First let me apologise for posting a techinical query in a chat forum - but there doesn't seem one quite right for this question.

I've Googled all afternoon and can't find a definitive answer, and I thought one of you more technically experienced affiliates might be able to clue me in.

Its basically this:-

Is it best to beat your apprentices, or is starving them sufficient?

I

Beating is an excellent stress-reduction tool ... for you, that is.

My suggestion is simple: What would give you the most pleasure?

Beating them is good but starving them and then eating in front of them would entice them to part with some cash, thus making you some money [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    "Is it best to beat your apprentices, or is starving them sufficient?"

Affiliate enabled merchants like ShopNow -Gator and eBates seem to prefer the approach of completely ignoring their affiliate captives cries for food as they stuff their faces. Some how their Robinhood approach of robbing from the rich merchants gets destorted when it comes to feeding the poor.

The best move would be to sell them to someone and then use the funds to buy new ones...beter yet make them pay you.

Thanks for the thoughtful replies everyone.

I think I'll combine Fred's idea with the one I had the other day and set up Madame Icicle's House of Sin.

I

Will you be setting up an affiliate program for that? I've heard that sin sells! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Let's all extend a warm welcome to our new member, Frederick

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Posts: 3 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Workerbee,

>I've heard that sin sells!

Compared with affiliate marketing we'll probably get screwed less often..

I

ABW Ambassador
    Sorry that this is a little late.

Most definitely a combination of starving and beating is the best solution.

If you give your apprentices the responsibility of a large project and tell them that it will give them the experience to launch their career directly on the fast track to their first 20 million, it will keep them on the terminal day and night.

Then you could give them a popunder with two buttons. One green, and one red. The green button would be an affiliate link to a local Pizza store, so that when they click for food or drink, then you get commission for it.

The red button would enable you to either automatically beat them, or if you feel like taking a personal interest in their training you could take over the task and work on a one to one beating system. You could also step in if you felt that they were falling behind somehow.

So that your apprentices do not get lazy or click X or cancel, you could rig up an automatic beating and bring up a new popunder. Also set up a refresh that automatically gives a beating unless the green button is clicked every so often.

To stop them cheating and trying to avoid that you get any commission by finding another web site where they can buy food, you could just overwrite the affiliate code of that website and get the commission anyway.

If the month is slow and you are not meeting your forecasted income for your other sites, you could increase the frequency of the refresh offsetting the losses.

Obviously, your apprentices would at sometime realise that the millions will not directly arrive. At this stage you could tell them that they have finished the apprenticeship, give them a crappy certificate and send them on their way, qualified and ready to make that 20 million.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    A sign in my old office:

The floggings shall continue until morale improves.

LOL Buckworks!

Here's my favorite:

Due to budget restrictions, the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off.

Apprentices,

Are you being beaten or starved?

Are you aware that beatings and starvation are in violation of the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA)???

Yes, Apprentices, a Federal law prevents you from being beaten and/or starved.

If you think you are being unduly beaten and/or starved in your occupation, please visit the Law Offices of Dewey, Shaftem and Howe immediately for your free consultation.

Aloe Vera and Free Sandwiches in the Waiting Room!!!

We are here for you !!!

(listed by the state board of beating / starvation specialization)

Boy Canni Shaftem, Atty

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread