CJ AM Response So Bad Almost Funny
    I emailed an affiliate manager the other day about 3 sales of mine not tracking. I included in the email the confirmation emails of all 3 sales. First, the AM responded and asked me for the transaction numbers. Okay, I guess he didn't read that part of my email where I listed all of that for him.

So I sent the 3 numbers to him. He responded and said that he was confused because the orders shipped. I explained that I did not get credit for them. He said that the purchases must not have been made while the link was "hot." I asked if that meant that they were not made in the 45 return days listed in the agreement. He said yes. But I haven't even been an affiliate for 45 days.

So I responded again to see if he could look into it for me. He asked where I am an affiliate and I said CJ. He basically responded and said, "If someone would have clicked on the link, you would have gotten credit. If you didn't get credit, they didn't click on the link."

Helpful? Not. I'm starting to really understand the importance of good managers.
    --Tricia Meyer-- I love being the exception to the rule.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

You really need to let fellow ABWers know who this merchant is. Something really does not sound right and we need to bring it to his attention or avoid him all together.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    You really need to let fellow ABWers know who this merchant is. Something really does not sound right and we need to bring it to his attention or avoid him all together.
    I would like to know it, too. Tell us who is it.

Internet Cowboy
    Yep. You gotta out them!

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Spill the beans sounds like they need some AM help
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Yea, let's get to know this MORON of an AM.

They are a pretty small operation that most of you likely do not even deal with. But I do see them mentioned quite a bit on the different "bargain" websites and forums. I've been trying to investigate them a little bit over the past week and it basically looks like the whole thing is run by one main guy. They have an in-house affiliate program, a listing on CJ, and just showed up on a CPA site this week.

Guess it can't hurt to spill the beans. It's not like I'm making any money. Silver Jewelry Club.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

Internet Cowboy
    Quote Originally Posted by helpingmoms
    They have an in-house affiliate program, a listing on CJ, and just showed up on a CPA site this week.
    That statement makes me think they are playing games with commissions. I would file a BBB complaint against them. I have done this with success in the past against merchants who try to cheat you out of commissions.

"If someone would have clicked on the link, you would have gotten credit. If you didn't get credit, they didn't click on the link."
    This is the metric CJ uses to determine that tracking is not affected.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    He basically responded and said, "If someone would have clicked on the link, you would have gotten credit. If you didn't get credit, they didn't click on the link."
    You know, that needs to be in that "heard on the street" column, or some such in the Revenue magazine. You know, where they quote various goings ons. Kinda funny, albeit not to you, I am sure.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

Affiliate Manager Heidi Sturrock's Avatar
    That answer from the AM was completely out of line. CJ has experienced tracking issues in the past...so why would the AM assume it couldn't have happened in this case?

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi Sturrock
    That answer from the AM was completely out of line. CJ has experienced tracking issues in the past...so why would the AM assume it couldn't have happened in this case?
    I'm not sure that the AM knows enough about CJ to understand that. He just didn't really seem to care. In the past, I have had AMs at least check the transaction to see if credit went to someone else or to no one at all.

Affiliate Manager Heidi Sturrock's Avatar
    FYI, some issues we had encountered at one point included being able to see the # order number in CJ, and who received a $0.00 credit. If he is not that familiar with CJ, and you feel like it would be worth it, you may want to suggest he quickly reference the order # in his CJ interface.

He just didn't really seem to care. In the past, I have had AMs at least check the transaction to see if credit went to someone else or to no one at all.
    My thoughts exactly. The AM should have checked the sales and if they weren't credit to another affiliate, he should have given you the commission. Just my 2 cents.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

I have them and make sales, but I agree that some sales seem to not appear, but for $1 a pop, the quantity I'm missing is probably less than 10 a month, so I'm not fighting it.

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread