The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Do visitors browse our websites - or just hit and run?
    I'm looking at my Performics charts, and they look the same today as they did yesterday, the week before, the month before, etc.

The 1st 4 listed merchants have the usual number of sales, followed by the usual $0.00 for all the other merchants.

I can only guess that I must rank well for Lerner catalogs, as they are always up there in the first spot in Performics.

But my question is: do these visitors just click my Lerner link, buy and leave?

How come they don't browse my site to see if I have Eddie Bouer, or Orvis, or Big n Tall, etc?

It's the same 4 merchants month after month after month. I just don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay

How come they don't browse my site to see if I have Eddie Bouer, or Orvis, or Big n Tall, etc?

It's the same 4 merchants month after month after month. I just don't get it.
    Wouldn't that depend on the phrases they're using to find you? I think another important thing to consider is navigation. Do you list these similar merchants on the same landing pages? This really just depends on your circumstances.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Tax Paying Member
    I have had the same question for some time. One of my sites has 4 "well known merchants" on the lead page. These merchants compliment each other, not compete.

One makes decent sales, one makes so-so sales. The other 2 get just enough hits for me to know that they are there, but never a sale.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    I think it's the merchants ...

The only sales I get through Performics are with 1 merchant - every now and then, I'll make a sale with another Performics merchant but it's rare. I don't do PPC so it's not a matter of ranking well for one or another merchant, per se. Many of my Performics merchants get clicks but never sales. The one merchant that does perform well is consistent.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Action Jackson - King of the World
    I think Snib was referring to organic search results Rexanne. Sometimes it can matter what rankes well for you. I have also wondered many times how many people browse.

Billy Kay
    I'll make ya a deal...I'll swap ya your visitors for mine. lol I don't have too many sales from my Performics merchants but they're from different merchants. Pretty sure you'll have more sales....so I'll take your visitors with more sales and you can have my fewer visitors but more varied in their purchases from merchants. lol Just teasing.

Do got a question for you guys though. Seems like I only have the merchants that have catalogs with Performics or at least they give credit for the catalogs requested....I haven't learned all the analyzing stuff yet to be able to tell...but do you have people requesting the free catalogs and actually coming back to those sites and purchasing or are they requesting the catalogs and not coming back cos they're purchasing through the catalogs instead of buying online?

Billy I consider that good traffic but then again my sites are designed to get the users off the site as fast as possible. I also don't have any perfomics links at all on any of my sites.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar

How come they don't browse my site to see if I have Eddie Bauer, or Orvis, or Big n Tall, etc?
    Because the SEs tend to refer visitors to the detail page which matches their search term. And if that search term is specific, they don't care what other merchants have. They want The Item and possibly even from That Merchant, not one that's merely "close" to it.

Why would they browse when they're ON the page they were looking for?! If they browsed after making a direct landing on the searched-for item's page, it'd mean your spin sucked or you had too many items on the page (confusing the visitor as to whether they were in the right spot or not).

Be glad they don't browse. The more clear the road to the merchant is, the more likely the visitor is to take that road and actually buy!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread