Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I'm looking for a real consultant
    Who is able to assist me in getting to the bottom of some serious questions I have. I'm not a noob looking to have you show me how to make a mil bla bla bla.

I'm interested in the nitty gritty of the biz and how to overcome some difficulties.

And I've been reading for 9 freakin months about this stuff so it's unlikely I'll just happen to stumble upon the info I need by searching. I know the real valuble stuff is hidden from others and am willing to pay for REAL info that I could use.

since I'm still considered a spammer here you can't PM me. But I would appreciate an e-mail at karomesis@hotmail.com if you're interested.

thank you for your time.

http and a telephoto
    If you have been reading for 9 months, you could have also been participating in discussions, asking quesitons and contributing to the forum which would have eliminated your "spammer" status All folks that don't post much are restricted in the same ways, you are not singled out.

Now, to your request, what kind of consultant? Are you a merchant looking to start an affiliate program or grow one? Are you a webmaster that wants help monetizing a website via affiliate marketing? That would be the first thing to clarify before anyone is going to answer or email you....
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

since I'm still considered a spammer here you can't PM me.
    I want to say quit your *****ing.
    I'm not gonna.
    But I want to.

What Loxly said.
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    karomesis, Over the last 9 months you could have been adding content consistantly to a site about a topic that interests you. Doing this with your site and sticking to it...for months and years...is one of the valuable 'secrets'...there you go and I told you for free! Establish yourself & your site online as an authority first--and then doors will open to generate revenue.

Just like with any business, should plan 3-5 years to dial things in and become profitable..

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I've got over 16,000 posts and still haven't gotten anyone to caugh up any real secrets. The only money I'd get from the experts is what's called ... "hush money" ... like bribes to put a sock in it.

Now it would be interesting to know if your saught after paid advice applies to affiliate .. or merchant success secrets.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ABW Ambassador
    It's one of those things where you get OJT - on the job training, with putting together a site, choosing merchants and joining programs, putting up links, promoting the site, making mistakes, correcting mistakes and persevering.

Once you're doing it, then you can ask question about what you need help with, and learn and improve over time. Just like you can read a book about how to swim, but until you jump into the pool and get wet, you won't ever learn how to swim no matter who tells you what.

Loxly, I just recently stumbled onto this forum, I haven't been lurking here for 9 months. I'm talking about aff marketing in general. And the consultation is for me as an affiliate. My questions are in reguards to implementation of various ideas into an aff business model,PPC to be specific.

Gary-avant link, I understand what you're saying, but I'm not looking for secrets really, just some info that would take me umpteen more months to aquire, and part of my business model is to outsource alot in the begining to generate revenue more effectively down the road

Webworker, I have done exactly that in the adult side of things and decided it wasn't for me for many reasons, my business model is very specific and relies on extremely sophisticated software to really generate revenue. I can't take the let's try a bunch of stuff and see what sticks method, that won't cut it. I have 85% of what I need to do already sorteed out, I just need to get some final things figured out and I'm ready to launch my sites.

I want to say quit your *****ing
    I do not know who you are, but if you wouldn't say that to my face in real life then don't say it in a forum. I have been nothing but polite to everyone here, a reciprocation would be the professional thing to do.
    Last edited by karomesis; September 15th, 2006 at 01:17 AM.

http and a telephoto
    Sorry, you made it sound like you have been lurking here for 9 months. All the advise here still stands Start participating and you will learn lots quickly...
    Deborah Carney

Are there any "affiliate-side" consultants?
    Quote Originally Posted by karomesis
    * * * I'm talking about aff marketing in general. And the consultation is for me as an affiliate. My questions are in reguards to implementation of various ideas into an aff business model,PPC to be specific.
    * * * I'm not looking for secrets really, just some info that would take me umpteen more months to aquire, and part of my business model is to outsource alot in the begining to generate revenue more effectively down the road
    If I may try to recap and focus your inquiry:

(1) You are seeking to make money as an affiliate. You have not identified any specifics about the "type" of web sites, if any, that you would create, nor have you identified any category or product niches you might focus on.

(2) You are specifically interested in the Pay-Per-Click model (many folks use that term to refer to just pay-per-click search, as on Google/YahooSM, but certainly there are other forms of pay-per-click advertising).

(3) You are seeking a referral to a consultant who can help you save time in building your business and compressing your "learning curve." (One way of looking at this request is to say, "you are asking other affiliates to identify a resource you can use to quickly and efficiently become a strong and effective competitor to those affiliates," but of course there are many merchants [affiliate managers like me] and intermediaries here who might also help you out.)

My response: As other folks have mentioned, the folks who can do this well are already doing it for themselves, and don't do "affiliate consulting." I've spent at least half of the past 10 years doing "consulting" for e-commerce retailers (mostly affiliate programs and PPC-search), but I always turn away "affiliates" who seek my advice, and so do all the other consultants I know in this space. As a consultant, whenever I have a good idea for an affiliate site or PPC campaign, I allocate some of my time (and more recently, some of my wife's time) to testing the idea. If it works, I don't call around to see who wants to share in my idea and my profits -- I just collect the revenue myself. (FYI, I am NOT accepting any new consulting clients this year, as my current gig is full-time.)

Perhaps some folks here could refer you to some e-books or web sites, or even print books, that might give you some additional insight into the "affiliate game," but I've never found any "affiliate-side" resource offered for sale that is as good as the free information available on various affiliate-themed web sites out there. (Certainly, ABestWeb.com ranks very high on my list of web resources for new affiliates; but I don't think it's appropriate for me to list specific competing web sites and forums here - which by itself might seem to support the idea that you need some advice you can pay for.)

Perhaps there might be a "new affiliate" conference or seminar offered by somebody (if so, can anyone who's attended recommend it?). I held two such events (about internet advertising, called "Web Publishers' Brainstorming Sessions") in 1998 and 1999. Alas, I'm not sure the time spent at such an event would be worth the cost, compared to using the same time reading at ABestWeb.com and similar sites.

So, here's the question: are there any consultants offering to work with "new affiliates" to help them build their knowledge base? Or are there other specific resources we can refer for a "new affiliate"?
    Last edited by markwelch; September 15th, 2006 at 10:17 AM.

ABW Ambassador
    AMs do that kind of consulting for free in most cases.
    I'm sure karomesis has been contacted.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    my business model is very specific and relies on extremely sophisticated software to really generate revenue.
    This (and similar statements you've made in some of your other posts) makes me think you'd be wasting your money, and a consultant's time, to hire one.

You've already decided what you're going to do, and how, and aren't willing to listen to anything contradictory.
    So what's the point in hiring a consultant? They're only going to be able to do you any good if you're willing to try their suggestions.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

I do not know who you are, but if you wouldn't say that to my face in real life then don't say it in a forum. I have been nothing but polite to everyone here, a reciprocation would be the professional thing to do.
    It would be nice to be able to contact you guys and others, but I can't PM
    I guess on this forum I'm considered a spammer until proven otherwise so I can't PM.
    since I'm still considered a spammer here you can't PM me. But I would appreciate an e-mail at karomesis@hotmail.com if you're interested.
    If anyone I knew or anyone for that matter kept going on about something "in real life", even after it had been explained to them and they had been told how to move past it, I would say ... to their face ... quit your *****ing.

And let's be clear here.
    I want to say quit your *****ing.
    I'm not gonna.
    But I want to.
    I said I wanted to say it. I didn't say it now did I.
    Even threw a little smiley face in there. Somebody's grumpy.
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Ward
    AMs do that kind of consulting for free in most cases.
    I'm sure karomesis has been contacted.
    I'm sure he has -- but he'd get much better advice if he'd just provide some information about what he is doing, such as a theme/topic/category. I'm not sure he really has anything specific in mind -- it's starting to look like he's just fishing for ideas.

Indeed, his message can best be summed up as "I want to start a business, I am 85% ready to launch but I need some vague, general advice because I'm not willing to identify the actual industry or product category." Other than the notion that it's going to be online, apparently with some web sites of some unstated type, I have no idea what he's really asking about.

He also claims to have some fantastic proprietary software, but he hasn't offered even a hint as to what it might do, nor how (or if) it applies somehow to the affiliate or PPC industries.

I suppose my earlier post about not accepting "affiliate-side" consulting clients was actually wrong, since you're correct that in my role as affiliate manager, I give out a lot of free "consulting" assistance to affiliates who ask for it (or who really appear to need it). But I only give advice after learning who the affiliate is, what kind of web site(s) she has or plans to create, and what general strategies she is considering.

If someone came to me and just asked, "How could I create a web site from scratch to exploit your affiliate program effectively?" without having some idea to start from, I wouldn't be able to help.

When I get such a "how-to" email from an existing webmaster, my most frequent responses are:

(a) add a "famous quotes" or "theme quotes" section to your existing "topical" web site, using our content, or ask me to create such a page or sub-site for you; or

(b) integrate our products into your existing "quotes" site, or let me integrate it for you.

I usually get a lot more specific, but all my advice to date has assumed the existence of a web site already. (Of course, many webmasters just add a text or banner link or coupon code to their site, but those folks don't need nor ask for my help.)

When I think of a great idea for creating a new web site that could help promote sales of products from QuoteProducts.com, I just go ahead and create the site myself, as an in-house property, just like every other affiliate manager. There are some such ideas that I'd share with the right affiliate, if I thought they could implement them more effectively, but not with just "anyone."
    Last edited by markwelch; September 15th, 2006 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    I've got over 16,000 posts and still haven't gotten anyone to caugh up any real secrets. The only money I'd get from the experts is what's called ... "hush money" ... like bribes to put a sock in it.

Now it would be interesting to know if your saught after paid advice applies to affiliate .. or merchant success secrets.
    Let's face it, Mike: the only one with the secrets is Charlie

If you could market Charlie's psychology, that would be a million dollar business
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Quote Originally Posted by karomesis
    Who is able to assist me in getting to the bottom of some serious questions I have. I'm not a noob looking to have you show me how to make a mil bla bla bla.

I'm interested in the nitty gritty of the biz and how to overcome some difficulties.

And I've been reading for 9 freakin months about this stuff so it's unlikely I'll just happen to stumble upon the info I need by searching. I know the real valuble stuff is hidden from others and am willing to pay for REAL info that I could use.

thank you for your time.

You're looking for the serious deal, the nitty-gritty, and you don't want to waste time right? Plus you are a newbie, right?

Your post reminded me of a (bratty) kid at a birthday party who is clamoring for the rose on the birthday cake

If you don't want to spend time on the forum do you think someone is going to be eager to reveal all to you (instantly) for free? Or are you looking to pay someone? In that case -- Caveat Emptor.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Your post reminded me of a (bratty) kid at a birthday party who is clamoring for the rose on the birthday cake. If you don't want to spend time on the forum do you think someone is going to be eager to reveal all to you (instantly) for free? Or are you looking to pay someone? In that case -- Caveat Emptor.
    I know the real valuble stuff is hidden from others and am willing to pay for REAL info that I could use.
    He said in his first post he was willing to pay for it...I don't think that is bratty. Can't fault him for asking, he can't fault anyone for saying no.

Simple.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The big shots are only the little shots who keep shooting.
    -Christopher Morley

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Deep Breathing Helps
    [QUOTE=Rhia7]You're looking for the serious deal, the nitty-gritty, and you don't want to waste time right? Plus you are a newbie, right?

Your post reminded me of a (bratty) kid at a birthday party who is clamoring for the rose on the birthday cake

R7 - LOL

Close your eyes - relax - breathe deeply - and then exhale slowly. Repeat this ten times while you envision a meadow filled with brightly colored wild flowers, a mild breeze, beautiful skies and a good latte. Now take your BP again. LOL
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

It's how you say it?
    In all fairness, it may be possible that your intentions are good Karo, but the approach was misguided? I like to give the benefit of the doubt, so my first "consulting" advice would be to become an interactive, contributing part of this crazy little village and take your time to read, learn, listen and enjoy.

9 months is no time at all. Good things come with time and sharing with others THAT which you hope to receive from THEM. There are thousands and thousands of "consultants" that can be found with simple online searches - or you can be patient, learn here and build solid success.

Best of luck to you.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

He also claims to have some fantastic proprietary software, but he hasn't offered even a hint as to what it might do, nor how (or if) it applies somehow to the affiliate or PPC industries.
    "fantastic" ? "proprietary" ? I never mentioned either of those words, time will tell if it's fantastic though.
    why would I tell you what it does or how it does it? money making ideas are a big secret right?

He said in his first post he was willing to pay for it...I don't think that is bratty. Can't fault him for asking, he can't fault anyone for saying no.

Simple.
    a voice of reason amidst the chaos.

thanks everyone for your replies.

Hope you have the "professionalism" to edit your post.

**edited to add** good, you do.

thanks for the vote of confidence popdawg

I try.

next time I won't though.

Second the motion Pop
    I like to give a benefit of the doubt to everyone first time around. That was given. If you are going to be here Karo - inappropriate slamming is not the way to win friends. I too hope you are professional enough to edit your post.

well done!!

http and a telephoto
    I think more than karomesis should have re-read and edited their posts, too late now, but thinking a little more before winging out childish insults may be a good idea...
    Deborah Carney

Something smells like a frenchman here and it ain't me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast