The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Seasonal Rant: We're cursed/We're blessed
    Usually at this time of the year, our post are about networks or major merchants making major changes during Q4, and we have to spend all our time re-doing and un-doing things, rather then prepare for the busy season.

This year, we've been lucky. Except for the threat that the new Microsoft browser will make my sites illegible, there's no major changes that affect me.

Just got this:

We're delighted to announce that the ProFlowers Affiliate Program is now live on the LinkShare Network and you've been pre-approved! Your LinkShare account has been pre-approved into ProFlowers Affiliate Program.

Once you joined us through LinkShare, be sure to swap out your links IMMEDIATELY so you continue to earn money from our program. All ProFlowers links from BeFree will be deactivated as of September 22nd, 2006.
    Not a lot of work... can probably do it in an hour or 2.

But...

there's been a rash of network jumpings lately, and they're keeping me just as busy redoing and undoing stuff - instead of preparing for the busy season.

and these extra hour or twos add up when there's enough jumping ships

To networks and merchants: There's only so many hours in the day

Billy

It is still early, I am sure that cj or linkshare will stop tracking soon or change all their links to something in quicktime movie format or something stupid like that.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Every year, around mid-september, I go into 24/7 mode

Don't shave until mid-january and pee in a cup under my desk (ok I made up that last part)

this year... whatever is up... is up

whatever links/merchants are no longer active... oh well

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay
    Every year, around mid-september, I go into 24/7 mode

Don't shave until mid-january and pee in a cup under my desk (ok I made up that last part)

this year... whatever is up... is up

whatever links/merchants are no longer active... oh well

Sleep is overated! I do wish I had more time to work on my projects. Full time job only leaves me about 8 hours an evening - half of which is spent having to do the usual stuff (eating, bills, you name it).

I'd be first in line at the Dr's office if they ever come up with the ultimate no-doze pill that wouldn't leave me crazy.

I'd be first in line at the Dr's office if they ever come up with the ultimate no-doze pill that wouldn't leave me crazy.
    The crazy helps with original content
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

As long as I'm not writing about government conspiracies and pink elephants, it'll be a step up from the usual crap I write!

15 years and counting
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay
    Usually at this time of the year, our post are about networks or major merchants making major changes during Q4, and we have to spend all our time re-doing and un-doing things, rather then prepare for the busy season.
    I hope the networks learned a lesson with the LMI fiasco. LinkShare is pretty quiet and I like that. I'm sure they will think twice before changing our links or somethimg else.
    My main concern is with the search engines. They are so unstable these days and we know they can do drastic things, anytime. I try not to depend of them but at the same time I'll be a fool not to take advantage of their traffic.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread