Linkshare Moderator READ THIS
    Hey Linkshare When are you going to get your SH*T together?

The Old Stats and the SA stats do not match.....SHEESE!

15 years and counting
    They can't match, nothing is real time at LinkShare...
    Wait a few days, it will get in synch, eventually.
    I have to WAIT TWO HOURS for their f@ing password update. Every 45 days, what a bunch of ...! I can't check my old reports.

It's Been Days! And They Still Don't Match! Fu#@en Linkshare Crap

I think their focus is on SA. Everytime I check my commissions, SA is always higher than the old reports. I don't think they are going to work on getting the old reports to update faster because is is just that, the old reporting system. Bring in the new, phase out the old. That's what they'll probably do.

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi All,
    In general, the dates used in SynergyAnalytics and the Interface Reporting System will should match up. There is a differences in how data is loaded into the different reporting systems, which can affect transactions occurring late in the day (GMT). If the merchant records a sale near the end of one day and reports the transaction data for that sale to LinkShare in the following day, that transaction can have different day stamps in the two systems. Synergy Analytics will tend to record the transaction as occurring in the first day, while the Interface Reporting System will report the transaction in the second day.

Ranae

Whilst reporting is certainly an issue at Linkshare, my biggest issue here by far remains collections. No use having tons of reports showing how much commissions you're generating and how well things are going, if merchants simply don't pay at the other end. It seems exceptionally easy for them to do with this with LS - certainly much more so than with networks that operate on a prepay basis.

After a year of putting in roughly equal effort into LS and 1 other network, I get a monthly check from the other network around 10x (ten times) higher than LS. Funnily enough, the commissions generated per day as reported in both networks are roughly equal!

It does not seem to me to be an impossible problem to fix, so I hope this email is viewed as constructive. It is a huge problem today, in my view. Until it is fixed and I start noticing results, I'm certainly not devoting equal effort to LS anymore going forward...
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -- Homer Simpson

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    They can't match, nothing is real time at LinkShare...
    Wait a few days, it will get in synch, eventually.
    I have to WAIT TWO HOURS for their f@ing password update. Every 45 days, what a bunch of ...! I can't check my old reports.
    change the passwd to new passwd.
    immediately change the new passwd to your original passwd. This is a way to work around the 2 hrs thing

15 years and counting
    Quote Originally Posted by FairFieldGetaway-EricEwe
    immediately change the new passwd to your original passwd. This is a way to work around the 2 hrs thing
    Thanks for the tip. It's the third time I've to change my password in a short period of time and it's getting on my nerves. It must be a big turn-off for new affiliates. Why do you want to work with a cie doing everything to make it more difficult to work with them? They need to think about it.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    The password fubar is caused is a defensive reaction to Linkshares pool of scumbag Super Affiliates. Those entities with their auto forced cookie setting plots and their status often as CPA competing networks are the password stealing perps. Come on folks ... use that brain God gave you. When have you ever seen a post at ABW where some affiliate had his Linkshare account hacked and his balance diverted to some 3rd party address. NEVER!!!

It is about hacking accounts to gain access to that affiliates clickstream and conversion stats. Quick automated downloads of those stats and the SEM/SEO/CPA underworld gets meaningful aggregate insight to crush the smaller affiliates and rape & pillage merchants commission budgets. Linkshare should come clean and explain what had happened when individual affiliate account log-ins got hacked. Who, and for what purpose, do these account hackers continue to devise ways to to see ABWers accounts???

That would be worth a discussion here.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Quote Originally Posted by FairFieldGetaway-EricEwe
    I tried to set the password to my original, but it wasn't accepted

I encounter difficulty at times when I try to remember all my new passwords
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhia7
    I tried to set the password to my original, but it wasn't accepted

I encounter difficulty at times when I try to remember all my new passwords
    my accounts expired and i changed it without any prob (merchant and aff). I changed new passwd, then within minutes, i changed it back to the original passwd. Reporting did not work with my new passwd as it mentioned that I had to wait x hrs. reporting works after i changed it to the original.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread