A question for the pros.
    I have come to the conclusion that it is virtually impossible to be all things as an affiliate, a programmer, a designer, a marketing expert, and maybe launch a sattelite into orbit as well.

My question is, do you generally have an area of expertise you focus on,and try to outsource the stuff you aren't exceptionally well at to others?

I have figured out that just pouring over data sets from adwords and eventually overture will take up much of my day, especially with dozens of campaigns going at once, so I'm left to designate the coding, and other tasks to those who are better suited to them.

yes things like design, programming get someone else to do that

focus just on marketing

Thanks Morethanable, do you have ICQ or AIM? and maybe want to chat?

I guess on this forum I'm considered a spammer until proven otherwise so I can't PM.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by karomesis
    I guess on this forum I'm considered a spammer until proven otherwise so I can't PM.
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=55801

http and a telephoto
    Don't feel singled out, everyone comes in under the same no pm, no sig rules until they prove otherwise.

Welcome to ABW and feel free to ask specific questions, someone may have the answers you need. There are also many people here with diverse talents that you may be able to contract with to get the services you need. It is great to work with people that already are familiar with affiliate marketing
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    Do the things that you love first and outsource the rest, within reason. You cannot keep all the things you like nor get rid of all the things you don't.

But, if you are doing this full time, definitely outsource the real complicated things such as coding. And fine a good CPA. Should cost you less than $600 a year and they can save you a lot of time and show you things that will really help you spend your marketing dollars more wisely.

Also, you may consider hiring a data-type person to do your ROI reports. Of course, this assumes you don't like doing those things
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

Simple. Do the best you can with what you know. If that is not good enough then seek help, but dont get lost in the details. In any case if something is such a barrier as to it slowing you down, then you likely should try and go around the issue if possible.

Thanks for he advice guys

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone here and can already tell this isa top notch forum by the few responses I've gotten so far.

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    You're Welcome! We would love to hear how things go...what you outsource, the results of that, etc.
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

I have come to the conclusion that it is virtually impossible to be all things as an affiliate, a programmer, a designer, a marketing expert, and maybe launch a sattelite into orbit as well. .

Nothing is Impossible!

I'm an affiliate , I program my own websites , and a few other people websites, I design my own sites , I am a marketing observer , and I also had lunch on my roof one day, while watching Nasa launch a sattelite into orbit as well , so as you can see "Nothing is Impossible"

My question is, do you generally have an area of expertise you focus on,and try to outsource the stuff you aren't exceptionally well at to others?
    Yes, but no, when you want something done your way, sometimes you must do it yourself.

Sal.

Agreed with Sal!

I enjoy trying my hand at everything. Though admitting you are in over your head is a skill that is worth mastering too...

Yes, Nothing is Impossible !!! Hard work and catching the new trends are keys

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sal

Nothing is Impossible!

I'm an affiliate , I program my own websites , and a few other people websites, I design my own sites , I am a marketing observer , and I also had lunch on my roof one day, while watching Nasa launch a sattelite into orbit as well , so as you can see "Nothing is Impossible"

Yes, but no, when you want something done your way, sometimes you must do it yourself.

Sal.

Just after listeing to the latest podcast from internetbusinessmastery.com which discusses this topic.

Well worth listening to.

Adrian

thanks Adrian

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread