Bonzi Buddy in Dell TV Commercial ?!?!?
    Now I must rant. Feel free to join in or just leave me alone in my sad insanity.

I keep seeing a Dell TV commercial where a fluffy headed young man goes to Dell's Wonka-esque factory and picks out all of the things that he wants in his PC. The various software that he picks out is represented by people and different animated characters. For example he picks a very smart looking professor who is writing equations on a blackboard, a woman listening to MP3's, etc.

Here's my rant.
    One of the items that he picks for his computer is that stupid purple ape Bonzi Buddy which you can read all about over at scumware.com. I wonder how much Dell gets for each PC that goes out with the purple ape on it?

Also, the purple ape is given more air time in the commercial than anyone but the main character. Most neophytes purchasing a Dell will be like, "Yeah, and I want the purple monkey too." With absolutely no clue as to what the purple monkey is.

AAAAAARGH!

₪₪₪₪₪_-=[ SkidMarks ]=-

Exclamation
    they are also known for promising useful software but letting it time out in a couple of months. (there goes your firewall!)

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Dell was caught with their pants down installing bogus Anti-Spyware/Adware detect removal programs. Cost the victims 49.95 in support fees to remove the factory installed free Adware choking their systems... ps; All those Dell infomercials have a cookie washing landing page in the published promo landing page.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    Dell was caught with their pants down installing bogus Anti-Spyware/Adware detect removal programs. Cost the victims 49.95 in support fees to remove the factory installed free Adware choking their systems... ps; All those Dell infomercials have a cookie washing landing page in the published promo landing page.
    I notice that a lot of people that I know with Dells have MSN set as their homepage. Makes me wonder how many of my Adcentre clicks are destroyed by cookie replacers and other scumware.

Also, Herb makes a great point of how they put trial software for critical things like firewall and virus protection. I can't tell you how many Dell owners I have told to get AVG for free when their PC starts asking for money for virus updates

This rant is making me feel worse, not better

₪₪₪₪₪_-=[ SkidMarks ]=-

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread