ABW Ambassador
    I found these guys spidering one of my sites.

http://www.girafa.com

Anyone know who they are? They want to convince everyone to install something "usefull".

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    It's nice the asked since many just proceed with a install/download. Like a e-mail with an attachment I'm afraid to click on the above link in case they have a driveby install of some strange BHO. Check the whois database and e-mail the admin contact.

ABW Ambassador
    Been there, done that, formated hard drive, re-installed software, recovered all data, re-formated hard drive AGAIN cos recovered data had problem software.

I'm a little more cautious now and have several bootable hard drives so if I do decide to download something, it wont be on the drive I work on.

I would still rather not go through the hassle.

I will go though the BMO database to see if anything is mentioned about it.

Thanks

ABW Ambassador
    You are a mischievous devil, aren’t you?

Just because you are not paranoid, doesn’t mean that no one is out to get you.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Here's another strange one who's probably got the Morpheus merchant list on rolodex.

FlashTrack allows the media buyer to purchase media based on any URL visited and any keyword typed into any of the major search engines. FlashTrack further enhances the media buy through time-of-day based ad serving, frequency capping and seven differing web "usage occasions" to determine the type of web usage being conducted by the user. All of this real-time data mining is designed to more effectively segment the optimal audience. To view sample targeting options on the most basic level, see below:

TargetURLs Allows your advertising to appear when a FlashTrack user visits a certain URL or group of URLs that you as the media buyer have selected to target.

Keywords Allows your advertising to appear when a FlashTrack user visits any major search engine and performs a keyword search that you as the media buyer have selected to target.
    www.flashtrack.net which didn't try on the main pages to install anything. Obvious HBO parasite tied to the usual "get exposure on competitors sites"

[ 05-21-2002: Message edited by: EcomCity.com ]

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread