OOOPS just realized was an old POST, LOL GethsemeneRose's Avatar
    Unhappy Rough day need good thoughts
    And Prayers for those of you who are so inclined. A dear friend of mine Died Sunday after fighting leukemia for 10 years he was only 17 years old. I have known his family over 9 years and watched thier struggle. They recently moved to New Mexico but they are coming back for a funeral here this weekend. I had linked to his "hospital" site from my webpage and now today I am so depressed. Then to top things off as I look at my statcounter I see that I have been getting hits from people in New Mexico Googling his name obviously trying to find more information about the funeral and arrangements. This just really made things worse for me. To think that MY LITTLE link on a tiny site that gets about 100 hits on a good day is all that Google has about this couragous young man. Anyway I am sad today.
    :gnome: [URL]www.gethsemenerose.com[/URL] :gnome: As for me and my SITE we shall serve the LORD!

Really very sorry GethsemeneRose It's always very sad to have a loss of a family or friend but somehow seems a bit tougher when they're so young. Definitely sending you positive thoughts. I realize it's not any consolation at a time like this, but he's suffered a very long time and will no longer be doing so. He will be at peace and not be in anymore pain.

Doesn't matter what Google or anybody else thinks or doesn't think. I'm sure he knew how loved he was and that you all thought of him as a very couragous young man. I'm sure that's all the people that mattered to him. My sincere condolences to you and his family

I'll keep you, your departed friend, and his family in my prayers.
    A death at any age (but especially at 17) is sad.
    May your friend live in your memory and in the memory of those who knew him.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

It is especially difficult when a young person has to go through so much. When I was witness to a similar situation years ago the thing that did really help me was to know this young person wasn't in pain anymore (she also battled illness for almost half of her 13 years).

Condolences to you and the family.
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

http and a telephoto
    {{{hugs}}}
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    My antidote to feeling miserable is to do something (usually anonymously) nice for someone else. It doesn't have to be a big thing or a memorable thing...it just has to be done without expectation of either thanks or repayment.

I hope you feel better, GR.

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    Sending you all the best, and knowing that even 100 little clicks is a big difference...

Very sorry for your loss. My prayers are with all.

I'm very sorry for your loss, and I hope you and the family can look to te future as a source of hope and joy.

are you familiar with khalil gibran? he wrote IMHO one of the finest books I've ever had the joy of reading, it was called the prophet, in it one of the stories is about joy and sorrow, here is my favorite part

"your joy is your sorrow unmasked; and the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears"

I hope you can reconcile this with your loss and find the potential for joy through the sadness.

OOOPS just realized was an old POST, LOL GethsemeneRose's Avatar
    Thanks for all the kind words. The Funeral was Saturday. Seeing Ed (the boys father) again was good he is still so sure of our God and the works he will do. We are going to continue to remember Cam and I am going to make sure the page that was being searched for becomes something that will benefit future Leukemia patients. (I just have to work out how.)
    :gnome: [URL]www.gethsemenerose.com[/URL] :gnome: As for me and my SITE we shall serve the LORD!

Positive energy sent.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread