Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Please Help!
    New to the affiliate buisness and i am not sure what i got myself into. I joined up with dish network and direc tv. Have been their for about 2 monthes and have not yet made a sale. Entered into a million search engines and directories and i am not sure what else to do. Does any of you have some tips to help me get this site up and running.
    Any comments are appreciated,
    Thanks a million
    -Lisa Bischke

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_skys_lisa
    New to the affiliate buisness and i am not sure what i got myself into. I joined up with dish network and direc tv. Have been their for about 2 monthes and have not yet made a sale. Entered into a million search engines and directories and i am not sure what else to do. Does any of you have some tips to help me get this site up and running.
    Any comments are appreciated,
    Thanks a million
    -Lisa Bischke
    Being new you just entered into one of the most competitive fields, not sure I would have done that, baby steps Not really a million search engines, just about 4 that will send you any kind of traffic. I guess the only thing you can do is make sure your SEO is good, get links in, not sure if you're doing PPC but again satellite TV is a tough one, could lose lots of money if it's your first time doing PPC.

Yah i know not wise
    Yes totally i am kicking myself in the ass right now for that one. The lady made it sound so good, and i am good on the computer so i thought this would be easy. She also garanteed me sales in this industry so how could i go wrong. Just had a new baby and not making any money. So now i am not sure what to do with this whole thing. I am with usonline and they are not really that great. I sent them 3 letters and no one ever got back to me so i had to call them. And then the advertising coach had no clue about the questions i was asking him! Im in desperate help now with some advertising help from someone that actually knows what they are talking about.
    -Lisa

ABW Ambassador
    I think there are a few more here (affiliates) who do satellite stuff, not sure if you're working with the best one. As far as advertising help, there's lots to read around here and using search will bring up a lot of topics. Also depends how you're advertising, how you want to advertise. If you want to learn SEO and try to get free traffic or pay for some PPC among some other ways. Again if I was new, satellite stuff is not something I would start with.

too late
    thanks but its a little to late for that right now. Allready sighned up, lol...thanks though ill look around.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    usoag builds canned sites - for seo, this is a big mistake.

search for "usoag" here at ABW and see what other things people here have experienced with them.

good luck, you're going to need it.

usonline? I looked for the .net and .com and neither seemed to be likely candidates. If you're paying a monthly fee for a premade website that you have to get traffic to, you should see how fast you can get out of the contract.

We're very helpful here if you have specific questions. Read as much here as you can and soon you'll know enough to ask good questions and get good answers.
    Affiliate Marketing - The hardest easy money I ever made.

ticked off
    with what happend to me at usoag sounds like it happens to alot of people. I just recently had my baby boy and i was surfing the net about getting in line with an affiliate company. This lady calles me up and totally bullshits out her face. She tells me the sites cost nothing whats so ever to operate. Thats bull costs me 119 just to start up with them and then another 20 a month. I told her i have no money my credit cards are just about maxed out and she told me this was a good oppertunity for me. Now i am getting further and further into this whole with this company. This lady goes on to tell me i will get a call with in 24 hours from an advertising coach. I had to email them 3 times to ask for this advertising coach. NO one ever called me back so i called them and got this retard that had no clue what he was even talking about. NOw what the heck am i suppose to do. Stop payment on my credit card. I have been with them 2 monthes and only got 17 hits on my websites, nice huh

ABW Ambassador
    Is this a merchant at CJ?

ABW Ambassador
    As far as what you posted, chalk it up as a learning lesson. Do what you can to get out of it. Don't pay upfront for this kind of stuff. I've never paid to get into any program. But I guess this is a little different since you get some sort of site from them?

I merged the threads so it can be all in one place.

"Don't pay upfront for this kind of stuff."

Exactly. The vendors are supposed to pay the affiliates, not the other way around.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

yah thats what i thought
    thats what i thought to i told the lady that i thought that was a little weird. She told me you have to pay for all affiliate marketing and that most of them charge up to 2000 just to join with them. So i thought i was getting a prety good deal for 110.00. I guesed wrong

ABW Ambassador
    "She told me you have to pay for all affiliate marketing"

She lied. Do you know how to make sites on your own or were you looking for something prebuilt?

Take a look at this thread:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=60119

If I were you I'd demand my money back and threaten to make a big stink if I didn't get it. And I'd do it, too.

But you're probably a lot nicer than I am.

hmmm
    Well yah i gathered that she lied now though. I have no clue on how to make your own website. I am a fast learner but this lady told me that my websites come built i have to do nothing other than a litle advertising about 1 hour a day. I told her i cannot spend much more becuase i am a new mother i am new in college and she said i garantee you that you will recieve income within 4 weeks. So with garanteed income i thought i couldn't go wrong.

ABW Ambassador
    "I have no clue on how to make your own website."

It's good to learn but if you don't know how then there are also cobrand sites that don't cost you a dime. It's usually like this http : anameyoupick.merchant.com

This is just one example of that:

http://www.artselect.com/partners/

Or maybe start with a blog, those are pretty easy to figure out for first timers. One of the easier ones to learn and free:
    http://www.blogger.com/start

Angry yah read it
    yes i read that thread that was the first one i read and that got me really scared. I keep hoping i will find something nice someone said about usoag but nothing. I am a nice person till yah piss me off. Just got ripped of by the brick furniture comp. And i got what i wanted their. BUt this is a bit different i think, i sighned a contract, does that not matter? Cant i cacel my credit card or something. I dunno what to do. Im in tears right now as if i can afford another usless fricken bill.

It would cost you about $20 a year to have your own domain and have it hosted.

You could write a factual article about what they did to you and put adsense ads on it. Probably it would earn enough to pay its own expenses.

I'm mad enough on your behalf that I'll give you a hand if you like.

if soo
    If its possible to get out of this thing then i would not mind trying something else now that i have some knowledge in this. I dont have alot though so i am scared to try agien. I think i will just go out and work in the community that way i know i will get a paycheck every month

It would cost you about $20 a year to have your own domain and have it hosted.

You could write a factual article about what they did to you and put adsense ads on it. Probably it would earn enough to pay its own expenses.

I'm mad enough on your behalf that I'll give you a hand if you like.

You mean to create my own website about what usoag did to me with adsense from google? does that not cost money in itself? I think you have me all confused with that letter, lol please explain

Request a complete refund for your money. Even snail mail a request if you
    like--but an email should do. Give them 3 days to credit your charge card
    with any charges this company made, and you can also warn them if you do
    not receive a refund, you will initiate a charge back (this costs the company
    $45-$50 and goes on their record -- most companies Hate charge backs).

Keep a copy of your email requesting the refund for the website setup and
    any monthly costs charged subsequently.

Request the refund based on the following --
    The "coaching" was completely inadequate and describe in short detail
    why the "coaching" was inadequate sounding as professional as possible.
    And, you could mention they lied, yes lied to you that it costs $2000 to
    get into Most affiliate marketing and marketing coaching.

If they refuse your refund, request a Chargeback from your Credit Card.
    In fact you could call your credit card company now and tell them you need
    to initiate a charge back (they usually have to send you papers). With the
    papers, send them a copy of the email requesting a refund.

You shouldn't have any problems getting the charges reversed.

Good Luck -- I Hate Swindlers!

If you don't have much time or knowledge about affiliate marketing, and you need money coming in regularly, then this isn't the business for you.

It's hard and not guaranteed.

If it was that easy everyone would be doing it.

Demand your money back, and contact your credit card company and ask them to help.

Great Minds

ABW Ambassador
    "It would cost you about $20 a year to have your own domain and have it hosted."

I don't think she knows html or how to make sites.

"I have no clue on how to make your own website."

You can and should learn html but for someone just starting out, it's going to be like a foreign language. Opinions will vary but I would try out blogger first. Since it's free, not that difficult to learn. But when first starting out everything is but I think you'll be able to figure it out. Pick something you're interested in or know about. Start posting about it. I think she's looking for something right now. Blogger is something you can learn in a couple of days and get some stuff up and then go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by blue_skys_lisa
    You mean to create my own website about what usoag did to me with adsense from google? does that not cost money in itself? I think you have me all confused with that letter, lol please explain
    Yes, but I don't mean you pay google to send you traffic. I mean you put their ads on your site and when someone sees them and clicks YOU GET PAID!

Of course you have to hope a few people come to your site. If you make it right (I think there are several people here who would help, besides me) you'd be in most of the search engines for when someone was checking on the company.

If you'd ask around I'll bet several people would link to your site. That's what is needed for search engines to include you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast