Action Jackson - King of the World
    HP Shopping gone
    Got this from my PF rep when I asked for the feed. Didn't realize they'd left. They are at CJ I see tho.

ABW Ambassador
    I don't always receive the notifications when merchant changes are announced at Performics. Yes, HP Shopping is now live with CJ.

I haven't been receiving any notifications from Performics since I joined a couple years ago. Turns out they don't send email to a select list of addresses like admin@, contact@, webmaster@, support@, etc. So if you haven't been receiving any emails from Performics this may be your problem. Apparently they did this a while back due to spammers, but I think it's a poor solution as it blocks out legitimate affiliates like myself.

The only reason I found this out was because I had a sale post with a $0 commish the other day. I emailed to see what happened and it turned out this merchant was deactivated a couple weeks prior and I never received any notification about it.

Something needs to be done about this.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Snib,

My email address has always been the OBVIOUS: affiliates@mycompanyname

and that's one of the ones they made me change

All my affiliate related emails go into my affilliate folder - except Performics

Affiliate Network Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Snib
    I haven't been receiving any notifications from Performics since I joined a couple years ago. Turns out they don't send email to a select list of addresses like admin@, contact@, webmaster@, support@, etc. So if you haven't been receiving any emails from Performics this may be your problem. Apparently they did this a while back due to spammers, but I think it's a poor solution as it blocks out legitimate affiliates like myself.

The only reason I found this out was because I had a sale post with a $0 commish the other day. I emailed to see what happened and it turned out this merchant was deactivated a couple weeks prior and I never received any notification about it.

- Scott

It's not our rule, it is our email service providers. In fact, it is pretty common for large ESP's to automatically throw out addresses with admin@, webmaster@, etc. Because so many spammers create dicitonary lists with common addresses like the ones above at every domain they can find, the ESP's block them by default so they don't hurt their deliverability scores with the big ISPs/email hosts (AOL, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc.)

-larry

Quote Originally Posted by l_adams
    It's not our rule, it is our email service providers. In fact, it is pretty common for large ESP's to automatically throw out addresses with admin@, webmaster@, etc. Because so many spammers create dicitonary lists with common addresses like the ones above at every domain they can find, the ESP's block them by default so they don't hurt their deliverability scores with the big ISPs/email hosts (AOL, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc.)

-larry
    Thanks for the explanation Larry. Makes sense, but you can at least block affiliates from registering with your network using these addresses. It would provide a little fore-warning. I've been using Performics for some time thinking you simply don't send promotional newsletters. Never crossed my mind that this was the problem.

- Scott

at least block affiliates from registering with your network using these addresses
    I agree, and this should have been implemented long ago. I lost a few hundred dollars recently, all because I did not receive an important notification. Performics may develop into something in the future, but they have a ton of rough edges they need to smooth out first.

it is pretty common for large ESP's to automatically throw out addresses with admin@, webmaster@, etc
    That is extremely difficult to believe. If my ISP was as irresponsible as that I'd go with another. That sort of thing is unacceptable.

ABW Ambassador
    I am using a Yahoo email address, and I still don't receive notifications.

The HP Home program leaving was discussed in a thread about merchants with programs in other networks besides CJ.

Larry, here is the bigger question: At least once a week I check the deactivated merchants list in Connect Commerce (and I would advise all affiliates to do this, CJ, LS and PF all have this capability). But HP Home is still listed in my active merchants list. I would have expected it to be in the deactivated merchant list.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Can't believe I still have this email, but they DID notify us - over 2 years ago - we need to change our emails:

Dear Affiliate,

We're contacting you because your email address contains a prefix that is being suppressed by DARTmail, DoubleClick's email platform. This means that it is likely that you are not receiving a significant amount of email from Performics and/or our clients.

The following mail prefixes are included in DARTmail's Global Suppression List, which meant that DARTmail's SMTP servers will not send any emails to any addresses that contains any of the following mail prefixes:

abuse*@*
    admin*@*
    alerts@*
    blacklist@*
    blackhole*@*
    bulkmail@*
    contact@*
    devnull@*
    domain@*
    domreg@*
    domtech@*
    email@*
    ftp@*
    help@*
    hostmaster@*
    hr@*
    info@*
    information@*
    it@*
    jobs@*
    mailer-daemon@*
    maps@*
    marketing@*
    news@*
    noc@*
    *nospam*@*
    postmaster@*
    privacy@*
    rbl@*
    remarks@*
    root@*
    route@*
    sales@*
    *security*@*
    *spam*@*
    *spamtrap*@*
    support@*
    snib@*
    techsupport@*
    test@*
    usenet@*
    uucp@*
    webmaster@*
    webteam@*
    www@*

Also, at the request of the US military, DoubleClick does not mail to any addresses with the Top level domain .mil.

We ask that you please change your email address immediately in ConnectCommerce to resolve this situation. To change your email address (the same as your username), login to ConnectCommerce, select Profile >> My Profile >> My Contact Information from the navigation menu.

For security reasons, once you change your username, you will be logged out of the system. As soon as this happens, ConnectCommerce will send two e-mails: one to the old address, and one to the new address. The e-mail to the new address will contain a new password for logging back in to ConnectCommerce. Once you have logged back in, you may change your password.

To learn more about DoubleClick's policy, which is also consistent with industry best-practices, click here:
    http://www3.doubleclick.com/market/2...ewsletter_0310

This announcement has been sent to you because you are an affiliate of Performics. If you are not an affiliate of Performics and have received this message in error, please send a reply requesting to be removed from our list.

Copyright 2004 Performics Inc.
    (ONE of those emails is a ringer )

Affiliate Network Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by skishore2006
    The HP Home program leaving was discussed in a thread about merchants with programs in other networks besides CJ.

Larry, here is the bigger question: At least once a week I check the deactivated merchants list in Connect Commerce (and I would advise all affiliates to do this, CJ, LS and PF all have this capability). But HP Home is still listed in my active merchants list. I would have expected it to be in the deactivated merchant list.

They will still be listed as active because we are honoring the cookie duration for clicks up until the time when the program was terminated. Once that period expires the relationships will be deactivated. The cookie duration is 90 days. I'm not positive on the final date; I'll find out and post a follow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay
    (ONE of those emails is a ringer )
    Uh oh! I think you missed the biggest offender of them all:

*billy*@*

Watch out for this one.

- Scott

Larry,

Thanks for the update, that's good to know for the future (although i probably should have know that already, d'oh!)

That suppression list is a lazy and irresponsible way to fight spam. There are a lot of very common prefixes in that list used by a high percentage of non-spammers.

Ironically, I do get a notification every now & then from Performics ---- from info@performics.com

When did HP switch from Perf to CJ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Snib

- Scott
    Anyone know the exact date when HP switched over?

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread