CJ Broken - Whodunnit?
    Can't get any page past cj.com
    anyone else?
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

ABW Ambassador
    I can get in fine, hung for just a little bit tho.

15 years and counting
    I don't know if everything is really working.
    I've new sales showing up with more than 12 hours delay. No batch.
    CJ Account Managerô Fully Functional: NO WAY.

CJ seems to be very unstable right now. Site is up for a few minutes then goes back down again. All affiliate links time out too while this is happening.

I agree!!
    I agree.. CJ is very unstable period!! I just had 300 clicks show up all at once. Of course NO SALES!!

Excuse me.. I am going to . I am truly starting to stress way too much over this crap. This was suppose to be a hobby. But even hobbyists DO NOT LIKE getting screwed, or jacked around. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!
    The best things in life are not things at all...

ABW Ambassador
    I've been wondering about this, too. Sales are delayed and don't look right since the work they did on Tuesday.

ebay cookie at cj site?
    Strange - every time I load the CJ home page, I get a cookie attempt from "ebay.com" -- yet I don't see any ebay ads or logo on the page.

Arrow
    Quote Originally Posted by markwelch
    Strange - every time I load the CJ home page, I get a cookie attempt from "ebay.com" -- yet I don't see any ebay ads or logo on the page.
    I just tested it and got the same thing but it's not the same kind of cookie that we give out (no sid number etc). I think they are tracking our visits to CJ not trying to steal commissions

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    I get past the login page and can maneuver within the site just fine - my sales are only showing the typical 2 hour delay, too.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

why the heck would an eBay cookie load...that makes no sense

sure enough...there is is...why the hell does eBay need to know that I've LOGGED IN to cj? it makes no sense what so ever

chalk one up for the brain trust..do they have a brain...why not just give them the server logs?

Exceptionally slow load times....

Affiliate Manager Heidi Sturrock's Avatar
    Hmmm.. Seems to be back up and running this afternoon (for me, anyway.)

Something is up with CJ. I've been getting steady sales everyday for the last couple of months...but now...I'm getting gaps of up to 3 to 4 days. Sometimes, things catch back up, I get a lot of sales in one day (more than the average - but still down overall).

Anyone else experiencing something similar?

15 years and counting
    MoneyBusiness - I've been getting steady sales everyday for the last couple of months...but now...I'm getting gaps of up to 3 to 4 days.
    As long as CJ don't update anything, their reporting works. Seems more like a search engine problem.
    Google is micromanaging some of my sites. Changing my ranking everyday and my traffic is changing, too. I'm lucky to see many of my keyworks going up but it seems the traffic don't follow.

I was at a friend's house a couple of hours ago and tried to get him to follow a cj product link on one of my pages. It gave an error page only. Now it's working.

I'm kinda happy to see this thread. I thought something happened to my account. Just typical CJ BS. I just had to change my password with LS, so I guess I won't be seeing any reporting with LS and CJ for a while.

Hi everyone, thanks for this great forum. I joined specifically to keep on top of CJ news, since nobody seems to really share their day-to-day issues with CJ.

I've been doing some limited affiliate marketing with individual merchants who run their own affiliate programs, and I have to say I've gotten spoiled. I mean, when I have a problem with a link or tracking or whatever, I actually can count on a response to my problems! Am I foolish to expect this? Sounds like I am!

Since CJ is so highly praised throughout the NET as THE place to work with if you want to expand your success as an affiliate marketer, I joined as I've been putting together some new sites and working to monetize them and hopefully integrate good content with related products.

I'm finding that NONE of Astrocenter's links work right now through CJ, which sucks, since one of my big areas is New Age/spirituality, and I have worked with this company and can vouch for them as being "good eggs." (I really don't like blindly promoting just any merchant, so I'm trying to do as much research as possible on each one.)

Now I'm finding that other links in the shopping/fashion area that I've put on another new site just have times when they stop working.....and then they never work again. This is happening on with about five CJ merchants. And so many of the individual links within the CJ merchants' directories aren't working AT ALL. Like, they never work. So I'll go back and add ANY other link I can find, alternating Java and HTML, encrypted and unencrypted, everything I can think of, and NONE of the links are working with these companies.

I probably joined CJ at the WORST possible time, now that I see the comments in this thread!

So I wanted to warn people that I've been examining this for two weeks, and some of my CJ links that worked one minute just go DEAD without warning and do NOT come back again.

This is a HUGE issue and I don't know why more affiliates aren't talking about this on affiliate marketing forums. This is a big thing!

So everyone here promoting CJ merchants, be very careful. Maybe this instability will go away, but maybe it won't.

And why are we working with a company with (I now see as) zero support for affiliates? Are all the networks this way? I hope not, as I'm trying to convert my links over to Linkshare, Shareasale, etc. as fast as I can.

Anyway, I wanted to thank everyone for their contributions here and raise this issue to see how widespread it is. I'd watch ALL of your CJ links very closely right now so you might catch what I'm seeing. I had been hoping that the links would just be going dead temporarily and come back on again, but the links I'm watching are going completely dead and never working again. This is with about five different CJ merchants in different categories.

Very scary, and what a freakin' waste of time and energy for us!

I don't believe this is related to Norton or other security blocking cookies, etc. at my end, because I've deactivated everything as part of this testing process, done this on several different computers, and am finding that it's still a mixture....links I've got going to other companies, or even to Adsense, are working fine, but the CJ links are about 80% pooping out on me without warning.

Anybody else finding this as widespread on their sites? I don't mean to be the voice of doom, as I'm psyched about affiliate marketing, but I do want to guard your back as "peers" in the field.

Best,
    Cosmokid

Huh? Who praised CJ?
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmokid
    Since CJ is so highly praised throughout the NET as THE place to work with if you want to expand your success as an affiliate marketer, I joined as I've been putting together some new sites and working to monetize them and hopefully integrate good content with related products.
    Huh? I've not seen any praise for CJ anywhere in a very long time -- certainly nothing positive I can recall seeing in the past year or two, possibly even 3 or 4 years. Perhaps you simply mean that you've seen some merchants (who offer an affiliate program only through CJ) encourage you to sign up at CJ?

Is there other praise for CJ on the net (let alone "throughout the net")?

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    sure enough...there is is...why the hell does eBay need to know that I've LOGGED IN to cj? it makes no sense what so ever
    Is it coming up AFTER you logged in? The other posts said it's on the home page.

If it's just on the front page, I'd guess that someone just forgot to remove some code that would have been associated with the prior design--most likely an imp tracking pixel that's also calling in their cookie.

I never go in through the home page so I haven't seen whatever weirdness its doing. I only know they changed it because it shows up on logout, and once I log out I don't hang around long enough to examine it...after all, the important stuff is in the Account Manager, not the site's actual front page!

Welcome to SAS! I hope you all make a mint.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Yeah, no doubt about SAS...still my favorite...but regardless, someone is screwing something up at CJ again. It's either that, or early September is a horrible month for the merchants that I've signed on with.

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread