Just got DirectTrack!
    Hey guys,

I purchased DirectTrack and I'm working on getting my affiliate network up and looking good ASAP. On a side note, does anyone have any recommendations on where to get the best paying offers. I've received a couple of offers, but I'm looking for better paying offers so I could pass on the profit to the affiliates .

Thanks in advance and I hope to see you all in my network soon

http and a telephoto
    With all the great networks already out there, what will make yours stand out? Are you currently a merchant that is trying to expand?

Good luck
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

ABW Ambassador
    I'm confused. You're using DirectTrack to run your affiliate network when just a couple of days ago you didn't understand how to append the links for tracking purposes?

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Internet Cowboy
    Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    I'm confused. You're using DirectTrack to run your affiliate network when just a couple of days ago you didn't understand how to append the links for tracking purposes?
    LOL
    These days you don't really have to know anything to own a network. You only have to have the bucks to get Direct Track. No wonder there is so much corruption and thievery in CPA networks huh?

http and a telephoto
    Not all CPA networks are bad, but I do think it is too easy to set one up. People that might want to be merchants are becoming "networks" instead and they are not adding value or focus and will fail, making everyone look bad. Is Direct Track running a campaign to get people to set up new networks? If so, I hope they are planning to do some consulting to make sure that people at the very least know the time and engery and manpower it takes to run a network correctly.

What is your business plan? If you don't have offers already why would you start a "network"? Do you have a specific focus or niche that will attract merchants (andvertisers) and affiliates? Do you have the manpower to manage a growing business?

These are the things you need to consider before opening any business, but especially before jumping into an already competitive market and especially before announcing something here.

Direct Track is a platform, it won't do the work for you.
    Deborah Carney

Affiliates?
    Don't you sort of need some affiliates first to promote the offers you will put live on your network or are you taking the Noah's Arc approach and hoping if you buy a piece of software and toss it up we will all flock to promote your offers?

I think the money you spent on the DirectTrack you should have invested in learning the game first.

Good Luck to you m0f0

Internet Cowboy
    I think with Direct Track you can opt in to other offers by other DT networks and alow or disallow them to run your offers. All it is breeding is a bunch of worthless CPA networks, most of them using adware to steal from each other.
    Last edited by UncleScooter; September 7th, 2006 at 01:47 PM. Reason: And Deb, I know they are not all bad. Some are good :)

http and a telephoto
    Thanks Scoot, and the point I am trying to make I guess is that there are enough networks to work with already it seems pointless to try and reinvent the wheel. Unless you have something different to bring to the table.
    Deborah Carney

I've been an affiliate for about 2 years and I felt that I was ready for the conversion over to become a network with some of my business partners. I used to manage incentive websites, but lately I've been working on search engines and tech review websites and general advertising. I felt that the transition over to a network would be good for the launch of a new website to raffle off a 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX. I was mainly looking for getting higher payouts and passing it off to affiliates and fellow web admins. It seems that so far I'm getting lower payouts for my network than I did when I was an affiliate with Netblue :/. I'll try to work things out and create some relationship with advertisers.

Quote Originally Posted by DjMaSt3r
    I've been an affiliate for about 2 years and I felt that I was ready for the conversion over to become a network with some of my business partners. I used to manage incentive websites, but lately I've been working on search engines and tech review websites and general advertising. I felt that the transition over to a network would be good for the launch of a new website to raffle off a 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX. I was mainly looking for getting higher payouts and passing it off to affiliates and fellow web admins. It seems that so far I'm getting lower payouts for my network than I did when I was an affiliate with Netblue :/. I'll try to work things out and create some relationship with advertisers.
    What vertical? Health care? Finance? B2B? Hypnotherapy e-books?
    Joseph Lilly
    PartnerWeekly, LLC 702.407.0707 joe.lilly at partnerweekly.com
    PartnerWeekly

I'm with TrustNo1, I'm confused. I have no clue what he is talking about. Either way over my head or some new type of network.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Lightbulb
    I read it as he is starting a CPA network but doesn't have any/many affiliates yet. Which he needs in order to cut better deals with the merchants.

And he should be wary of presenting what may prove to be an illegal lottery. just a thought . . .

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread