ABW Ambassador
    What a Relief....Email Box finally empty
    One of the bad things about running websites is all the email you get. I disappeared on a trip that lasted 7 weeks and during that time my email built up to unimaginable proportions - at least for me. Been nearly 2 months, but finally deleted/answered/replied to these emails. Getting this off the top of my head is a BIG RELIEF.....

So, whats you email box like?

ABW Ambassador
    Came back home to 1473 emails after spending one month in the states. I'd say 90%+ was spam, and it's a PITA cuz I still had to go through them since the SPAM filter is still in "learning" mode.

Every MOnday I come in to over 500 emails. It's lovely. NOT.
    Danay @ LunaSolMedia.com
    Global Perfomance Marketing. Global Niche Markets = Opportunity!
    HispanicYa!|MallFreebies

I dwell in possibility. ~Emily Dickinson

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    is that all ... try 4,000 per day ....

Mostly spam, but we have so many email addys created that we need to scan each one to make sure nothing slips by and still, some slip into the circular folder...

Man I love IM ...
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Junk mail
    I'm happy to say that I don't get nearly the amount of spam Andy reported here, but our office addys get a ton. It's part of the turf - so we scan it and discard 90% plus.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    I have been using an application that Brian turned me on to - it's called Cloudmark and it's awesome. Once you trian it, it cut's done on alot of the old spam ...

Google it and download it ... it's awesome. Thanks Brian !!
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

I'll be in India for 17 days in December and January. I'm already worrying and planning about what to do about all the spam I'll be getting. When I get to an internet cafe I don't want to have to spend my time deleting spam. I get at least several hundred a day that I have to go through. I think I'll ask someone to go through and delete the obvious ones. There are of course some that won't be obvious to anyone but me.
    Affiliate Marketing - The hardest easy money I ever made.

The last week one of my sites was getting 10,000 to 15,000 a day! that's up from 100-150 a day. The host cleared it out for me and I'm back to normal - total mystery to me and the host as to why it happened.

I try to answer legitimate emails with 2 weeks max (unless they are important to me), if I'm not sure about one - if it's worth the effort or not - I leave it to mature for a week and see how I feel about it then.

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Rodriguez
    I have been using an application that Brian turned me on to - it's called Cloudmark and it's awesome. Once you trian it, it cut's done on alot of the old spam ...

Google it and download it ... it's awesome. Thanks Brian !!
    Thanks for passing it along A-Rod, and thank you Brian.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Like Andy said CloudMark is a great spam filter as well as the "I Hate Spam" program from Sunbelt. I found I had to eliminate all Frontpage forms from my sites as the SpamBots and harvesters whack those forms like hungry sharks.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

I have Spamassassin installed on my server and it does a pretty nice job. I keep my threshold very low and I've yet to see anything important flagged as spam. Unfortunately CloudMark is a Microsoft Windows solution, so Apple users won't be able to use that. I think it's nicer to have my email server do all the work anyway.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

I pay Earthlink $21.95 per month for dial-up services but they only allow me to block 500 e-mail addresses/domains -- I still get too much darn spam!!!

I am starting to wonder if $21.95 per month for dial-up is a rip-off?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

ABW Ambassador
    Most of them I keep empty. My main email account I keep in good shape too. The only folders that have any mail are for new merchant possibilities. When I have time I go thru some of it.

Cloudmark indeed rocks! I've been using it for years and it's the only way I can keep up with my emails. What I do is leave Outlook open all day and night and it filters the spam as it comes in. It misses some messages but at least its a managable amount.
    Akiva Bergstrom | akiva@affsolutions.com | 718-871-8286

Affiliate Marketing Solutions by affSolutions - Creator of the Product Showcase Creator™

Managed Programs: EssentialApparel.com (Join) | SportsFanfare.com (Join)

Affiliates: Product Showcase Creator Directory | Merchants: License the Product Showcase Creator™!

Quote Originally Posted by Akiva
    Cloudmark indeed rocks! I've been using it for years and it's the only way I can keep up with my emails. What I do is leave Outlook open all day and night and it filters the spam as it comes in. It misses some messages but at least its a managable amount.
    In addition to Outlook, does it work for Mozilla Thunderbird?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

I've been using Cloudmark for years. The only thing I don't like about it is the false positives. It catches thousands of spams, but it flags some legitimate emails as spam too.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    My current inbox total: 3368 - That's AFTER I've deleted all spam - it's a nightmare. I couldn't possibly leave my computer for more than a day without being overrun and my host deciding I've used too much disk space and shutting my site down.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Rhia, for that amount you could probably get highspeed!
    Danay @ LunaSolMedia.com
    Global Perfomance Marketing. Global Niche Markets = Opportunity!
    HispanicYa!|MallFreebies

I dwell in possibility. ~Emily Dickinson

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread