Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Linkshare vs CJ vs Performics vs Shareasale
    We all have promoted from each of these

But which 1 provides you 90% of your income?

The one that I have the most links up to, generates the most income for me
    Heidi
    "Happy are those who dream dreams and are willing to pay the price to make them come true"

ABW Ambassador
    It fluctuates. There are good merchants in all those networks.

Quote Originally Posted by Morethanable
    But which 1 provides you 90% of your income?
    None of them provide 90%, but CJ provides the most from those.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Used to be CJ bfore I switched as many merchants to SAS as I could. Now it's about even between CJ & SAS.

Performics income is kinda like a bonus for me as most merchants I promote there don't convert worth and LS - no matter how good a merchant might seem, has never been a converting network for me overall so any LS income is also like a bonus.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi
    The one that I have the most links up to, generates the most income for me
    Heidi has a good point there -- once you know your market, zero in on that and then branch out a little
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

http and a telephoto
    I promote merchants, not networks. The networks happen to be where the merchants are. Personally I make the most affiliate income from independent programs. However I haven't "worked" my affiliate sites in almost a year.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Action Jackson - King of the World
    Linkshare for me far outdoes all the other ones.

There's no way to really say which one is the best because it all depends on the type of traffic you have and the merchants they offer. Generally I see a fairly even spread among them all, but usually Linkshare does the best for me. For me it's about who's got the biggest brand names and who's known by most shoppers online. I tend to stray from little known merchants.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

SAS has the best tools/feeds, so I promote them more. As result, I get more income from SAS.

No single network accounts for more than 30% for me. I'm mostly BeFree, LinkShare, CJ, and indies. SAS and Performics are rapidly growing for me, though.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    No single network accounts for more than 30% for me. I'm mostly BeFree, LinkShare, CJ, and indies. SAS and Performics are rapidly growing for me, though.
    Michael, I may be wrong but I thought that BeFree was "folding" when it was acquired by CJ?

I haven't looked at the merchants under BeFree (and I currently have so many merchants elsewhere that I can't think of a reason that would justify searching under BeFree for more [for me])

Do you think I should look through BeFree or should I just concentrate on the merchants I have (there is a backlog)?

Thanks
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

No, I wouldn't recommend looking at BeFree merchants. BeFree is in the slow shutdown mode.

BeFree was my first network, was my favorite network (thanks to a combination of a fantastic account rep, Offer Management, and Scott Jangro) for several years, and was my highest earning network for quite a while. My numbers there are dwindling now, as merchants switch to other networks.

I would recommend focusing almost anywhere else rather than BeFree.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    There are still some large merchants at BeFree who've not communicated anything to their affiliates about moving. Travel is the largest sector of ecommerce. Expedia, a BeFree merchant, is the largest online travel agency. There are a few others as well.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    There are still some large merchants at BeFree who've not communicated anything to their affiliates about moving. Travel is the largest sector of ecommerce. Expedia, a BeFree merchant, is the largest online travel agency. There are a few others as well.
    I'm watching this as well. Some of the travel merchants are going to be a bugger to transfer to another network.

To answer the original question, it all depends. I don't have any one network that I do 90% with.

As an Affiliate Manager, would you prefer an affiliate program to be with a network? Do you shy away from in house programs tracked by a 3rd party? I'd love your thoughts. I've been debating this issue for a while. Thanks for any input.

Kerri

ABW Ambassador
    "Do you shy away from in house programs tracked by a 3rd party?"

If it's Direct Track. I try to stay away from those.

Affiliate Manager
    What loxy said is the key, I think. - to work with merchants, not networks. All of the mentioned networks have some really good ones, the idea is to experiment and find out which ones suit your websites and style of marketing the most.
    Join The [B][URL=http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=10705]Giftshoppingzone.com[/URL] [/B] Affiliate Program on SAS - [B]10% on sales , Unlimited cookie, over 15,000 products in datafeed![/B]
    [URL=http://gift-ideas.giftshoppingzone.com/]Gift Ideas[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Snib
    There's no way to really say which one is the best because it all depends on the type of traffic you have and the merchants they offer. Generally I see a fairly even spread among them all, but usually Linkshare does the best for me. For me it's about who's got the biggest brand names and who's known by most shoppers online. I tend to stray from little known merchants.

- Scott

Scott you think that is key to go only with KNOWN merchants, brand names?

is their a case where people do buy from other companies or would you say most stick with brand name companies

Quote Originally Posted by Choicemgr
    As an Affiliate Manager, would you prefer an affiliate program to be with a network? Do you shy away from in house programs tracked by a 3rd party? I'd love your thoughts. I've been debating this issue for a while. Thanks for any input.

Kerri

Well kerri it depends I have had great experience with a FEW in house.. but lets face the fact.. and inhouse can very easily.. say you only go 2 sales when really you got 8

where as if they go through cj or linkshare.. cj and linkshare monitor and will boot them out if they start being jerks

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    "Do you shy away from in house programs tracked by a 3rd party?"

If it's Direct Track. I try to stay away from those.

why trust? did you have a bad experience with them

ABW Ambassador
    none of the above, there is a real good network that I make about 10 times more than all the others put together. i dont even think i have ever seen it even mentioned on the forums, no one hardly knows about it. you can find it .. my tip is look for keyword "africa"....
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

ABW Ambassador

Kerri
    As an affiliate, it's hard (or impossible) to predict how a program will work, so I tend to stay with networks because while a merchant may be a steady source of some sales, they may not be too big or too many, and with a network with consolidated payments you see your commission in short order without having to wait to meet an individual merchant's payment threshhold.

As far as networks go, they all have ups and downs, I can't deal with PFX linking system, or Befree's, with CJ it's very hard to get product links and I will NOT pay them for feeds; but they do have some good merchants. I don't particularly like CJ's attitude, either.

What I've found is that if I can find a good merchant at Shareasale, then I've got something really good going. My two favorites are there, and there are a couple at LS who also rate high with doing well for me. But I try to concentrate on SAS as much as I can.

why dont you just mention it so we all can look at the network..

what is it with everyone keeping everything a mystery.. just spit it out

Quote Originally Posted by glinted
    none of the above, there is a real good network that I make about 10 times more than all the others put together. i dont even think i have ever seen it even mentioned on the forums, no one hardly knows about it. you can find it .. my tip is look for keyword "africa"....
    look where on this forum on google ???? come on man

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast