Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    http://www.abestweb.com/ebates.avi (Run it in fullscreen view)

The ebates code at the end is not (My* ebates code

Haiko

[ 05-20-2002: Message edited by: Haiko ]

ABW Ambassador
    My MediaPlayer is balking on playing this, while I'm looking for another player, can you tell us what it is we'll see.

I get "no suitable decompresser can be found" when I try to play it. Can anyone recommend anything?

Cedric,

Use Real Media it works with that.

It is me (with ebates and morpheus loaded) going to google.com entering Fredericks of Hollywood in the search box and clicking on their 1st non paid link. After a few seconds the ebates topmoxie alert box shows and then I am redirected to the ebates framed page with the bates logo and my account info in the header and before the bottom frame (the fredericks site) loads, you can see the Morpheus BHO whacking out the ebates frame and cookie and then proceeds to load up the Fredericks site with the Buyersport ebates ID.

Haiko

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>and before the bottom frame (the fredericks site) loads, you can see the Morpheus BHO whacking out the ebates frame and cookie and then proceeds to load up the Fredericks site with the Buyersport ebates ID.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If it weren't taking our money it'd be funny. Even the parasites are stealing from each other. Doesn't surprise me at all.

[ 05-20-2002: Message edited by: eaglefire ]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Use Real Media <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

errr,last I checked the newest free d/l comes bundled with spyware [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] . I've stuck with the old shove-it-down-your-throat-but-at-least-there's-no-spyware-attached-to-it Media Player.

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, just ditched RealMedia because of the spyware. Is there anything else? I'm getting the same error message Gordon is getting.

ABW Ambassador
    Are all CJ Merchants who said they terminated still redirecting or are there examples of those who terminated actually showing as honest? I'm trying to understand if this is a CJ issue or a dishonest merchant issue or both.

I have a merchant I know EXTREMELY well in CJ. If you need an honest merchant to check, I'll PM you the merchant and a link. I've known this merchant for years and if their link is still showing as redirected, it's going to take a lot of convincing for me to believe it's a matter of the merchant lying.

[ 05-20-2002: Message edited by: Cedric ]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cedric:
    [QB]Are all CJ Merchants who said they terminated still redirecting or are there examples of those who terminated actually showing as honest? I'm trying to understand if this is a CJ issue or a dishonest merchant issue or both.
    [QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

See http://www.abestweb.com/cgi-bin/ubb/...c&f=1&t=001098

It is across all networks!

Haiko

Then its a Morpheus issue, IYSWIM.

I give up too. Lets just zap the m********a from our sites.

I

I,

The money is flowing big time to save the poor Lexy .... from all sides, even a merchant who attests to dropping them and asks for our support is a F*CKING LIAR!

Haiko
    PS. Only TigerDirect, JCWhitney, Overstock, GoCollect and BackcountryStore (on this board) have kept their word to us.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    You know, my mall site has like 60 different cj merchants on it: I need to use this as an opportunity to slice and dice and refocus the site. Refocus, that is, on the honest merchants only.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>PS. Only TigerDirect, JCWhitney, Overstock, GoCollect and BackcountryStore (on this board) have kept their word to us. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have we been mooned, Haiko? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    If it's who I think, it explains why (the person) came here whining about being offended that we were upset over the issue. I hope you yank his forum.

Haiko, I feel for you and I understand the collossal betrayal this represents. Or I will if I think about it. But I'm not going to. I'll only get all angry and my judgment will be obscured by emotional considerations.

But sometimes I just know things - not all of this is down to 'deductive reasoning'. For instance, I know this industry has a good few years in it yet.

But you can't leave compliance in the hands of those who have nothing much to directly gain by it. If a network doesn't get the commission from one affiliate - it will get it from another. 'Wots The Difference?' they think.

Have you seen the Lightning Struck Tower in the Tarot pack? The lightning takes the path of least resistance down into the earth zapping everything too daft to get out of the way in time.

Under the circumstances I'd take that as a How To Guide then work out what the most efficient means is.

Here is a link to more info on the symbolism of that image.
    http://www.biddytarot.com/major/tower.html

I

[ 05-20-2002: Message edited by: Icicle ]

@Icicle - my favorite card [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] LOL

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    To All,

Due in part to the recent events and the fact that it seems all 3 netwoeks are still being affected - I have accelerated the implementation of our in-house solution. We are going to move very quickly on this, offering it first to ABW partners.

Our MIS team has given us the go ahead, we are moving on this in pronto.

It should be a week, two max, and by months end we "should" be able to have all of you that are on BF with Tiger changed over to our in-house solution.

We want our partners to get 100% of any commissions they deserve. It "appears" that even by having Tiger deactivated, the BHO still prevents you from getting your due commissions.

We thank you for your support, we understand your cause and we are on it!!

Have a great day !!

Thank you, Andy!

Haiko, it would be great to get more *good*, top-performing independent merchants in here.

Andy,

As all networks are in on this, I think the wisest thing any merchant can do is set up a private network

I know that you and the the others I mentioned are true, I have seen it time and time again, but as there will be serious retaliation against the networks, this is the wisest decision, as a merchant, to irrefutably protect the earnings of your affiliates along with the continued ethical TigerDirect Sales.

Much Respect!

Haiko

eaglefire,

I'm on it ...

Haiko

Haiko - I know you are. I am also trying to cheer you up by making you think about what can still be done without having to deal with the scum.

ABW Ambassador
    Thank You Andy!
    Proud of your stance on this and the respect you show your affiliates!
    Cazzie

Eaglefire, I can't say its the card I'm happiest to see, but it has its funny side:-

"The tower is an image of old forms collapsing. The tower is the only man made structure in the major Arcana, thus it represents inner and outer structures that we ourselves build."

"When the Tower of deception, ego, and illusion is destroyed, we are freed to face Truth and Reality without the trappings of false attachments."

'Trappings of false attachments'. Um. I wonder what that might refer to?

Heh.

Incidentally this seems identical in meaning to Hexagram 51 :-
    http://home.planet.nl/~heybo002/hex_49-64/hex_e_51.htm

I

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>"The tower is an image of old forms collapsing. The tower is the only man made structure in the major Arcana, thus it represents inner and outer structures that we ourselves build."

"When the Tower of deception, ego, and illusion is destroyed, we are freed to face Truth and Reality without the trappings of false attachments."

'Trappings of false attachments'. Um. I wonder what that might refer to?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's why I like the card. I've drawn it many times over the years. I used to dread it, now I welcome it, b/c it always means the end of something that I would not admit to myself was causing pain and misery ( controlling relationship, lousy job, etc). You're in a situation that you keep telling yourself you cannot get out of, keep making excuses for why you don't have the power to change it. Or something is going on and you know it in your gut, but won't allow yourself to see it because you are attached to your illusion. So, Tower changes it for you [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] and after the tears or panic goes away, you heave a big sigh of relief and realize you are much better off. The Buddhists say that attachment is the cause of pain. I'm not sure if I agree with that, but it is almost always a factor. It's the absence of what you are attached to that causes the misery, so if you can enjoy what you have without attachment, you are much happier (easier said than done).

When I like the energy of Tower even more, is when it is encountered by someone who causes harm or loss [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] to others. The Tower is especially ruthless for them
    and they always meet up with it, sooner or later :eek:
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Yeah. I see it and I know that something, somewhere, will come crashing down round someone's ears.

In this context I suspect its not a bad thing. I think it was the ten of cups following it that clued me in...

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I

[ 05-20-2002: Message edited by: Icicle ]

ABW Ambassador
    Can someone convert the avi file to a format readable by Windows Media Player?

I cannot get the file to run and having seen another file of Frederick's of Hollywood that does not appear to be doing anything inappropriate, I'd really like to see the one here before accusing the merchant of misdoing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast