Russian traffic?
    Hi all,

I'm just wondering if there is anyone here who has prescence in Russia.

Does anyone have links to a forum out there?
    We're looking to explore options in Russia, and will be running a test campaign out there.

Please contact me via email at kcheung@primeq.co.uk and we can explore our oppertunities.

sincerely yours,

Kenneth Cheung

Quote Originally Posted by kcheungprimeq
    I'm just wondering if there is anyone here who has prescence in Russia.
    I have presence in Russia.

Does anyone have links to a forum out there?
    On what subject? And in what language?

We're looking to explore options in Russia, and will be running a test campaign out there.
    What kind of campaign, Kenneth?

Evgenii "Geno" Prussakov

Hi Geno,

Thanks for replying to my thread!

We are currently running
    IPSOS- market research panel long version (1.76 per lead)
    and
    IPSOS- standard panel recruitment (1.02 per lead)
    in Russia, with many more campaigns for Russia under consideration.
    Both of these are survey campaigns, CPA

Regarding forums, I'm hoping to have a prescence on english and russian speaking Russian forums. Which Russian forums are you present on or would you recommend?

Do you have MSN? perhaps we can discuss this further there? mine is kcheung@primeq.co.uk

It would be great to see how affiliate marketing works out there!

Please feel free to contact me at your convenience.

sincerely yours,

Kenneth Cheung

It would be great to see how affiliate marketing works out there!
    Some of the larger Russian companies do have affiliate programs (in Russia they call them "partnerskie programmy" or "parter programs"), but, frankly speaking, I am not a strong believer in affiliate marketing's future in Russia.

There are also several "support" providers that I know of:

Last weekend I've spoken with a girl that is one of the top managers (heading the marketing department) in a famous Russian company, and she told me that her good friends are interested in starting a new affiliate network in Russia, but as I said, I am not a strong believer in its future in Russia. Why? I'll give you an example:

I ordered two books from the largest online store in Russia - Ozon.ru. They stock in Moscow and in St. Petersburg (where I currently live). They promised to deliver the items to me within 5-7 business days. Took them over 2 months!!... Now, you're probably wondering how this is connected with the future of the affiliate marketing in Russia. No, it is not about the returns and voided affiliate sales. Much simpler than that. In Russia people hardly ever use credit cards over the Internet (most people feel extremely insecure paying online), and the items are paid for mostly upon delivery. If I needed those books urgently, I would've just cancelled the order a month and a half ago. The affiliate that sent me - yes, Ozon.ru has an affiliate program in which, I guess, they want to be like Amazon - would've gotten a reversal. No one likes reversals, but I have a feeling that in the framework like the Russian one they should be extremely abundant (unless we only focus on a pay-per-lead structure, but then again: how much can an affilaite earn being paid pennies per lead?)

Just my ...

You've asked about affiliate forums. Go here and you'll find them.

Geno

Hi Geno,

Thank you so much for your response, as its really highlighted it from a 'man on the ground' perspective.

I'd be interested if there are any more people whom have had experiences in this market?

Thank you also for the links for forums in Russia! I will have to brush up on my Russian before i start posting.

Ken

No prob, Ken. Good luck with it. You know where to find me...

Quote Originally Posted by Geno Prussakov View Post

Some of the larger Russian companies do have affiliate programs (in Russia they call them "partnerskie programmy" or "parter programs"), but, frankly speaking, I am not a strong believer in affiliate marketing's future in Russia.

There are also several "support" providers that I know of:

Last weekend I've spoken with a girl that is one of the top managers (heading the marketing department) in a famous Russian company, and she told me that her good friends are interested in starting a new affiliate network in Russia, but as I said, I am not a strong believer in its future in Russia. Why? I'll give you an example:

I ordered two books from the largest online store in Russia - Ozon.ru. They stock in Moscow and in St. Petersburg (where I currently live). They promised to deliver the items to me within 5-7 business days. Took them over 2 months!!... Now, you're probably wondering how this is connected with the future of the affiliate marketing in Russia. No, it is not about the returns and voided affiliate sales. Much simpler than that. In Russia people hardly ever use credit cards over the Internet (most people feel extremely insecure paying online), and the items are paid for mostly upon delivery. If I needed those books urgently, I would've just cancelled the order a month and a half ago. The affiliate that sent me - yes, Ozon.ru has an affiliate program in which, I guess, they want to be like Amazon - would've gotten a reversal. No one likes reversals, but I have a feeling that in the framework like the Russian one they should be extremely abundant (unless we only focus on a pay-per-lead structure, but then again: how much can an affilaite earn being paid pennies per lead?)

Just my ...

You've asked about affiliate forums. Go here and you'll find them.

Geno
    This is a great piece of history here from 2005
    Geno - are you still not a strong believer in Russian Affiliate Marketing?
    Would love to get your updated perception of the Russian affiliate marketing today (vs. the rest of the world)

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread