Question How to promote datafeed site
    Hi,all

I want to build a site about Skin care.The site based on a datafeed.

My question is how to effectively promote such site?
    Because it's not content site,SE doesn't care about it,right?

Could you share some expirence with me?

Thanks.

Well, I built a skin care site with a dynamite name, tried content, tried datafeeds, tried datafeeds with content, tried various merchants, and still it has been one of my worst performers.

Just my experience. Perhaps others have had more cheerful experiences they would like to share.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

thanks,7-days

So how about your other datafeed site?

ABW Ambassador
    First how is your datafeed site different from the rest out there?

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    SEs won't necessarily like a content site, either. In my experience, my content sites don't rank any better than my feed sites.

The answer to traffic woes is PPC, unless you can actually get A LOT OF people to talk about your site and link to it.

But I wouldn't spend any PPC money on a skin care site. My mother tried promoting that and had the same results as 7-Days. I haven't promoted it myself--I smelled a dud category and stayed away. All I could visualize was my aunt (who uses a lot of that kind of stuff)...no way I'd be able to talk her into buying some unknown skin-care product off a web page.

But you may have better luck.

ABW Ambassador
    That just goes to show that with just about anything, people will have different results. Skin care/beauty product type stuff has actually been one of my better performing categories. There is so much out there with new stuff being released everyday and usually has a nice commission rate and conversion rate, for me at least.

You have a better chance of the SE's liking an original content/sales type site than a datafeed site. I guess you can try to make the datafeed site "original" and different from the rest. I just haven't seen many actually do it.

Advertise.

Go around to local hair salons and offer free business cards to the hairdressers. Most of them are independent operators who rent chairs in the salons for a weekly fee. The catch will be that you will put your ad on the other side of the cards. Most of the cards would be personally handed to their customers or prospective customers, who just happen to be the demographic you want to reach. You can get two-sided cards for less than $40 per thousand, and get them distributed to good prospects at no extra charge. A lot cheaper than PPC, and a better hit on the attention span; the customer has your ad in their purse for weeks or months instead of on a computer screen for 20 seconds buried in a pile of competing offers.

Bolster the site with jewelry and other fashion-related items. And Adsense. The Adsense clicks for this stuff pay pretty solid.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    You have a better chance of the SE's liking an original content/sales type site than a datafeed site. I guess you can try to make the datafeed site "original" and different from the rest. I just haven't seen many actually do it.
    Hi,TrustNo1

Thanks for your information.

I get datafeed from merchant's site.It's standard datafeed I think.

Normally,how can I make the datafeed "original" or different from others?Add reviews?I now just can find this point,and are there any others?

ABW Ambassador
    I don't do feeds so I'm not sure. Some who do have said adding reviews, add their own wording, adding some other type of sales spin etc.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread