Anybody able to get links?
    Just logged in with no problems and getting links has changed but instead of being able to get the html links slowly going through all they made you go through before it's now different..... but selecting the html this way only gives the javascript. Anybody know any secrets for getting the old html links ??

That's weird.
    I just tried and it's working fine. Im getting HTML when I select it.
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

Awwwh you mean it just doesn't like me? I've tried several times and it won't give me any. Thought maybe it was still not letting ya get them if you chose multiple but even just choosing one it will only give me the javascript ones.

Thought maybe I could fool em and selected javascript thinking it might work in reverse but still no luck. Not sure it would matter any but are you guys able to unclick the "click to select multiple links button" It won't let me do that either.

Just tried banner, text and product links for a few merchants.
    With the exception of CJ loggin me out the first three times I tried to get product links, it's working fine for me.

You must have really cheesed them off
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

lol Uh, uh I've been very good today Guess I'll just try back later on and see if it likes me better then. Maybe they'll forget who I am later and be nice to me and give me em. Thanks for checking to see for me

Maybe your merchant don't allow HTML Links. As now Merchants have choice to choose between HTML & JavaScript Links.

ABW Ambassador
    purplebear, if you want you cam PM the merchant to me and I'll take a look.

Thank you very much Trust

nabeelk - nope they got em. Being the oh soooo curious person that I am. lol not sure if biryani is a product you're affiliated with but had to do a search for it. lol Very unusual combination of ingredients but sounds yummy

Hmmm I'm replying to my own self. lol
    They still don't seem to like me. lol So....just wanna make sure I understand. I logged out then logged back in but still the same way for me. Cos I hadn't been seeing this option til today and thought it had been changed to it to make it easier for us to get the links now. Are you guys getting your links this way?

Click to select multiple links Then next to it there's a drop down menu that says Select action and underneath it Perform action. Is this what the rest of you are seeing?? Are you getting your links this way?

Psssst I did kinda fool em a little bit and got em to like me to where I was at least able to get one html link at a time by going all the way over to the right hand side and clicking the Get html link. So...nothing's changed for me...still only able to get one link at a time. Has it changed for the rest of you?

ABW Ambassador
    I tried it with a different merchant and it's working. I selected a few text links and picked Get HTML from the Perform Action box and it's working. Not sure about the merchant you're wondering about tho.

Oooh boy...they must really be mad at me for something. lol Just tried a different merchant and same thing's happening. Only way I'm able to get any links is by going all the way over to the right side and choose get html that way.... so just getting one link at a time...least I'm able to get them that way, though so guess that's something positive. lol

Least I'm happy for all of you guys that you're able to get em. lol Thanks again Trust for checking the links

PurpleBear I'm getting the same thing with all the merchants I've tried so far. Selecting one at a time is fine but, when I try to select multiple links I only get the javascript codes. I guess we should alert CJ to this although it will probably take weeks to get a reply (if at all). Obviously they haven't fixed everything they were supposed to .

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy
    PurpleBear I'm getting the same thing with all the merchants I've tried so far. Selecting one at a time is fine but, when I try to select multiple links ...
    Is it possible to get multiple links with the product images (pictures)?

I always get links from CJ (& the others too) one at a time -- am I missing something?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Quote Originally Posted by Rhia7
    Is it possible to get multiple links with the product images (pictures)?

I always get links from CJ (& the others too) one at a time -- am I missing something?
    I've seen some merchants who have a check box next to product images, but most of them do not. I'm referring to banners and text links, as well as coupons where you get a little box next to each link. When you select multiple boxes you are able to get all the links in one go. However, despite the fact that CJ gives you the option of creating HTML or Javascript, when you click on the "HTML" option it comes up Javascript instead. Only way right now is to select each one individually which is a waste of valuable time. I've opened an AAQ about this and hope I'll get a reply real soon.

Grumpy - umm after this weekend there may be two of us with the names Grumpy. lol This morning I thought I had solved the problem but nope.... just went there to get more links and it's back to not liking me again. Really goofy that it would work this way but this morning was just trying anything I could think of differently and somehow managed to get it to work by clicking the perform action while it still had "select action" as the option above drop down menu and then selecting html. It worked but guess it was a fluke since it ain't no more.

I can still do what you said, too Grumpy. (can get the html links by selecting just one at a time that way) So time consuming that way, though. Grumpy....seems like it's just you and me they don't like makes me feel better that it's not just me lol but sorry it's happening to you, too.
    rrrrrghh guess I'll just give in and contact them about it and see if that helps any.

Rhia7
    I used to always get links a whole bunch at a time before their infamous link change. Then was only able to get one link at a time. Few days ago I noticed they had changed how ya got the links and were now back being able to get multiple links (guess this was their announcement about making it easier for us to get the links ........except it evidently ain't working that way for Grumpy or I but is for Trust, Popdawg and nabeelk and I guess everybody else.?

CJ has been freaking out intermittently in more way than one for the past 12 hours or so (or several years, depending on how you look at it ). "The was an error processing your request", "The Page Cannot Be Displayed", etc. Or when you do retrieve a link, it will not update to the selected site PID. Rube Goldberg is probably smiling in his grave.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

And as far as the "Select Multiple Links" option goes; that would be more useful for retrieving multiple product links after a keyword-based search than for selecting a ragtag amalgam of banner and text links. Sometimes I wonder what planet CJ is on.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

lol
    Guess I'm making progress but not been easy. lol It's not exactly quick but I did manage to get the request to send links to me by email for the multiple links and that worked. Guess that won't be too bad as long as it keeps working

Quote Originally Posted by purplebear
    lol
    Guess I'm making progress but not been easy. lol It's not exactly quick but I did manage to get the request to send links to me by email for the multiple links and that worked. Guess that won't be too bad as long as it keeps working
    Well zippity-doo-dah what do you know!! It does work if you click on "email HTML". Damn stupid though if you ask me. Anyway if that is the only way to do it, then I guess we'll just have to accept it for now as long as it keeps working. I wonder what next can possibly go wrong with CJ . Thanks for sharing PurpleBear - I never even considered doing that

I'm keeping my fingers crossed after yesterday lol and hoping it still works.
    "Damn stupid though if you ask me." definitely agree with ya there.

"I wonder what next can possibly go wrong with CJ" Ssshhhhhhhh lol don't let em hear that.

You're quite welcome Grumpy (you don't seem very grumpy to me, though lol ) happy to be able to share Guess I'm just a persistent little thing and don't like being told no...lol so I just kept trying things....didn't expect it to work but was happy when it did

Quote Originally Posted by purplebear
    You're quite welcome Grumpy (you don't seem very grumpy to me, though lol ) happy to be able to share Guess I'm just a persistent little thing and don't like being told no...lol so I just kept trying things....didn't expect it to work but was happy when it did
    Now perhaps they can add check boxes to their product links as well (wishful thinking of course!). No I'm not really Grumpy at all - when I chose my username on joining ABW I was real p*****-off about something (think it had to do with Linkshare ). In those days CJ was great and I had no complaints about them. Strange how the tables have turned. Take care.

yes, only email links work, but there is no Encrypt links option.

Why CJ leave this unfix for so long period of time ?

- there should add an option to retrieve multiple product links in one go

- option to saved the global default for link format in the account
    Encrypt link?
    Set link to open a new browser window?
    Hide tracking code in link?

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread