Question What's the best book on affiliate marketing?
    Is there a "best" book out there for affiliate marketing? The latest I've seen is quityourdayjob and wondered about it. I thought I had even seen that name in these forums. Does anyone know about that ebook or have one they can recommend - that they have actually used? I'm PPCing myself to death . Thanks.

Affiliate Manager
    Not to sure if anyone could learn about affiliate marketing from a book. It is one of those things where you need to learn with hand on experience. I don't think I would even trust anyone selling a book or ebook unless it was written by a reputable known person that is an already established affiliate marketer.

Seriously, if anyone was making "millions" in commissions per year why would they bother writing an ebook about it and sell it for $45 or whatever? Any money that they are really making is most likely from the sales of the ebook itself.

They all probably push the same formula... join 100 affiliate programs and make a site for each one, plaster it with banners and links. Make one sale per day for each of your 100 sites. Average just $5 commission per sale per site a day and that is $500 per day. Not easy as it sounds though.

Don't know of to many millionaires actually giving away their secrets.
    But I could be wrong I guess.

When it comes to affiliate marketing it's probably best just to read ABW. If you'd like to build a quality site you might try to find a book on building successful community sites or building ecommerce sites. I doubt there would be a decent book that explains how to build "affiliate sites". In all actuality a successful affiliate site is really just a successful site. So just see what's entailed in creating a successful shopping destination. Look at the examples available like Pricegrabber, Shopping.com, Dealtime and many of the popular coupon, price comparison, and review sites.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

I agree with above. And, haven't seen ebook on this topic either.
    Follow advice here at ABW. Remember, this does take time, And - good luck.

Last edited by Trust; September 17th, 2006 at 04:18 PM. Reason: edited out sig

I agree with the rest, however i have found an ebook that is used for se's rankings. I bought this book in august 2003 and have genually made millions of dollars in sales learning how search engines algorythms work. (However most of the information "I "used from this book, no longer works in the se's) But they do have hundreds of helpful artciles.
    http://www.searchenginehelp.com/link...ty/senewspeek/

Quote Originally Posted by netnow22
    I agree with the rest, however i have found an ebook that is used for se's rankings. I bought this book in august 2003 and have genually made millions of dollars in sales learning how search engines algorythms work. (However most of the information "I "used from this book, no longer works in the se's) But they do have hundreds of helpful artciles.
    http://www.searchenginehelp.com/link...ty/senewspeek/
    You're a millionaire because of this ebook (and hard work)?

Wink
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyWebAffiliate
    You're a millionaire because of this ebook (and hard work)?
    NO, Not even close! I made my merchants millions of dollars in sales, and made a fraction of that as an affiliate. This book taught me how search engines rank web pages.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyWebAffiliate
    Is there a "best" book out there for affiliate marketing? The latest I've seen is quityourdayjob and wondered about it. I thought I had even seen that name in these forums. Does anyone know about that ebook or have one they can recommend - that they have actually used? I'm PPCing myself to death . Thanks.
    What angle are you looking for?

I doubt that there is a "step-by-step" that is truly helpful in the long run, but you can apply the principles of economic and consumer behavior/psychology to search engine analysis in order to gain a perspective in terms of how relevant your strategy is.

I find Pandia Search Central helpful (for search engine analysis):
    http://www.pandia.com/

I also agree with Scott/Snib in his post #3.
    Last edited by Rhia7; September 17th, 2006 at 04:54 PM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

This business changes too fast for any affiliate book to be effective or I would have written one by now.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

I love to read, and have looked high and low for anything regarding affiliate marketing. No luck - nothing worth buying out there. But there are a good number of books for the various aspects of affiliate marketing (i.e., marketing, programming, sales, seo, that kind of stuff). ABW has probably been the best resource so far.

Action Jackson - King of the World
    One of the best places if you're looking for search engine advice is http://www.webmasterwoman.com/seo-optimization/

Outsourced Program Manager Rick - Bitcom's Avatar
    Check out Ken Evoy and SiteBuildIt!

It's not a get rich quick approach but it's great for a newbie trying to get someone to take them step-by-step through the whole....create content...build traffic...presell your niche...and make some money...process. He has some ebooks you can buy for not much money that explains his approach which is pretty much the univeral way to go for a content site.

I know it works because some of my best affiliates use his approach.

I haven't read book..don't believe any book will help you either...
    the only book is abestweb

You can gain a lot more info from ABW than from any book you can buy. Most books are outdated as soon as they hit the presses.
    The people here are extremely knowledgable and friendly, and just about any question you can think of can be answered within moments.
    -Erick

SiteBuild it might be ok for content sites but is worthless if you want to create a sales site.

Jack I would love to know what a sales site looks like
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Ask Boogie Jack: http://www.boogiejack.com/

Or Captain Jack: http://www.capjack.com/
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Haiko's "Best of the Web" is the definitive authority on affiliate marketing and ecommerce. Charlie wants to put up a Paypal link selling it for $49.95, and offer a $50 off coupon on my site. Kind of a negative freebee if you ask me as I lose 1 cent on every sale. Charlie thinks I'm a fool for nixing the promotion saying we can make it all back in volume with some cheap PPCSE campaign. Damn thing didn't even turn out to be an ebook covering the best of ABW. All it was was a download link (after payment) to http://forum.abestweb.com with a recommendation to search for Ecomcity posts once they joined up.

Come on folks don't fall for it and cost me a penny a download.... and some sale cancellation fees from Paypal.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

The search engine book i posted is updated every month, so it never goes out of date, and even better it keeps up with the latest news for all search engines updates before they go out

ABW Ambassador
    The search engine book i posted is updated every month, so it never goes out of date, and even better it keeps up with the latest news for all search engines updates before they go out
    Errrr.. you mean they have inside information on algo changes prior to updates?

BTW, Aaron Wall's SEO Book is updated *constantly* throughout the months, weeks and days, and he keeps up with everything on a consistent basis. However, as good as his book is (which it IS), the most valuable thing anyone can do is learn how search engines work and the basics of what they look for. Then they can dissect what's happened with updates and evaluate what's working for the different engines on their own, without depending on others.

Outsourced Program Manager Rick - Bitcom's Avatar
    Just a question....

I understand the SiteBuildIt model of building content to attract SEs. How does a "shopping site" get traffic?

Quote Originally Posted by webworker
    Errrr.. you mean they have inside information on algo changes prior to updates?

BTW, Aaron Wall's SEO Book is updated *constantly* throughout the months, weeks and days, and he keeps up with everything on a consistent basis. However, as good as his book is (which it IS), the most valuable thing anyone can do is learn how search engines work and the basics of what they look for. Then they can dissect what's happened with updates and evaluate what's working for the different engines on their own, without depending on others.
    It looks like its similiar to Aaron Walls SEO Book, although i have never read it. I might read it and then post which one is better for all you newbies (if not both)

Quote Originally Posted by GigaGolf
    Just a question....

I understand the SiteBuildIt model of building content to attract SEs. How does a "shopping site" get traffic?
    Hi Rick:

Same way a content site does really. Optimizing your pages whether it be by category or product and getting goo links in.

PPC and Prayer would be my answer

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread