Conversion rate for Halloween costume sites
    I am thinking of running some of the Halloween costume sites offers through CJ. Can anyone who has ran one of these offers provide some basic feedback.

1. Conversion rate for emails.
    2. Conversion rate for PPC campaigns.
    3. Best looking & performing site.

Thanks!

Check out BuyCostumes.com and SpiritHalloween.com. They are both top performers.
    Akiva Bergstrom | akiva@affsolutions.com | 718-871-8286

Affiliate Marketing Solutions by affSolutions - Creator of the Product Showcase Creator™

Managed Programs: EssentialApparel.com (Join) | SportsFanfare.com (Join)

Affiliates: Product Showcase Creator Directory | Merchants: License the Product Showcase Creator™!

What kind of conversion rates do you have with them?

5.8% CR for my Halloween site, organic traffic only.

Not really good looking but easy to use and no maintenance required.

Tuan

TLE, 5.8% CR without any maintenance sounds like what we'd all like to be able to do. How long have you had your Halloween site up and running?

About this time last year, so I barely caught last year. This year started converting in late July. The CR is cummulative for this year so it should still go up a little.

It probably helps too that I have a 10 character domain name with halloween in it.

Tuan

Halloween Conversion - BuyCostumes.com
    I think Halloween surprises a lot of affiliates. I can't tell you how many have come on board to be pleasantly surprised after the dust settles in November.

On average, affiliates in my program realize well over a 5.0 conversion during the Halloween season. I've seen it as high as 12.11 (and that was in December too!)

Even during the year, during "non-Halloween" times, affiliates experience well over "the average" which is exciting since this proves costumes are not just selling during Halloween. We find lots of reasons to dress up and party. If you decide to try it out, keep with it because Christmas and Easter are just as juicy!

Party Supplies, which is newer to BuyCostumes.com, tends to have a lower shopping cart value. Some affiliates have a good rhythm with costumes and know what to expect with the higher, average order. My ultimate goal is to help affiliates engage both the costume seeking and party seeking customer. After months of surveying, there is an obvious connection between the two!

With Halloween being the 2nd most decorated season after Christmas...it's worth a shot! Not to mention, the products are fun to promote and there is a lot of room for creativity.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    I have a barware site where I have a Halloween section, that does pretty well every year,

For the first couple of years I promoted the Halloween stuff, I used buycostumes.com for costumes, and did pretty well.

The year before last, I was wowed by the almost double commission rate at coustumeman.com, and changed all my coustume links to them.

Well, not only did they not convert nearly as well (I can't at this moment give you any specific numbers), but their reversal rate was about 90%.

This past year, I changed back to buycostumes.com, and did well again with them. And, I don't think there was more than one reversal, if any.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Correction - I have been back with buycostumes.com for two years, (not that that matters to anyone) and last year's conversions did improve over the prior year, and significantly better than with costumeman.com.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread