Many months ago, I applied to a merchant, only to be rejected (about 6 weeks later).

Very disappointing as I felt our sites were a good match. And of course I had no clue as to why they rejected me.

I have recently established a new site, that also is a good match with this same merchant. I ahve sent them a CJ email asking to review and if I can re-apply.

Is there a better way to go about this? Do the merchants even read their CJ mails? Has anybody been able to get a reason as to why they were rejected?

Regards,

Jim

Commission Junction has a racist function that allows merchants to auto-reject non-us residents that apply to their program, sometimes all that is needed is to give them reassurance that you will be sending them qualified traffic (US traffic)

The only other merchants that have rejected me without giving a reason have ended up on the deactivated list shortly after so I guess they had cashflow problems.

The geek shall inherit the earth

Of course! Now why didn't I think of that. Its because my address is down-under... the fact that my sites are all .com's with a mostly US user-base doesn't seem to matter.

Funny, I thought thats what the 'w' is in 'www'....

WORLD WIDE web........

I get rejected from a lot of merchants first time up based on location as well - especially the new merchants who haven't discovered that there is more to a web site list than just the first site.

I always reapply if I feel that they would work well on my sites. Essentially I try and remove all reasons that they would reject me.. eg. point out that a) your sites target US consumers only, and b) your sites are highly targeted at the merchants market. If you also have a high epc, or produce many sales/leads for competing merchants, throw that in as well. This has worked for me in nearly all cases.

If they don't let you in then don't be overly concerned about it. A merchant who is not interested in making more money, with your help, doesn't know how to make the most of an affiliate program. The ones that do will always make you more money, so they're the ones you want to be applying to.

What TK said.

Any sensible merchant will reconsider if you tell them how you can be a good match.

If not, they shouldn't be in this business.

Ah Grasshopper,

Ancient proverb say, "web is only as big as the contries the merchant ship to", ssscchhhwwiinngg.

And dont forget, some merchants are hopeless ****s. etc, etc and of course, etc.

----------------------
    Austin "Been watching jet li" Powers

The geek shall inherit the earth

Rejection is really tough to take...I used to take it personally when I first started lol!

Just email them and explain the situation, actually you should write a nice cut and paste letter to use because you'll come across this problem quite often.

"I haven't failed, I've just found 10,000 reasons why it doesn't work"
    Thomas Edison

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    quote:
    Just email them and explain the situation, actually you should write a nice cut and paste letter to use because you'll come across this problem quite often.

So sad, so true. Some just don't have a clue.
    I have one of these nice little letters.

WW

It was so cold last winter that I saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets.

Thanks for all the help.

To be honest if a merchant takes a look at affiliate EPC etc, they can see whether you know what you're doing - I shouldn't need to prove it to them.

Their loss just as much as it is mine...

Just what metrics/stats can a merchant see anyway?

J.

quote:
    Is there a better way to go about this?

Yes! I don't know if it is better, but gripe about it on ABW!

I got rejected by a perfect match. Funny thing is that I did not re-apply. But, I did gripe about it here. Suddenly, I got an acceptance in the e-mail.

Merchants are definitely reading these forums.

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread