All,

I ask that you review the posts by merchants and affiliates both in the Morpheus Merchant list (take note of the date, merchant and their choice of words ... then go to www.buyersport.com (no bho needed or installed) see all the liars!

... and see why I am at a such loss for words.

Haiko

That's a shocker!!! Business as usual it seems.

Haiko, face it Hun. We *are* the network compliance units.

Do we boot Todd out now, or shall we let him slither off in his own sweet time?

I

There is much worse than that that I wish I could tell you.

Haiko

Haiko,

I might have already said it. I am glad you came to realize the connections.

-BluesX

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BluesX:
    Haiko,

I might have already said it. I am glad you came to realize the connections.

-BluesX
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

BluesX,

It is such BULL F*CKING SH!T!

I am sooo angry ... trusted third party MY *SS ... all of them are rotten to the bloody core!

Haiko

I take it that your trusted Q&A wasn't so trustworthy, am I right?

eaglefire,

It was his response to the OM exe

I have no idea when it will be released and have tooo many trepidations to privately QA it myself.

Haiko

I was afraid of that. Something just didn't "feel right" there. I'm sorry you had to learn that the hard way. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

To anyone still having links to Buyersport merchants - you might as well nuke those pages. There is NO WAY you will get credit for a sale made from them if a user has the BHO on their system.

eaglefire,

No "symposium" nor "CFU" for me!

Trust lost, is never won back!

Haiko

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>To anyone still having links to Buyersport merchants - you might as well nuke those pages. There is NO WAY you will get credit for a sale made from them if a user has the BHO on their system.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

One more thing to consider - if you've still got links to Buyersport merchants and a large percentage of your visitors have Morpheus, you are are actually helping to put money in Buyersport's coffers, even though you don't want to.

Haiko - Blues is right, you should go. They are hoping you stay away!

It's sad to see, but not really surprising when the all mighty dollar is at stake.

We have number of options;
    Legal, I really do think a legal precedent needs to be set. These unfair/unethical trading practices would not stand a chance in the bricks and mortar world, it's about time the web stepped out of the wild wild west!

Or, there must be a codejockey out there who can develop a script we could put on our sites that can recognise and paralyse BHO's.

Or, we only use merchants not affiliated with these companies.

Or a network of clean merchants is setup,
    there are heaps of merchants out there that would enjoy the benefits affiliates bring but
    don't have tracking software setup, don't know how to do it or don't have access to affiliates.
    Maybe a special deal for them, free to join and steup with a % of sales going to the network.

Simplistic, yes, just throwing ideas around guys, it's my livelihood too [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Okay, I'm having a conversation right now with a merchant who has been accused of maintaining a relationship with Buyersport after they said they terminated.

They SWEAR that they DID terminate and Buyersport is still showing as REJECTED for their account (this is a CJ merchant). They still maintain that they take predatory advertising issues very seriously and they are NOT affiliating with Buyersport.

They do state that if Buyersport registered under another name, it's possible they have not terminated THAT relationship. (I informaed them of the MouseTrail.com account.)

Is it possible that these hits you are seeing are from "new" accounts registered under a different name?

According to Haiko, that is possible. If you want to PM me the merchant, I can check out for you and depending on how they are set up, send you a video of the link being overwritten if they are still being re-directed.

ABW Ambassador
    eaglefire, can you tell if it's a new (non-buyersport) account? I know (according to reports here) that they are still being redirected.

Cedric - check your PMs.

Cedric - I found it.

You will find both Blair and Fredricks on this page
    http://buyersport.com/index2.html

Fredricks CJ link from Buyersport -
    http://www.qksrv.net/click-280514-5835154

Blair.com CJ link from Buyersport :
    http://www.qksrv.net/click-280514-4992712

Merchant should be able to locate the account from the PID.

ABW Ambassador
    Okay, I know there have been problems in the past with the offending site (i.e., Buyersport) not removing logos/trademarks -- how do we know that is not the issue here?

And don't links where you've been rejected/dropped by a merchant continue to work, you just don't get paid? I seem to recall this from having been dropped, but I could be mis-remembering.

[I just tested http://www.qksrv.net/click-123456789...465789-4992712 and it works -- I tested putting all sorts of strings of numbers for the AID and they ALL worked -- I'm pretty sure that the URL still functioning is NOT proof of any misdoing.]

I'm getting some disturbing responses from merchants I have contacted and I am NOT convinced that they are all lying.

In fact, I'm pretty well convinced that at least two are not.

For CJ Merchants, I'm not convinced you can prove misdoing at all -- I'm not saying whether it's happening or not, I'm saying that what I've seen so far is not evidence. Morpheus could simply keep the links live even though they won't get paid.

I really can't see contacting merchants and accusing them of misdoing with what we have at hand.

Am I missing something?

ABW Ambassador
    bump for "Am I missing something?"

Don't hang me out to dry here, folks, I've contacted merchants about suspected misdoings (although I did NOT accuse them of misdoings, just asked questions).

Is there any real proof of merchants lying?

Cedric,

After further review and speaking with Todd to better understand the PID issue, I can say that while there *is* proof of merchants who have dropped Buyersport still having live and pilfering code, I am not 100% sure whose fault it is ... the merchant who asked Buyersport to remove the links till the steam dies down (some did this even though they said they dropped them) or if it was Buyersport publishing links with a different SID in anticipation of the Fix and being re-approved or the remote possibility of some malicious intent. So I'm leaving it alone to move forward believing in the good faith of the merchants first and foremost.

HTH,

Haiko

ABW Ambassador
    Thank, Haiko. I will also drop this and wait.

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread