How to Link Directly to Merchant Page/Product?
    This is probably a no-brainer and I'm just missing it. But how do I link directly to a specific page and/or product on a merchants site with my affiliate PID?

Quote Originally Posted by ocs94
    This is probably a no-brainer and I'm just missing it. But how do I link directly to a specific page and/or product on a merchants site with my affiliate PID?
    use the ?url= tag

example:

http://www.************/click-1234567-10424654?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Exxx%2Ecom%2Fpage%2Dservers%2F

obs:

1) Notice that after the url tag you must replace the special chars with the hex like %3A for '/' or it will *not* work for mostcases - use some tool like the ebay one to convert it for you.

2) To redirect be allowed the advertiser must had allowed redirection for that specific AID. make a test every time before using it. Try to get "Product" Get links AID (if enabled) that are always redirect enabled. In case redirect is not enabled try contacting advertiser requesting to enable redirecting URL.

3) Use redirecting url at your own risk, if the advertiser decides to move/desactivate the landing page you will throw a customer to a 404 page.

I was wondering about the exaxt same thing last week. Was trying to link to a buy.com product, CJ were no help, got in contact with someone from buy.com who pointed me in the direction of their own affiliate link builder.

http://www.buy.com/retail/affiliates/sitelinks.asp

You should try contacting the merchant to see if they have a similar feature.

Hope this helps.

Adrian

Thanks for the info. I'll check it out. Wouldn't it make more sense though for CJ to be the one to provide this feature since they are the affiliate network? Of course it could be a feature that each merchant could turn on/off based on their own website catalog compatibility issues. Interesting...

I love that buy.com tool! Anyone know of any websites where I can get one to use on my site??

--Jason

Thanks for the info. I'll check it out. Wouldn't it make more sense though for CJ to be the one to provide this feature since they are the affiliate network?
    I don't know I understood you correctly. Are you talking about the redict url format tool like ebay does?

in fact CJ does, but not for all links - some of the links has a "destination URL box" so you can enter the destination url and update button so it will update the html/javascript code with the ?url for you - but I dont know why most of times redirect url is available but the redirect box is not (?)

You could also try Get Links-> Search for your merchant, click view products, search for youru products, then click "Get JavaScript".

That last part was a joke. You will want to click Get HTML.

You can also get datafeed access if you do not already have that. I Bet That will also accomplish what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by kea12345678
    then click "Get JavaScript".

That last part was a joke. You will want to click Get HTML.
    lol, nice one

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread