Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    The Forest Is Still In Tact
    We just returned from our week in the high country and had a fantastic time! The Aspens are changing colors, the weather was superb and the hunt was a success.

Our first day was pretty much all work - getting camp set up, situating and preparing the horses, and of course, cutting loads of firewood for our evening and morning campfires.

Then it was a week of enjoying the high mountain air, the breathtaking scenery, riding to the summit for our hunts, enjoying the special flavors of outdoor cooking, the smell and calming effects of a warm campfire, hot coffee and great conversations between brothers....

We've been hunting, camping and fishing this area since the mid 70's and it is almost the same today as it was the first time we visited; just beautiful!! It's good to be back, but it's always great to have another special memory logged in the memory bank.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

http and a telephoto
    Sounds wonderful. I won't be taking any week long retreats any time soon, but hope to get some weekend trips in exploring and relaxing here in the southwest.

Would love to see Colorado someday too, Aspens changing color? Sounds beautiful...
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Thanks for the beautiful description, Alan.

I'm glad you had a great time
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Thanks Lox - thanks Rhia. Yes Deb, the Aspens changing color are truly awesome. I will take some pics the next week or two and email them to you as I know you enjoy photography. Don't expect expert talent tho - I'm a better fisherman than I am a photographer!!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Quote Originally Posted by ALH - AmeritrustRx
    TI'm a better fisherman than I am a photographer!!
    Did you catch anything?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    Ah, Alan, thanks for the beauty...nothing better than waking up to the smells, sounds and breath of the outdoors

And the serenity and peaceful quiet Carolyn, which I know you also appreciate. Thinking is never better or clearer than at 11,000 ft. I may organize a small fly fishing / camp trip for interested members next year, if anyone is interested.

Thanks for the thoughts.

Yep Rhia we "caught" something alright. The day before our trip was over the endless hours of riding and hiking finally paid off. But even better, we both enjoyed the entire outdoor freedom and environment experience, just as we have since we were young teenagers.

Thanks for asking!

Yep Rhia we "caught" something alright.
    That sentence can be interpreted in different ways.
    I hope you caught a fish
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Sentence Interpretation
    I guess virtually any sentence can be interpreted in different ways. My mother used to ask when we returned from a hunt: "did you catch anything?" and my brother and I would always chuckle and say something like: yep mom we caught something alright.

The next trip in October is a fishing trip on the Colorado River near Parshall, CO - and we will "catch" (and release) many 2 - 7 lb brown trout. Thanks for asking.

Cheers

I guess virtually any sentence can be interpreted in different ways. My mother used to ask when we returned from a hunt: "did you catch anything?" and my brother and I would always chuckle and say something like: yep mom we caught something alright.

The next trip in October is a fishing trip on the Colorado River near Parshall, CO - and we will "catch" (and release) many 2 - 7 lb brown trout. Thanks for asking.

Cheers
    At least you didn't "catch" a cold
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread