CJ Datafeeds?
    Does anyone know how I can get information about the CJ data feeds? Which ones are available? Where can I see a list? I can't seem to get a reply from CJ support.

Pretty much any advertiser who has product links will have a product catalog (datafeed) avaialable.

Someone may have more current information, but the last I heard, you need to have generated $10,000 in sales in a recent month and pay a $250 setup fee, or possess strong powers of persuasion.

Quote Originally Posted by sjangro
    or possess strong powers of persuasion.
    I asked on Merchant there if they had a feed, and they told me they weren't allowed to provide their feed outside of the CJ structure (I am a CJ member, just don't feel like being extorted for $250)

Jeff

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Talus
    I asked on Merchant there if they had a feed, and they told me they weren't allowed to provide their feed outside of the CJ structure (I am a CJ member, just don't feel like being extorted for $250

Jeff
    This is complete -

I don't blame you Jeff. I refuse to succumb to CJ's extortion, too, but for them to now tell merchants that they're not allowed to do what they want with their own data feeds is unconscionable. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

http and a telephoto
    Many merchants give their feed out outside of the CJ feeds. Some offer several versions, which aren't supported by the CJ process... Someone is telling tales...
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I actually prefer to have an external feed for my CJ merchants. It's usually updated more often.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Actual step to set it up
    Hi guys

Does anyone actually know how to go about setting these data feeds up? (the actual steps involved).

There's a little bit of help in the help file under the Product Catalog section, but nothing conclusive in terms of file format and steps to get it done All it says is to contact Technical Support. I'd rather not, if someone here could help me.

Thanks

Not sure what level of help you are seeking - I download the zipped file of my 'combined product catalogs' using wget; unzip them; and if you bring up a file in 'Notepad' or some other text reader - the data column descriptive headers are in the first row of each data file.
    Charles

If you've sent 10K in sales in a month through CJ, just send a request to CJ support with a few merchants you want and they'll set it up for you, at least that's how I got setup. If you haven't generated 10K in sales then they'll charge a one-tme fee of $200 or so. I didn't have to pay but even if I had the amount of sales rev generated with access to data feeds has far outweighed any $200 fee.

Dont count too much on feeds anymore. SE's just dont like 'em.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread