Arrow CJ Offer Portal
    I just stumbled across the CJ Offers Portal and found it a pretty interesting idea. I know some other networks have done this but CJ never has. It's still in beta but it looks like it's being updated daily.

Have at it: http://www.cjbeta.com/offers/
    Akiva Bergstrom | akiva@affsolutions.com | 718-871-8286

Affiliate Marketing Solutions by affSolutions - Creator of the Product Showcase Creator™

Managed Programs: EssentialApparel.com (Join) | SportsFanfare.com (Join)

Affiliates: Product Showcase Creator Directory | Merchants: License the Product Showcase Creator™!

Thanks for telling us about that, Akiva

That's a handy all (merchants)-in-one resource for keeping up with the latest specials being offered -- that will come in handy for my sites
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

ABW Ambassador
    Now that's nice.

I'm guessing this was something they were going to premier at CJU before announcing here. Nice find, Akiva. As so many times in the past, you have provided some breaking news about CJ long before we hear it from them. Wish I had your magic lamp.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    One thing they should do tho is keep it up to date and remove any expired deals and promotions:

Most of this expired back in April/May:

http://www.cjbeta.com/offers/article...gory/exclusive

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    One thing they should do tho is keep it up to date and remove any expired deals and promotions:

Most of this expired back in April/May:

http://www.cjbeta.com/offers/article...gory/exclusive
    Maybe they like to confuse webmasters? Wasn't that the point of LMI?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

thats like wordpress

They've had this for almost a year now. It's just about useless to me. It's incomplete (for instance, the current Buy.com coupons aren't listed). I usually already know about most of the promotions before they appear there. Coupon codes are often left out (for instance, the Cooking.com Free Shipping with a $69 order). It's tough to programmatically pick out the merchant name to match up with merchants on our site. The XML feed only picks up the most recent 10.

Instead of manually updating a blog, they need to provide the tools to let merchants list their coupons and promotions in real-time, like ShareASale and BeFree do.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

As Michael says, this has been around for a long time.

This was sort of a "skunkworks" project put together outside of official engineering efforts by some people there who are trying to provide better service.

Also, as Michael says, the right way to do this is no secret. We put the BeFree system together many years ago and unfortunately it looks like it'll go to the grave with BFAST. At the time, it was pretty innovative and Brian did the same. (I think BF was first, but if not, no slight intended).

The idea behind the BF system was that it would be reviewed by human editors, like Overture (at the time), and only REAL offers would make it in with vital information like start and end dates, coupon codes, restrictions, worded for the end-consumer ("5% off $50+", not "offer your visitors 20% off") all in their own fields.

We never got around to making it easier to pull the data automatically, though it's possible to scrape it.

It's incredible to me that the others haven't pulled this together in a similar or better way.

I believe Avantlink offers a their deals also dynamically. They have rss and javascript I think....

I haven't had the time to impliment them much yet...I'm gettin' thar though...

It seems like the most logical thing to do especially if you have the resources to do it?
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread