Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    http and a telephoto
    GoCollect changing networks
    I found out from an affiliate that tried to join GoCollect as my subaffiliate that they are putting affiliate applications on hold until they finish changing networks... where are they going? Right now they are in house (MyAp) and at CJ. I use the in house program exclusively.

David? Do you know anything about this and will your script be able to support where they are moving to?

The email I saw (which they have NOT sent to current affiliates) specifically said all linking would be changing. This is not making me a happy camper!!!

Awwwh no....not another one that will have to have their links changed. lol I had em at CJ and their ind. and figured it'd be easier just logging into CJ for the links (before the you know what happened) Definitely won't make me a happy camper, either if I have to change all their links. and nope I didn't receive any email either but then just found out SureFit had ended at CJ to have their own program and never received notice bout that either.

ABW Ambassador
    I don't know where they are going, but I don't really care. GoCollect has been horrible with regard to reversals.

http and a telephoto
    They perform fine one quarter out of the year, and if they are going to make changes they better do them NOW and not in a month. Will be making a phone call on monday since no one seems to know what's going on.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

This is the first that I've heard of this. If GoCollect.com changes their linking method, I would release an update of the gocollect.pl script once I've updated it. I assume that GoCollect.com would give affiliates at least a few days notice before requiring affiliates to use the new linking method.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano

http and a telephoto
    I just got the email from the GoCollect affiliate team that the independent program is closing and that a datafeed isn't available yet. And that our links will stop tracking on October 31. They have been sent a rather strongly worded email from me, I suggest others in the indy program do the same. Those links should be redirected and I for one know for a fact that I have cached and googled links that even when I change out the links will still exist. My sites are several years old and the links that are going to go dead will continue to send traffic from months to come. Also, telling us to "change our links" to Performics when there isn't a datafeed to create links from is pretty stupid, what I am supposed to change the links *to*?

This is one of the few programs that I still run agressively as an affiliate, it doesn't cross into areas that I am a manager for and it creates a steady income, especially with Q4 coming.

I stuck up for them in the past when they weren't paying and they eventually did. The new ownership apparently is clueless as to how things should be managed. Even if they are switching from CJ to Performics, they should be able to migrate the inhouse program over in January instead of now.

Updated Info
    Any updated info on the go collect script?

http and a telephoto
    The last thing I heard from GoCollect they didn't have a datafeed at Performics yet... this weekend will be spent swapping out their links and updates several of my collectibles sites.... Geno will be happy And some other SAS merchants.
    Deborah Carney

From what I can see, the script that Cusimano continues to offer simply no longer work as they are geared around CJ links as opposed to Performics links. I don't know why it's still advertised on the Cusimano site.
    Gocollect have got a new datafeed together with Performics links, you have to get it direct from Performics who will ftp the zipped file to you. You have to contact Heather Foley who is the rep dealing with all this. She's at hfoley@performics.com and she seems together. I've had some idiotic responses from other people there.
    BUT, this basically leaves me with a datafeed I have no idea what to do with as there's no way I know of to affiliate it into a Cusimano script and no-one seems to be talking about this at Cusimano as I've asked and got no reply. I've got a big site, freshly out of the sandbox, and I don't seem able to earn any commission from it now.

BB

http and a telephoto
    The current script works with the inhouse program datafeed, not the CJ datafeed. GoCollect hasn't chosen to announce to anyone that the datafeed is available.... I'll be sending an email to find out about it. Thanks for the update.
    Deborah Carney

So the current links, through the Cusimano existing scripts, do still work? Then what was all the fuss about? Gocollect run affiliates on two levels? The level we as Cusimano script users are on, are still ok? Do I have this right now?
    That would be nice.

BB

http and a telephoto
    That would be nice, but the last email I got said our indy program links would stop working on Oct 31, and there has been no follow up that the feed is in Performics, that David has been able to update the script to USE the Performics datafeed if it exists and no announcement that the indy links are dying or not. There is NOTHING indicating in the indy back end that the program is shutting down.... this is horrible communication, and I can't get on the phone with anyone. I've sent several emails and have gotten one tert response of "switch to Performics, too bad if your links all die".
    Deborah Carney

I suspect you mean "terse" response, anyhoo, who was it from?

BB

http and a telephoto
    It wasn't signed, it was from the current "affiliate team" listed in the indy interface.
    Deborah Carney

I hate being left in the dark like this. I have to renew my hosting at the end of the month and I don't know if it's worth it.

BB

Hello,

GoCollect does have an affiliate feed active with Performics. If you're not familiar with their datafeed or system, please contact the affiliate program manager for GoCollect at Performics. The feed also has been made available for Cusimano scripts. When we are notified a new script is available, all publishers that are signed up as Cusimano affiliates should be notified.

Thanks.

http and a telephoto
    No one notified the affiliates, in house or otherwise that the datafeed was live yet. Nor that David is revamping the script to work with it.
    Deborah Carney

The current gocollect.pl script uses links for GoCollect.com's inhouse affiliate program (MYAP); it never worked with GoCollect.com's cj.com affiliate program.

From what I have been told, GoCollect.com's inhouse affiliate program will continue to work until Oct. 31, 2006.

Contrary to above, I am still waiting for GoCollect/Performics to tell me where/how to download the new datafeed. Once I have the datafeed, I will proceed to update the gocollect.pl script to use it. I am also waiting for instructions on how to have affiliates signup as sub-affiliates (since the updated gocollect.pl script would also only be available to my sub-affiliates).

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation

http and a telephoto
    Are they even 2 tier at performics? I lost a bunch of subaffs myself... another benefit THEY get off of closing the indy program on us......
    Deborah Carney

nope no sub affiliate program at performics - we are all screwed on this deal. Looks like we will probably lose out on all the orders that haven't been shipped either. it went downhill even further as soon as they were bought out by this other company, i'm just surprised it took this long before the full effects were felt.
    Heidi
    "Happy are those who dream dreams and are willing to pay the price to make them come true"

Quote Originally Posted by cusimano
    I am still waiting for GoCollect/Performics to tell me where/how to download the new datafeed. Once I have the datafeed, I will proceed to update the gocollect.pl script to use it. I am also waiting for instructions on how to have affiliates signup as sub-affiliates (since the updated gocollect.pl script would also only be available to my sub-affiliates).

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    I believe you'll have to contact Heather at Performics who will ftp you the new datafeed. I think if you wait for her to contact you she won't bother. Since it doesn't sound like you'll be able to have sub-affiliates, I suppose you'll have to charge people to use the modified script if you choose to bother with it, as you won't be able to earn commission from your sub-affiliates.

BB

Here we are on D-Day. No news from anywhere has reached me.

BB

November the 1st now. I emailed Wudassie the other day, heard nothing from her either.

Anybody know anything?

BB

I got this consequent to my email to Wudassie;
    ------
    Thank you for your continued interest in the GoCollect.com Affiliate Network.
    All you will need to do is reapply to the GoCollect.com Affiliate Network via
    Performics. Performics represents a higher level of service with a dedicated
    management team ready to handle all inquires, payments, and setup questions you
    might have. David Cusimano is working with us and he is well aware of the
    transition to the new network.
    ------

He is? David, can we have this confirmed please?

BB

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Are they still active at CJ after the 31st?
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast