Rebate/Coupon Sites
    It seems when I read on the forum and in magazines like revenue the guys and gals making the oney seem to be the ones with coupon / rebate sites

thing is though there are hundreds out there so how in the heck are they managing to get their share of it.? Seems like an uphill climb

ABW Ambassador
    Those type of sites usually convert great because people like coupons and rebates. So then it's a matter of getting traffic. So if you can do that, you can make money. Nowadays there is a lot more competition so it just gets harder and harder to get free traffic from the search engines. Still doable tho. But it helps if you have some money to spend on advertising.

Action Jackson - King of the World
    Even better is to have coupons and products to sell. Definitely doable as long as you keep up on it.

Quote Originally Posted by jackson992
    Even better is to have coupons and products to sell. Definitely doable as long as you keep up on it.

Great stuff guys.. when you say coupons and products... isnt your site though made up of just links and pictures of products.. is that what your referring too or are you meaning intergrating dropship options for people?

Action Jackson - King of the World
    I mean both product links and coupon links

Yesterday I was looking for popular keywords and keyphrases containing the particular words in them. I was using the "Overture Search Term Suggestion Tool"... And once again realized that those coupon sites that are optimized right must be making a good living off that neverending human quest for cheap stuff. Keyphrases following patterns like "discount [product]", "[merchant] coupon", "cheap [product]", "[merchant] rebate", "[product] rebate" and "free [product]" are used by several thousands of people monthly... There will always be a place for a well optimized coupon/rebate site.

Geno

Other than good ol flamingos coupon site which is infamous what are some of the other good coupon sites which are good examples of good coupon sites?

Quick note Morethanable, it's considered rude to ask for affiliate sites. It's also against the rules to reveal them here.
    Just so you know for future reference
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by popdawg
    Quick note Morethanable, it's considered rude to ask for affiliate sites. It's also against the rules to reveal them here...
    It is also way too easy to pull 'em up via any search engine...

G.

True
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

"Cheap" and "discount" as negative keywords
    Quote Originally Posted by Geno Prussakov
    . . . Keyphrases following patterns like "discount [product]", "[merchant] coupon", "cheap [product]", "[merchant] rebate", "[product] rebate" and "free [product]" are used by several thousands of people monthly...
    FYI, keywords like "cheap," "cheaper," "discount," and "lowest price" are excellent negative keywords for merchants who emphasize product quality or service over "best price." Consumers who focus only on price will not become customers, so you don't want to bid on their searches -- unless you have a strategy for converting them.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Good point Mark, I see this overlooked all of the time! Merchants also let their ppc ads show for [merchant] coupon and [merchant] coupons - this dilutes their CTR and lowers their return on their overall efforts. I have over 800 negative keywords for some of the ppc clients that I manage - drives CTR up, which drives cost per click down and improves the earned position for a given bid. Yum.

Interesting & excellent points, Mark and Donuts. Thank you for plugging into the discussion!

Geno

You can also try (edited out crappy coupon site spam) having good coupons and deals.........!!
    Last edited by Trust; October 10th, 2006 at 05:28 AM.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread