What will affiliate marketing be like 5 years from now?

Will it still be HTML or do we need to learn XML now? Any other technologies that we should learn like ASP probably that will make us more competitive?

I want to plan ahead esp. in the affiliate marketing world where everything changes so fast. So far I only know HTML & Web Promotion [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] Would this still be enough say 5 years or maybe just 3 years from now? What do you guys think? Should I goto school now and take up a short course?

ABW Ambassador
    wly, you have no reason to learn xml unless you will need your site to be available to things like PDAs & cell phones.

I have a greeting site and considered learning xml so people could send my greetings from such devices.

I decided it would not to be cost effective.

You're better off learning a language that can be used to handle XML feeds - a language that supports WDDX - than learning XML itself, since some places provide datafeeds in XML.

Coldfusion, PHP, Perl all support WDDX. Of the three, Coldfusion is the easiest to learn as it is similar to HTML. You do *not* need Coldfusion Studio to learn or use CFML. It's excellent for manipulating databases and you can do a lot with it.
    Only problem is you need a host that has Coldfusion but there are an increasing number that do. Even if your host doesn't support it, you can get the free Developer version of Coldfusion server to use locally, schedule it to compile your pages to HTML from your database, then upload them.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread