Outsourced Program Manager salvo's Avatar
    MyAP or AvantLink
    I have been researching some alternatives to the Big 4 aff networks for a merchant and it has been narrowed down to MyAP and AvantLink. Does anyone have any insight into which may be the better way to go?

ABW Ambassador
    Hi,

I don't have any experience with MyAP, but Avantlink is great. Very affiliate friendly - and is run by Gary who is awesome (former AM of the backcountry program). I think networks like Gary's have a bright future - consistent standards, reasonable fees for merchants, no parasites, lots of options (such as free and customizable datafeeds), and the list goes on.

Jim

Now, this isn't a very hard one to answer at all. Don't really know who all's involved with MyAP,(so I'm not saying anything negative about them) but I know Gary's involved with AvantLink and he's got a great reputation in the affiliate world. You can find his posts everywhere here and he's got his own thread for AvantLink here, too. I had him as an affiliate manager before this venture and he was always available to his affiliates and very helpful to them. I'm sure he treats his merchants with the same respect, too. He's probably just too bashful to be in here talk'n bout himself. lol

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I am biased as Gary worked for me and is a friend. We (AffiliateCrew) are launching an AvantLink program next week and have been impressed are their responsiveness. We manage several MyAp programs on an older version. It is good software but basic and does not have the affiliate tools that an AvantLink has. I have not ventured into the connections with the Kolimbo network so can not answer to that.

Internet Cowboy
    Shareasale offers lots of tools for affiliates and merchants and so much more. At least consider them. They are responsive to the needs of affiliates. That is huge! Affiliates love Shareasale and that trend is getting larger and larger and larger.
    No disrespect to either one you mentioned intended. I just can't imagine that a merchant could go wrong with SAS.

My Affiliate Program will help you increase your backlinks as well as managing your affiliates, so to me the answer is clear. MYAP

Avantlink or MyAP? SAS?
    I'm not sure how your "short list" got to the point where it includes MyAP and AvantLink -- these are two solutions with vastly different cost levels. When I last checked, MyAP was astronomically expensive, and when I inquired again last month, the company never even returned my phone call. (As an affiliate, I happily work with several great merchants who use MyAP; indeed, my largest merchant using MyAP paid me more money during 2005 than all other affiliate programs combined, and I won't be surprised if that happens again this year.)

As a consultant (currently acting as an "interim affiliate manager"), I just launched a new affiliate program for a client, and I quickly narrowed my list down to just AvantLink or ShareASale.com. Ultimately, I chose SaS because of its stellar reputation and wide adoption by affiliates and merchants. (The cost was nominally lower for SaS, but the pricing is close enough that this wasn't really a factor for me.)

When I added everything up, I simply did not get very much positive feedback from "real affiliates" about AvantLink, while I have heard continuous, strong endorsements for SaS. (I heard NO negative feedback from affiliates about either firm.)

We will certainly re-consider using AvantLink when we choose "additional affiliate solutions" next spring (we will definitely add a "direct" program, and possibly one or more other options, in addition to continuing with ShareASale.com).

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    Thanks for the support everyone..

salvo, I wasn't planning to pop in this thread b/c I assumed you were looking for objective opinions.. so rather than say 'me me' i'll just encourage you to give me a call next week and we'll talk it over.

As far as Affiliate feedback.. Mark, you were just asking the wrong 'real Affiliates' . We're working hard to win over as many quality Affiliates as we can but we understand it takes time. I am glad you considered us since we're such a new company BTW. And I wish you the best of luck. I'm sure you'll have great success with SAS!

Have a good weekend everyone. I'm hangin' it up until Monday real soon.

Gary M

I've never worked with MyAp before so I can't give any feedback about them, but I think you'll be very happy with avantlink. I've been really impressed with them as an affiliate. They offer the best tools of any of the networks that I work with. I've always received payments in a timely fashion, and I appreciate their stand against parasites and other scum.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Have to agree with unclescooter.
    Have to consider SaS. One of my other sister companies are looking at aff marketing, and I suggested SAS to them

Outsourced Program Manager salvo's Avatar
    Thanks for the response
    I appreciate everyone's responses. It looks like Avantlink has a great deal of support.

It is funny Mark, that it was narrowed down to those two solutions, but I had been talking with the people at MyAP for a while before the client himself began to ask about Avantlink.

I have been impressed with Kowabunga in the past from meeting their people at the conferences and MyAp looked to be another great piece of technology. However, my research into Avantlink and the response on this board definitely grabbed my attention.

In the end a certain, very large affiliate network has pulled out the contract and tied us in for another year. Nothing I could do. One positive out of the situation, though, was learning about what else is out there.

Gary, I will be sure to keep you in mind in the future.

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    Sounds good Salvo, I look forward to talking to you in the future.. Gary M

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread