.

So that ebay statement has some truth to it. I think maybe more before a holiday but after a holiday sales are pretty good.

Our online experiences can vary with what type of sites we have and what we're pushing amont other things.

Talking
    Some reason sales will go down during August & September is - last vacations before school starts.

Having to buy back to school clothes - books - tuition - supplies and etc.

Also Labor day weekend a lot of people blow their money on gas - etc - to visit family out of town and are broke until they get paid again.

To cut to the chase - Everybody is broke.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Question
    Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy
    Some reason sales will go down during August & September is - last vacations before school starts.

Having to buy back to school clothes - books - tuition - supplies and etc.

Also Labor day weekend a lot of people blow their money on gas - etc - to visit family out of town and are broke until they get paid again.

To cut to the chase - Everybody is broke.
    Here's what I don't get, though, what are all the clicks for? Just window shoppers that might normally buy? I've turned off my adwords until two weeks after Labor Day.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Depending on your product..

If you are selling items like presents or something that you can give to another person, then yes. If not, it's down hill for you.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread