Can anyone tell me if there is any free software downloads that will prevent someone from being able to acsess my information and instal there stuff to my PC without prompting me to do so 1st. I am so PO that a website that DD went to took over my homepage, changes it and had there affiliate ID on there for anything I clicked. That really gets under my skin. Help please if you can. Thanks All [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Record the affiliate ID# and post it here as well as inform the network that provides them with merchants. Their are "driveby install scripts" popping up on affiliate sites that strip out your e-mail address and try to install a spywarez/adwarez backdoor virus. These are affiliates doing this folks not merchants or networks. The same affiliates that have abused CPC and now threaten web surfers with monitizing viruses to copycat theftware used by Morpheus.

Let's burn those amongst us who put the almighty buck ahead of ethics and publish that abuser's affiliate ID# so we collectively run him out of business tarred and feathered.

@ EcomCity.com That sounds like a great idea.. The only problem is I went and uninstalled the program from my add/remove program already [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] Was that enough??

But I remember the name of the place. Should I post that here? It really ticked me off because it changed my whole navagational bars and everything. I still have not gotten it back to the way it was before that "SHEET"
    did that to my PC. Aughhhhhh :rolleyes:

The same happened to me not long ago - I went to a site and my nav bar changed, etc.
    There is a great free download called AdAware that will scan for the nasty residuals and allow you to delete them.

Go to http://www.lavasoft.nu/

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread