Yesterday I write to cj with their askaquestion thing - telling them one of my accounts is not tracking, No clicks, No impressions - nothing and hasn't been for at least a week that I know of. I figured it was a fluke that would straighten itself out after the changes they made.

I get back a reply telling me how to do a performance report - Duh I'm not stupid, I had already told them that I had tested the links, so I know there should be impressions and there should be clicks so obviously I had already run reports.

So I write back telling them the account is not tracking, I didnt write to learn how to do a performance report. Do they check the account - NO of course not, I then get a reply back saying that I had clicks and impressions

Duh - I knew that too but nothing has shown up for days when there should have been plenty.

Why can't they just check the account and find out why its not tracking instead of assuming I'm stupid. Wrote back again and told him to check yesterday and todays stats, not the monthly since yes the monthly does show stuff. But on the main cj page when you log in it says 0 sales, 0 impressions and 0 clicks!

Heidi
    Fit2a-t: The Center of the T-shirt Universe!

ABW Ambassador
    I'm trying very hard not to join the clueless club, but I can't discern from your message what the last date (from your performance reports, not the log-in page) shows impressions and clicks.

If you haven't already, it may help to narrow down the problem if you run a performance report for today and yesterday (separately - and assuming you've done test clicks in the past two days) and report back to CJ the exact message you get.

edited to add: I do know that front page report can be deadly slow to update -- I just don't know how slow because I never even look at it anymore...

"The only thing that helps me maintain my slender grip on reality is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes." -- Holly, from Red Dwarf

Both reports for yesterday and today show 0 for everything. Which I told them - absolutely nothing is tracking in the performance reports and I know for a fact that I clicked links and viewed the pages so it should show something for yesterday and this is for multiple merchants - not just one or two.

This has been going on longer than just the last 2-3 days I'm sure, but as I said before I thought it was related to their updates and everything would catch up. Apparently this is not the case though.

Heidi

ABW Ambassador
    Well it sounds like you've exhausted the help you're going to get from the AskAQuestion support desk... I'd suggest calling.

"The only thing that helps me maintain my slender grip on reality is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes." -- Holly, from Red Dwarf

YOU HEARD BACK FROM CJ "ASK A QUESTION" IN ONE DAY???? The heck with the answer they gave you, just be trilled they got right back to you. TWICE!!!

Last time I had someting it took two weeks to get the same answer you got. At that point I was just happy to get an answer, even if it was the wrong answer. lol

Ron
    7 Days A Week Marketing

"Keep your hands out of my cookie jar!"

I have called CJ two or three times and each time the service was freindly and the results imediate.

I could type much better if I had knuckles

I've only called CJ once, I didn't have to hold for very long, and the person I spoke with was very nice. They didn't really answer my question, but now that I think about it, there may not have been an answer for it. (I had just started using CJ at the time [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] )

Andy

After reading Andy's and FreeStuff's responses I've decided for the future my first approach to CJ support should be the phone. I'm tired of waiting weeks and days for support through their support page submission service.

Ron
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    Ron,
    Could be the difference is because you are 'Ron' and she is 'Heidi'...Michele (from TH Media) and I have a long running joke about how customers respond differently when a female contacts them and when a male contacts them (this is with billing issues)...I've often wondered if it was like this everywhere else, and it could be that CJ support is faster to answer a woman than a man [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] (BTW, Michele is excellent when it comes to this...those outstanding balances get paid fairly quickly)

On that note, Heidi, before getting upset at CJ, think about one thing....They may get hundreds of people asking about their tracking for one reason or another, so they may be quick to answer with a generic answer (the part that made you sound stupid). I can imagine somebody contacting them saying 'My site gets 150 hits a day, but my impressions with CJ only show 30 impressions'...You can already see what is flawed in that logic, and they probably deal with it all day....Now, if you gave them the exact specifics in the first contact and they responded like that...I will take back my statement and go hang my head in shame for even replying [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

TH Media-Web Solutions For The Small Business
    Check Out The TH Media Affiliate Program

I think that CJ customer service is like everywhere in this world.. you'll find they have both good and bad people there..

For example, I contacted CJ through their Ask a Question a few months back advising them that tracking was not working properly for one of their merchants.. 2 weeks later the reply was "I would like to advise that tracking for xyz merchant is working properly for the month of June". I knew this was BS, but I left issue alone. I then contacted them again a few weeks back about the same merchant. As it turns out, a different person at CJ responded and guess what - the merchant was not tracking properly the whole time (probably 6 months)..

It looks to me as though some people are willing to look into things a bit more than others. If they believe you, there's a chance you'll get a result. If they don't, they just seem to skirt the issue or provide a standard response.

And the moral of the story is - Never give up.

Well instead of looking into the issue of why its not tracking, they went to my site and found out I switched the code on my links to my other cj account.

So the guy writes again and says I see you set up a new account, hope this one is working for you.

Umm I still want my other account to track as I have a need to track it seperately! I didn't set up a new account, its my old account that works correctly so I switched the links where I could.

Unfortunately I can't switch all the links because, not all the merchants accepted me under my old account but they did accept me under this account that doesn't track.

Geesh, What's it take for them to find out why an account is not tracking impressions or clicks for ANY merchant!

Heidi

TH Media,

Do you think if I change my name to Ronnie I might get better response from CJ support? Hmmm, I'll have to think about that one. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Ron
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I've had many a dealings with CJ support (and have my X list :P) and have used the subsequent, "Ask a Q" protocol also. My impression with the entire customer service setup with CJ or any company is as follows:

1) If it is a lost sales issue ... call!
    2) if it is an "iffy" Q ... like why isn't this tracking (multiple imps and no clicks) use the ... "Ask a Q"

"Ask a Q" is designed to get eyeballs on the situation and will get you a "Real" answer based on what you "ask" (they answer it verbatum so be specific!).

A call can answer a simple Q in minutes but don't yell at Risa (SP) or the others if you should have used the "Ask a Q" for a real and detailed answer.

HTH,

Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

Haiko,

I agree with what you say in the previous post. What bothers me about CJ support, through the Question/Answer section, is they say they will respond within 72 hours and it end up taking 10-14 days before I get my first response.

First, they should remove the "72 Hours" from their autoresponder. If they don't want to do that, then they should at least have the courtesy to respond in 72 hours and say, "We're checking into it and will get back to you." so you don't feel like you've been forgotten.

Second, if they don't do the above, they should state, "If you don't get a response within 72 hours, please give us a call."

Last time it took several other support requests just to get the first one answered.

Can you tell this is a hot issue with me? I just can't beleive a company of this size can't do a little better with support.

Ron
    7 Days A Week Marketing

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread