Display A List Of Books With AE
    Hello,

I'm running AE on my site and have a list of 25 books that I would like to display. How would I go about displaying those book?

I'm using the <script> format with AE, not mod-rewrite.

Also the information I have about the books are the names of the books, the authors and the ISBN.

So, what would be the easiest way to do this?

Thanks,

Sunny
    Last edited by Sunny123; September 8th, 2006 at 09:37 PM.

For amazon.com, ISBN's are treated the same as ASIN's (ISBN's are a subset of amazon.com's ASIN's) so whenever you read "ASIN" anywhere, you can substitute "ISBN".

If you want to search by a list of ASIN's, then you can use ASIN List Searches (up to 9 ASIN's per list, and then use multiple lists) (e.g.: asinsearch=mylist) or you can explicitly specify the ASIN's as part of the parameters (asinsearch=ASIN1,ASIN2,ASIN3,...)

If you want to search by author and don't care which specific books are displayed, then do an author search instead (e.g.: authorsearch=Deepak+Chopra). Note that amazon.com has organized a lot of authors into browse nodes. In that case, you can do a browse node search to display all books that amazon.com has in that author's browse node (e.g.: type=browse&mode=282885). See FAQ: How do I determine the browse number to use in type=browse&mode=NUMBER ?

You could also do a search by title by using a powersearch (e.g.: powersearch=title:Harry+Potter) or by using (an equivalent) keyword search for books (e.g.: type=search&mode=books&keyword=Harry+Potter). Note that if the title/keyword is too general (or too short), the search might probably return products that are not relevant.

Note: With all the above sample parameters, if you want to use a <script> tag, you would use <script src="/cgi-bin/ae.pl?script&..."></script> and the ... would be the parameters of the search.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano

Hi,

At your site, on the page here: http://www.c3scripts.com/amazon/docs10.html#asin, it says: "Create a text file containing the ASIN's and save it in the ae-asin directory as mylist.txt"

....I've created the text file containing the ASIN's, however, there is no ae-asin directory to save it in.

The directories that are there are: ae-cache, ae-format, ae-imagecache, ae-template, however, no ae-asin directory.

Am I missing something here?

Sunny

Create the ae-asin directory. So if you have /cgi-bin/ae.pl, then create /cgi-bin/ae-asin directory.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread