advice.. please?
    hey, all i hope someone can help... does anyone know how to contact froogle about inappropriate/inaccurate content? -- i am listing my products yet an affiliate is also posting my products..

dont get me wrong, i appreciate the support, but only when it doesnt violate some company's tos lol.

help
    ?

thank YOU!

jen
    [URL=http://www.mypenguintravels.com][COLOR=DarkRed]Have you seen my penguin?[/COLOR][/URL]
    [FONT=Tahoma]The Blog: [URL=http://www.jgoode.com][COLOR=Indigo]JGoode.com [/COLOR][/URL] | The Shop: [URL=http://www.jgoodedesigns.com][COLOR=Indigo]JGoode Designs [/COLOR][/URL]
    [SIZE=1][B]Designer/Illustrator/Professional Doodler[/B] for [B]Apparel, Gifts, Decor & more...[/B][/SIZE] :artist:[/FONT]

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    I am sure that you can email froogle.

I have done that before but i do not have the email address off hand.

I know for a fact that froogle will not let affilaites get listed on their site, unless they changed they T&C

thank you.
    [URL=http://www.mypenguintravels.com][COLOR=DarkRed]Have you seen my penguin?[/COLOR][/URL]
    [FONT=Tahoma]The Blog: [URL=http://www.jgoode.com][COLOR=Indigo]JGoode.com [/COLOR][/URL] | The Shop: [URL=http://www.jgoodedesigns.com][COLOR=Indigo]JGoode Designs [/COLOR][/URL]
    [SIZE=1][B]Designer/Illustrator/Professional Doodler[/B] for [B]Apparel, Gifts, Decor & more...[/B][/SIZE] :artist:[/FONT]

ABW Ambassador
    Keep in mind that Froogle frequently picks up products shown by affiliates all on its own. I suspect that is what is happening in your case - so be careful about accusing your affiliate of promoting your products in Froogle. You may end up losing your affiliate if you don't handle this well.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by jimh009
    Keep in mind that Froogle frequently picks up products shown by affiliates all on its own. I suspect that is what is happening in your case - so be careful about accusing your affiliate of promoting your products in Froogle. You may end up losing your affiliate if you don't handle this well.

Jim
    That's correct -- I found out that if I included a price for a dress that the dress and my site would be featured in Froogle
    The merchants didn't seem to mind

I did nothing intentional to be listed in Froogle -- it just happened that way
    [and don't tell me that I'm not allowed to list a price -- I always added a disclaimer that the price I was quoting was valid at the time I uploaded the info but that the merchant's site should be checked to confirm the current price]
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

one of my affiliate told me that froogle will not permit affiliates to upload their feed if your site is an affiliate site and you do not carry any real products / stock products

Quote Originally Posted by FairFieldGetaway-EricEwe
    one of my affiliate told me that froogle will not permit affiliates to upload their feed if your site is an affiliate site and you do not carry any real products / stock products
    Well, I don't know if Froogle has refined its TOS or changed in any way (I don't care).

I have never uploaded feed (to this point) -- all my product images (listed) were from Linkshare's specific image tool.
    I had pictures of dresses that I described in my own words and I listed prices (as described above).
    I did not attempt in any way to get listed in Froogle -- it just happened
    The merchants involved did not contact me. I did not do anything wrong.

It appears that if the prices were listed -- the items might (or might not) appear in Froogle -- it was a random thing and to my benefit so
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Quote Originally Posted by Rhia7
    I did not attempt in any way to get listed in Froogle -- it just happened
    The merchants involved did not contact me. I did not do anything wrong.
    Happy for you. Tried to help my aff get on froogle but to no avail.

When froogle first kicked off, the old company that I was with did about 2-3k/month.

You might want to look into hosting and naming images on your server (if you have datafeed ability) cos in my previous job, would get traffic and sales from google images. No kidding. Not in the thousands but close to 1k.
    All the best

Quote Originally Posted by FairFieldGetaway-EricEwe
    You might want to look into hosting and naming images on your server (if you have datafeed ability) cos in my previous job, would get traffic and sales from google images. No kidding. Not in the thousands but close to 1k.
    All the best
    What kind of hosting are you referring to? I have 1 & 1

Unfortunately, I do get way too much Googly Images traffic

I didn't mind inclusion in Froogle if it happened at random [those people often bought ], but I'm not so enthusiastic about people who search (me in costume) in Google images [such people aren't buyers usually]
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by jimh009

Jim
    That isn't happening in Jen's case. An affiliate submitted a feed, froogle hasn't been policing well lately and she just wants to report it and they can take what ever action they want.

I think Froogle has been getting lazy... If someone has a direct email address or link to a contact form, I would appreciate the information as well.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

If I remember right, the original deal with Froogle was that the original merchant submitted a feed and it was presented in search results first with their findings from other sources presented last. It wasn't a problem if you posted a price on something of yours and it got picked up.

I'm seeing discussions where Froogle may be considered to be slipping in interest within Google Corporate in favor of Google Base.

Affiliate Manager
    They've actually shifted the froogle merchant center to google base now. if a merchant wants to be listed, they must have an account with google base and must submit the products manually, froogle no longer spiders the web for products to list. Even merchants that do submit their feeds are supposed to update them with google base very regularly, or google will point to a lot of out of stock pages, and, expire all the merchants' pages after 30 days of submitting a feed.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread