Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Make-A-Page maintenance
    Currently, the Make-A-Page feature is down for maintenance, please check again later.
    Is there a timetable for this? Hours? Days? Weeks?
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    NoWires,

Thanks for posting this, I wanted to get an update in here as it was...

Make-A-Page has been giving me fits, and we are working on long term updates ... currently we have it taken down for some short-term fixes to immediate problems, and it should be back up today sometime. We may, however, have to take it down a few more times before the whole thing is fixed with the new-shiny-make-a-page which I hope to have completed before the official start of the 4th quarter...

Thank you for your ongoing patience with this, I realize that it is an important feature for all of you who use it....
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Lightbulb
    I've been banging on it for pages for a merchant with a real huge datafeed. Hope that didn't trip some glitches.

Hi Brian,

I know this will sound like a dumb question but I just want to hear the answer anyhow.

When the make a page function starts working again and we are able to set up new pages, links etc. will these pages function ok even if the make a page section goes down again? So the section is only for getting new codes and once you get them everything works ok? Will any of these new fixes effect our pages already made or just on how you get the codes. Hope you know what I am trying to ask.

Thanks for giving us an update. I know you are tired of hearing us whine.

The make a page generates hard html code, so any changes to the way they extract or output the material will have no effect on pages you have already made at any time.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Hey, great to hear good things are only going to get BETTER with the Make-a-Page!

Anyone still having problems using it? I went there a couple of times earlier this evening and it still says down.

Any ideas about when it'll be available for any extended period of time? Or is it going to be an up-and-down sort of thing while Brian and crew are doing the long-term maintenance?

Gary Speer

The sooner Make-a-Page works, the better it will be for those who like to "paint by numbers"
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

I hope it's up soon. 2 times today I have went to "make a page", knowing it is down. Guess my brain is on a mission to get some pages up and forgetting about the same road block.

would be nice to get a proposed timeline or a little insider news

ABW Ambassador
    On the wish list, I hope sometime soon it starts saving preferences at least for the length of the session instead of having to change the default to personal preference (like open in new window, # of items each row) each time going back for different products for the merchant.

Added:
    And on getting individual product links, any chance of having the search element restored? It's really impossible to go through many hundreds consecutively to hunt and peck around for only a half dozen specific items for a page.

For people who do individual item pages, getting individual links works differently from makeapage. Using makeapage takes way far longer when selecting for individual items, it spits out too many and has to be pruned one by one removign them. It can take an hour to do up a page rather than 10-15 minutes. Not to mention moving closer to carpal tunnel with all the copy/cut and paste taking unwanted items out.

Whoa!!!

I see the pagemaker is back up. What happened to the Description parameter in the display fields? That was a very important field.

Gene
    TCS

Question

My Make-a-Page Wish List
    I appreciated the multiple merchant feature.

I hope multiple products will appear from a multiple merchant feature
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Yipes!!

I, too, would like to know -- is the description field coming back to Make a Page?? It's really important if we're going to use the Make a Page tables in a "Featured Products" display or something that we have a description available.

I'd hate to have to load, find, then copy-and-paste from the datafeed or the products pages??

Gary Speer

Arrow
    I use the description and also some of the custom fields but will not make new pages until the description field comes back. Definitely don't want to have to do it all over for about 300 pages.

The descriptions are search engine friendly. I receive a lot of hits from the text. Hope it was just an oversight that it was left off.

Gene
    TCS

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Gene,

No need for the bump... we are working on this issue constantly and will have it all completed as soon as we can.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Brian,

Thanks for the update. I was not sure you were aware that the display field "Description" was missing. This is a critically important field for making product pages that are SE friendly.

Anxiously awaiting.

Gene
    TCS

All I know is that if I type in "dream catchers" I want every dream catcher from every merchant I am affiliated with to be displayed.

And, if I type in "gold bracelet", I DO NOT WANT the same damned image and link coming up 9,368 times for stinking Sunshine Jewelry thereby rendering any results meaningless!
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Quote Originally Posted by SSanf
    All I know is that if I type in "dream catchers" I want every dream catcher from every merchant I am affiliated with to be displayed.
    That's another way of saying you'd like the multiple merchant feature enabled, right?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Uh, if you say so. Just give me the darned products and links I search for from all my merchants and I will be a happy camper.

And, tell stupid Sunshine Jewelry to get a clue!

And, I am NOT going to put their URL in so that people can by-pass my links no matter how sneaky they try to be!
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

I see the Description field is back, but is non-functional at this time. No descriptions are provided when generating product links. Anxious!

Gene
    TCS

Thumbs up
    Yea!

Thank you Brian and crew. The Description field now appears to be fully functional. Again, thank you, thank you, thank you.

Gene
    TCS

Yes indeed. Getting Make a Page back certainly gives me something useful to do with the weekend.

Question: In the dropdown menu to select merchants, Rugman is still there, but RugUSA isn't. Hasn't Rugman left SAS, and when will RugUSA be available?

Gary

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast