Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Affiliate Manager
    Treos are freakin' sweet
    I just got a treo this weekend, and I think I'm in love. Granted I'm not important enough to have one, but had to get one. Now I'm in debt, but now I can calculate my debt much easier with the treo.

Just wanted everyone to know what I'm doing instead of actually work. Sorry if I don't return your emails for a while.

Word.

Scott

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    Hey! I've been toying with the idea of getting one of those...but they don't fit in my wee lil' sparkly purse.

Been eyeing one myself, just need to spend some time to research it so I can tell myself how much I "need" it
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Scott - let me know how the Treo does. I'm mixed on the technology right now as I'm not sure of it's actual cost effectiveness early on. I guess it would not do too well trailering 2 tons of hay or horses up the mountains! LOL

But hey - it's a step away from dependency on others - so can't be too bad. Besides, you city boys probably don't haul a lot of hay!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    I cannot live without mine. My name is Matt and I am a Treoholic.

Seriously though, it keeps my calendar, contacts, AND makes calls...not to mention I can check email and surf the web.

What would I do without it? Oh yeah...sleep more!
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Matt - I'm surprised that you did not pick up on my tongue in cheek humor! I've heard good things about the Treo - but my 3 year old lap top still does what I need - so what the hey!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

I loved my Treo...that is until the screen broke. Should have gotten the warranty, but that cost nearly as much as the phone on those things.

Get a case that protects the screen and whatever you do, don't drop it.

Otherwise, have fun. They are great.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

My insurance on the Treo is $3.99/month and it replaces it no matter what I do. I have been lucky and nothing has happened...ah hell I jinxed myself.
    Guess I will break it tomorrow!
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

have been planning to get one but i do not think i can spare the time to attend the treoholic therapy classes
    Ma, where the beer? :escape:

I have a cingular 8125 and LOVE it, but cingular doesn't offer insurance on their pda phones, or at least that is what they told me

My email updates on it every 15 minutes (cept through the night), so I am always in touch, which is good and bad depending on what day you catch me on ... LOL
    KK

Internet Cowboy
    I have a Treo 700W (Windows version) and absolutely love it! I have only dropped it once and it still works fine.
    If you get one, get a bluetooth headset too because the treo gets hot on long phone calls.
    I saw a commercial yesterday where Verizon has them for $299. That's about FRICKIN right since I paid $599 for mine!!! Story of my life!

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Love my Treo 650 on Sprint .... it's my office away from the office. Buy a case though, I have the skin case, the one that looks like a glove and it hugs your hands and pockets well. The case saved my treo from swiming with the fish one day on the boat.
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Affiliate Manager
    I'm a little confused on the posting links policy. But if this is a violation, please don't hesitate to remove the post. Also, if there is a Sprint affiliate manager on here, please don't delete my account.

This is how I got my treo at a pretty good rate from sprint, and I've been super happy with it so far. Here's the post I found:

- Remember, anything you do is your responsibility. Be cautious with your plan/account. -

For further details on SERO or to sign up for SERO online: Sprint SERO Website
    http://sprint.p.delivery.net/m/p/spr...epclanding.asp

For new Sprint customers, using the website to sign up is simple.
    ^ You need a Sprint employee e-mail address (You don’t even have to know them)
    ^ Use Google and search for: "@mail.sprint.com or "@sprint.com"
    ^ For another way to get a Sprint e-mail address, head to a Sprint store and speak to a Sprint rep. Before leaving, get their business card. Their business card should have their e-mail address on it.
    ^ SERO is for individual plans only. You CANNOT have a family plan on SERO. You CANNOT share minutes on a SERO plan.

Another way to get SERO is explained in the following:

* Go to a Sprint store.
    * Buy a plan and phone.
    * Call up Customer Service 1-800-658-7564 (CS w/o hold time) or Employee Accounts: 1-888-876-8381 Employee Accounts
    ^ Tell the Sprint CSR you have signed up for a Sprint account & you would like to switch your plan to a SERO plan. As a new Sprint customer, you have a 30-day trial period to adjust your plan, call/e-mail to ask for free/discounted perks, etc.
    ^ MAKE SURE YOU TELL THEM TO SWITCH YOU OVER AT THE NEXT PAY PERIOD. (If they switch you immediately, there's a chance you'll get charged twice for your monthly bill)
    ^ You will probably end up calling CS/Retentions several times before finding a nice Sprint CSR who will switch you to SERO. (YMMV) Be patient!
    ^ As a backup, search Google for "@sprint.com" or "@mail.sprint.com" to have a Sprint e-mail address handy incase the Sprint CSR asks for one.

***TIPS FOR FREE/DISCOUNTED PERKS***

A list of free/discounted perks...

7PM Nights & Weekends
    6PM Nights & Weekends
    500 Text Messages Per Month
    Unlimited Text Messages Per Month
    FIMF (First Incoming Minute Free)

^ There are more perks than those listed. The ones above are just examples of what you could get through retentions/eCare.
    ^ For best results, attempt to get your perks before switching your plan to SERO. Please do not ask if you should try for perks before or after getting SERO. It is all YMMV. All individual experiences will vary.
    ^ For new Sprint customers immediately joining with SERO, attempt to get all your perks within your 30 day trial period.

***HOW TO GET FREE/DISCOUNTED PERKS***

* To ask about a free/discounted feature (aka perk), call the retentions # OR e-mail Customer Care (eCare) to inquire about free/discounted additions to your plan. If they deny your request, try again!
    ^ Please note that Sprint's automated system does log your call activity into Sprint. If you are continually denied, don't be surprised if your account has notes added to it regarding your requests. Don't push it, be nice and firm but don't get greedy. If nothing seems to work, take a break and try again in a week or so.

AVAILABLE SERO PLANS:

500 Minutes = $30.00
    1250 Minutes = $49.99
    2500 Minutes = $99.99
    1000 Minutes (w/ Free Incoming) = $99.99

ALL SERO PLANS COME WITH:
    - Unlimited Sprint Vision or Power Vision (Vision for Vision phones, Power Vision for Power Vision phones)
    - Unlimited Mobile to Mobile
    - Unlimited Sprint Picture Mail
    - Unlimited Roaming
    - Unlimited Nights & Weekends (Starts @ 9PM)
    - Nationwide Long Distance
    - Crystal Clear Calls
    - Voice Mail
    - Caller ID
    - Call Waiting
    - Numeric Paging
    - Three-Way Calling

Sprint Power Vision, aka EVDO, is much faster than regular Sprint Vision.
    ^ ONLY Power Vision phones can use Power Vision.
    ^ Power Vision has limited coverage.
    ^ Non-Power Vision phones which are Vision enabled phones will use regular Vision.

Answers To FAQ's:
    -- Yes, you can pay $30/month and order directly through the SERO website with relatively no problems. Use Google to search for a working Sprint e-mail address.

-- To get a discount on your purchased phone, attempt to price match at a Sprint store or by calling Sprint retentions.
    ^ Sprint stores and retentions can price match B&M stores such as BestBuy, etc. Check out competing store flyers as you will need the flyer to PM at a Sprint store (They will not price match eBay).
    ^ Sprint stores and retentions can price match online sites such as Amazon, Wirefly, LetsTalk, etc. (They will not price match eBay).
    ^ If a Sprint store or Sprint retentions turns you down, try again!
    ^ Please do not ask if any user knows of better places to pricematch. If a user finds a current deal on a phone, they know to post the info in the thread for another user's benefit.

-- Ask the Sprint store or call CS or retentions to waive your activation fee.

-- You can get a discounted phone via eBay. This method is more difficult/tricky. Buy from an eBay seller with who offers regular plans with their phones. However, be aware of how long the eBay seller requires you to keep the plan you agreed to through them. If you switch to another plan before that period expires, you will break their contract and might be subject to fees.

Keep trying, keep calling, and you might just get lucky!
    ^ If you find a Sprint CSR to switch you to SERO, they usually don't even ask for an e-mail address. They switch you right over!
    ^ Please don't ask about which # to call to get switched to SERO. There are helpful CSR's in every department and there are not-so-helpful CSR's in every department. I hope you've caught on by now that everything about this is YMMV.

-- You CAN take advantage of SERO even if you're in contract/have a plan with Sprint. As stated above, you can attempt to contact Employee Accounts or Retentions to see if a nice CSR will switch your plan to SERO.

-- If and when you are finally on SERO or if you have recently received a new free/discounted perk, give it a few hours to a day or two, then call back and have a Sprint CSR confirm your new plan details.
    ^ It is suggested that you wait a day or two between successful attempts and/or after several unsuccessful attempts with e-mail or phone contact. It's not a sprint people (no pun intended), it's a marathon!

-- For an extra 10% or 15% or $5 off every month, call this flyer #: 1-877-234-0091.
    ^ Tell them you received a customer appreciation card (Flyer) in the mail which states you will get 10% off per month if you call up Sprint. The Sprint CSR may give you the 10% off or offer you 15% off per month or $5 off per month, depending on the actual CSR. They may also turn you down. In this case, wait awhile and try again.
    ^ Sprint may require you to renew your contract for this deal.

-- Why call retentions (Sprint's cancellation department) first? Well, if you call them after you have several discounts, they probably won't offer you anything else. In extreme situations, they might audit your account or even strip your account of some/all discounts you have. They might also notate your account for Sprint not to give you any discounts at all.

-- You CANNOT sign up for a family plan on SERO. You CANNOT share minutes on SERO.

-- To sign up or switch your plan to SERO, you are required to sign up for (or renew) a 2-year service contract! There is no way around this.

Things To Remember While Speaking With/E-Mailing Sprint CSR's:
    (1) Be very nice and courteous.
    (2) Ask how they’re doing at the beginning.
    (3) Try to hold a regular conversation with your Sprint CSR while they help you with your account.
    (3) Use phrases like “I’m thinking about..." intead of "I'm going to..." or "I called to cancel..." Only threaten to cancel if you are serious about doing so or if the Sprint CSR seems like they will give you your discount/perk if you mention "cancel" to them.
    (4) If there is a problem or delay in your conversation with a Sprint CSR, try the following method (feel free to change up the words to your liking): “I was wondering if there was any kind of credit you could offer because of the delay/problem/inconvenience in this situation.” Be nice but firm at the same time.
    (5) Ignore answers given to you by negative Sprint CSR's. As evidenced by this thread and the responses on it, it can be done...and with patience, hopefully, it will be done.
    (6) Be nice, be patient, keep trying!

-- SERO will be offered up to the end of the year. Its new expiration date is 12/31/06.

-- A SERO plan is a Fair & Flexible Plan. It will be listed as such on your billing statement/account details.
    ^ "Adjustable Anytime Minutes" on your statement equals the minutes on the SERO plan you have.

-- When switching from your old plan to a SERO plan, ask to make the switch effective at the next bill cycle. A switch of plans in the middle of a bill cycle can result in overages including, but not limited to, being charged fully twice (once for your old plan and once for your new plan). To avoid confusion and unnecessary overages, have the switch made effective at the start of a new monthly bill cycle.

-- New Sprint customers (on SERO or otherwise)...your trial period is 30 days! Use this time to call/e-mail Sprint. Attempt to get your plan/phone details the way you want them to be. You can pricematch, attempt to add perks, etc. during this time!

-- A $5 e-billing credit = Acheiving a recurring credit for e-billing is rare. Sprint's policy states that e-billing is a one time only credit. If you get a CSR who assures you that it is recurring, be thankful that you have encountered a rep who is unaware of proper Sprint policy. Have them NOTATE your account for a "recurring credit." Those who have recurring credits are lucky as e-billing is not supposed to be recurring. For more information, view the following two reply posts: E-Bill Credit? E-Bill Credit Explained

-- A loyalty discount is different from a $5/10%/15% flyer discount. It is possible to have both discounts on your account. In addition, you can have a corporate discount with these two other discounts. Ideally, it is suggested that you add your corporate and/or inquire about a loyalty discount before having a SERO plan.
    ^ For longtime, loyal Sprint users, it is possible to gain a loyalty discount as high as 25%. They range from 5%-25% (25% being rare).

-- Does Sprint confirm corporate discount information? Yes. Sprint users who are also supervisors have reported that they have infact been contacted in the past to confirm corporate discount information. Does Sprint check everytime? No. Should you take that chance? It's up to you.

-- Retentions Vs. eCare, which is better? There is no correct answer for this. Retentions would be best for changing your entire plan (from a regular plan to SERO, for example) or upgrading phones at a discounted price. eCare is more for attempts at free perks, verifying account information (in order to have a verification in written format), etc. However, you can use either option for anything you wish...the success rate varies per individual experience.
    ^ To e-mail eCare, sign into your account on the Sprint website. Then click the 'Contact Us' link on the top of the page, then follow the 'E-Mail' link to reach eCare. It is suggested that you type out your message ahead of time on Word/Wordpad/Notepad so you can simply copy, paste, and send your message (as the eCare page times out fairly quickly).

-- Sprint usually neglects to enable Picture Mail (usually $5 per month but included as FREE on a SERO plan) when you sign up for SERO. Simply call CS or e-mail eCare to have this enabled. Sprint will NOT substitute this SERO feature for a different free perk.

I will say the pocketPC I tested out a few months ago was better than the Treo, but everyone in our office has Treos so it's better for us.

And DEFINITELY on the blue tooth. Unless you really like your ears to catch on fire!
    Matt McWilliams

My husband has the Treo 650 and loves it. But I have the Cingular 8125 and it works great for what I need - emails, reminders, excel spreadsheet, surf the internet - and I love the way you can hand write your notes on the screen when you are in a hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Rodriguez
    Love my Treo 650...
    Read a review on it. It says that it's a GSM GPRS one. Does this mean you can accept text messages from cell to cell across the globe (from phone on other GSM networks)? PM me your number, I'll text you from over the Pond, Andy! Let's test it!!

Geno

Geno, one of our tech guys and I text message each other all the time and he is in Moldova (near Romania for those not familiar with European geography)
    Matt McWilliams

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    (near Romania for those not familiar with European geography)
    What about those of us who don't know where Romania is

Touche Billy. I have always been a geography whiz for some reason...

Long Live Google Earth!
    Matt McWilliams

Quote Originally Posted by MattMcWilliams
    Geno, one of our tech guys and I text message each other all the time and he is in Moldova (near Romania for those not familiar with European geography)
    Too cool!! Both things are! Not sure which one is cooler tho': the fact that you can text out and receive sms messages, or the fact that your tech guy is in Moldova. I was born in Moldova, went to school in Moldova, lived 21 year in the capital of Moldova. Not kidding.

Geno

I got a Treo 650 - the web browser of the Treo 650 let me view stats on Google AdSense and other websites that are Java-based. The Samsung with Windows Pocket Edition did not let me log into Google, etc. because of this issue...
    -Erick

Geno,

you lived in Chisinau? That is where two of our tech guys live. Just mailed a crapload of peanut butter to them! They love it but cannot buy it

The text messaging takes about 2 minutes to get to them and we only use in emergencies when we cannot call...since its kind of slow and costs the same as a phone call I think. But it is still pretty cool.
    Matt McWilliams

Geno,

you lived in Chisinau?
    Yes, Matt. It's my hometown!! I was born there and lived there for 21 years. Still go there 2-3 times a year, as my parents live there.

That is where two of our tech guys live. Just mailed a crapload of peanut butter to them! They love it but cannot buy it
    I can certainly relate.

The text messaging takes about 2 minutes to get to them and we only use in emergencies when we cannot call...since its kind of slow and costs the same as a phone call I think. But it is still pretty cool.
    Text in the US takes 2 minutes? It is instant from my phone in Russia to anywhere in the world... It costs you the same as a phone call? Weird. I pay about 1/3 of the cost of phone call per min for one text message.

Geno

I now use my treo 650 to write web content. The phone I got was a dud. If you are getting one and you are going to use verizon as your carrier make a phone call from the cell phone store. This is a verizon problem, I wish I had researched further before I bought it.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Geno Prussakov
    Yes, Matt. It's my hometown!! I was born there and lived there for 21 years. Still go there 2-3 times a year, as my parents live there.
    I can certainly relate.
    Text in the US takes 2 minutes? It is instant from my phone in Russia to anywhere in the world... It costs you the same as a phone call? Weird. I pay about 1/3 of the cost of phone call per min for one text message.
    Geno
    Sometime in the next year we are going to visit Moldova and I cannot wait! I hear the wine "caves" are simply amazing. We are in the process of trying to move both of them and their families to the US but of course it's a pain.

It does seem like there is a delay in the text messages from him to us and vice versa. And you are right about the cost...it's only 20 cents instead of 70 cents per minute for a call...haha!
    Matt McWilliams

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast