Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    It's A Boy!!!
    Hi Gang,

I am very proud to announce the arrival of our second grandchild at 3:22 AM MDST this morning! His name is Fisher Nicolas Hamilton and he clocked in at a healthy 6 lbs 11 oz. Quite a night....

His big sister (Sage) is named after my sons and my favorite brand of fly fishing rod and of course "Fisher" says it all!! I was absolutely over the top happy when my son (Jeremy) walked into the waiting room, looked at me and after a strategic pause (while I anxiously gestured "Well???") said: "HE'S going to be a great fisherman Dad."

We didn't get home till after 5 this morning and now I'm babysitting Sage - so not a great day of sleep - but one heck of a day of life!! As for how Ellen (wifey) and I are feeling right now.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

http and a telephoto
    Congratulations Alan.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Congrats Alan
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

Thanks so much! I can't wait to see his little face again this afternoon! Today I will get to hold my newest little gift and dream about the future memories that we will create on some secluded stream or river.

I am so very happy and so thankful...
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Congrats!

[B]Jon Lyons[/B]
    Director of Affiliate Operations
    [EMAIL="jon.lyons@fluxads.com"][SIZE=1]jon.lyons@fluxads.com[/SIZE][/EMAIL][SIZE=1] | 1-877-GO-2-FLUX | [URL="http://www.fluxads.com/"]FluxAds.com[/URL][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]LinkedIn: [URL]http://www.linkedin.com/in/jrlyons[/URL][/SIZE]

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    Congrats, gramps!!! That's wonderful! YAYY!!!

Outsourced Program Manager
    Congrats Alan!

It's great to have Grandchildren

Congrats

I hope you have many fishing trips together ahead of you.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Congrats Allen

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    And on "Talk Like Pirates Day" too! YARRRR!!!

http://www.talklikeapirate.com/

Ditto! YARRR!

Internet Cowboy
    Be sure to warn him about parasites Alan! Congrats!!!!!

Wow, it's so nice when someone has happy news to share. Congratulations. I'd love to see pictures of Grandpa with his new little fishing buddy.

Sheri

ABW Ambassador
    Congrats

ABW Ambassador
    What a joy, congratulations, Alan!

You guys are a hoot!!! Thanks
    Scott - you have a wonderful sense of values. I will explain to Fisher the danger of parasites when I see him today! You can never start em too young on that one! Thanks Scooty

Carolyn, when this pirate looked at 50, I thought life had been a tremendous journey thus far. But being there for the birth of my grandson is yet another type of pirates treasure! Arggh Matie - ette. Thanks CT.

Sheri - I will post some pics very soon. I'll be proud to show off my lil catch and release buddy!! Thank You.

Michael, Chris, Trust, Flux, Pop, Mind, Rhia, and all of you, thank you all so much & a Happy Pirates Day to you all!!

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    congratz!!!!
    wait, i already know

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Fisher... love it.

Grew up fishing and love that name. Grew up in an area of Miami not too far from where the cruise ships dock at Dodge Island - right near Fisher Island, now a private island where Oprah and others have opulent houses and can only be accessed by boat or ferry. Fisher Island was mainly unihabited (but for the Vanderbilt mansion complex) when I was a kid and my brother and I used to get to Fisher Island's south shore by swimming / snorkeling from Virginia Key, across Norris Cut, with fishing gear and all and then fish from it's undisturbed shores and spearfish in its coral blue crystal waters. I hope his life is filled with fishing fun and many other warm tropical adventures like those I had on Fisher Island as a child. And Alan, I bet you're going to make those wishes come true for him!

According to the latest U.S. Census, Fisher Island also has the highest per capita income of any place in the United States. So I'm thinking Fisher's going to be wealthy too. :-)

Satllite photo of Fisher Island:
    http://www.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en...42915&t=k&om=1
    [tip of Virginia Key to the south, Dodge Island (cargo port and cruise docking) to the west, and now-glamorous-but-was-a-crack-neighborhood-when-i-was-a-kid South Beach to the north (across the deep, dark blue shipping channel)]

If you can't tell by now, this place and this name holds special meaning for me. Look at the satellite and you'll see the convergence of worlds... industry / shipping / modern world to the west, raw nature to the south (virginia key is mostly a wildlife preserve but has a crazy history including Nixon stories, race issues unbelievable by today's standards, infected escaped research monkeys and more!), wild night life to the north on South Beach and Biscayne Bay, in it's vast beauty, lies to the East and opens up into the Atlantic ocean from there.

If you look closely at the satellite photo, along the north shore of Fisher Island (it's horizontal shoreline), you can see the ferry pulling into the only Island access other than boat / helo. You can see a large man-made marina in the middle of the island (for large boats) and also a smaller, visitor's dock on the island's southern most shore - right where I used to fish and play. On that spot now, on that southern most tip, is a large outdoor pool, fantastic beach and a delicious sunday brunch served by dudes wearing little red jackets and responding to your every whim. I like to take my Mom and Dad there for brunch when I go visit them in Miami - but you gotta know someone on the Island, they don't let you just swim up any more...

Alan, if you ever get the chance to brunch on Fisher Island, promise you'll bring Fisher and family and pamper them to oblivion!

Fisher Island is a beautiful place Alan, one very rich in memories for me. May your Grandson Fisher bring you much, much more than that to you and your family's lives.

Welcome Fisher!

PS - if you ever decide to swim across Norris Cut separating Virginia Key and Fisher Island, work out for a few years first, it's a tough, long swim... and I advise against swimming with your bait in tow... friends don't let friends swim and chum...

Outsourced Program Manager e-Gazer's Avatar
    Congratulations to you and your entire family!!

Welcome to the new baby too... it's always such a joy to welcome a new baby into the world.

I wish you and yours the very, very best as you experience the joys of getting to know your 'new addition.'

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Yay! Another baby to celebrate :-) Congratulations Alan!

LOVE the names, btw. "Sage" was a name I desperately wanted for my second daughter but my ex wasn't going for it. Fisher is another very cool name.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

CPA Network Rep
    Hey Alan,

I don't know you, but congrats anyways - new life is always something to celebrate!!!

Huck Finn Donuts!!
    First of all, thank you all very much for your good wishes and positive words. I'm getting ready to go see my little Fisher in a few so wanted to acknowledge your wishes and thank you all.

DNuts - Sounds to me like we had similar childhoods in different geographic locations! Man, takes me back and I can certainly appreciate the indellible memories you carved with your friends and brother through your adventures. We will share stories someday over lunch - I promise!

Also, thank you sincerely for sharing your memories and your directly related appreciation for the name "Fisher." I can definitely relate to the feelings behind what you said D Man.

As for Fisher Island - WOW!! It was a kick to see where you and your brother fished and played. Having just returned from a great week of archery hunting with my own special friend / brother, I again can deeply relate to the fun, adventures, care free days and memories of our childhoods. Yet another great thing about you hombre.

What a mix of housing, industry, commerce and then suddenly pristine shoreline and nature. Absolutely a cool place! The fishing trips with Fisher will be many, and the role I get to play in re-living my childhood, as well as the childhoods of my own sons again has got me reeling. (no pun intended)

When my sons were little we lived about 15 minutes from Cape Cod and I took them both fresh and salt water fishing too many times to count. Great adventures, great fishing, priceless father - son(s) time.

I will never forget those times as you can understand. We'd fish over near OakBluffs or off the back side of Vineyard Haven. Great Stripers ( 30 - 50 lbs ), great Blue Fish, Cod, Dorado, sharks and so much more. Then I'd throw anchor in 10 - 15 ft of water and we'd have impromptu diving competitions from the whale bridge or FB. God, what great times - what irreplaceable memories. I have already had a wonderful life - and now it gets even better!

So thank you for taking the time to write such an informative and interesting congratulations DMan. I can tell that our heads and hearts have much in common, as do our Huck Finn memories.

To You & Your Brother My Friend.

Alan

Sis meets lil brother
    Well, Fisher is doing great!! Tonight he met his big sister Sage for the first time. She's been hopping sround the house all day singing e - i - e - i - o and saying, "Grampa, wanna sing with me and shake your junk? and "I have a baby name Fisher." What a trip!!!

Something that was also special is that my mother in law just got in Saturday, so she got to be with us when her great grandson was born today. What a great time for her to be here, and what a coincidence that our DIL Sumer was 5 weeks early on this one.

I am going to finally get some sleep. Only had 4 1/2 hours the past two nights - so feeling like a zombie. (a very happy zombie) But just wanted to update that everyone is really happy in this family tonight.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Arrgh......
    Last edited by ALH - AmeritrustRx; September 19th, 2006 at 10:16 PM. Reason: typo

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    Alan,

Just caught this post.

First, congratulations!!! Sage is in for a great time with her grandfather.

So 2 grandkids eh? Yeah I think this confirms that you are an old fart now
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

Congratulations Alan on the new baby..sure it's gonna have great times ahead for him

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast