Rephrase question
    Sorry, but I was jumping the gun. The fact that golden can script is on my site probably is irrelevant other than the integrated search etc, makes it appear that the potential customer is on my site still ?

If I simply had text links it would be easy to say that they will be taken off site to purchase.

I haven't seen any sort of affiliate privacy policy at all - so Golden Can is somewhat irrelavant - except that it appears to be integarted as in a "shop front appearance "

this is the extent of my existing policy - which probable is not suitable for an affilaite site when people are going to be taken off site to with a cookie tracking system ?

"Privacy Policy

** acknowledges and respects your privacy.

We will only collect personal information from you with your prior knowledge and consent.

We will only use personal information provided by you for the purposes for which it was collected.

We will not disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent, except as required by your dealings with us.

We will not disclose your personal information to other institutions and authorities except if required by law or other regulation.
    We will remove personal information from our records when it is no longer required except where archiving is required.

We have processes and policies to protect the personal information that we have under our control from unauthorized access improper use alteration and unlawful or accidental destruction and accidental loss.

All information given to *** is normally treated as private and confidential and is not released to third parties.

However in cases where we believe we have been defrauded or an attempt is being made to defraud us of goods, or if the Police request, then any information we have relating to the relevant order or person will be used how we see fit.

We will report all attempts to defraud us or attempts to misuse our trademarks.

We reserve the right not to trade or do business with anyone at our discretion."
    :Todd:

Talking
    Some more thoughts.

Our site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that the your site name is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this Web site.

The yoursitename lets other companies that show advertisements on our pages set and access their cookies on your computer. Other companies use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one.

Most advertisements and links you see on the your site name are by other companies (third party technology), to serve advertisements within our web pages.

A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, that is sent to your browser from a web site's computers and stored on your computer's hard drive.

Each web site can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser's preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a web site to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites.

You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. (Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.) If you reject all cookies, you will not be able to take full advantage of all offerings.

From looking at my server stats no one views your privacy page anyway.

It only get 1 or 2 views a month.

Norton will block some pages without a privacy policy though on my computer.

I have one just to make Norton, CJ and anything else looking for a privacy policy link happy.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Thanks Burger Boy
    Thanks that is just what I am looking for.

It sounds simple and straightforward without making cookies sound too Big Brother and scarey.I have found also that no one looks at the Privacy Policy -rarely at the About Us page but having both seems to be a prerequisite for being recongnized as "legitimate" by google. Plus, of course it is good business practice.
    and just plain common courtesy.

Susan

P.S. I owe you a bottle of Moldovan Red ( when Geno had his vino distribution set up )
    Last edited by begabloomers; September 17th, 2006 at 12:29 AM. Reason: spelling
    :Todd:

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread